Sign in to follow this  
Cazador1908

Playmats?

Anyone know if there are any official playmats for this game?

I´m not only looking for one with a cool looking star wars background but mainly one that will help you set up the different cards.

Whenever I play the game there's always some confusion since some players like to keep their command deck one place and their locations another etc, etc.

I found these two, but not in a good enough quality to print. But the setup design looks pretty neat.

What do you think?

pic1568105_md.jpg

pic1568104_md.jpg

Either way I'll start working on my own (although I'm really loving this configuration) and keep you posted with what I come up with.

Yes there are official playmats, but not ones with locations for each area.  The Regional 2013 kit came with 8 playmats with Intimidated (Darth Vader) card art.  The other is the new Season 2 League kit comes with 1 mat that depicts the Battle of Hoth.

Those mats look nice, but you'd have to get them printed.  The way it organizes several of the areas is not how I generally do it myself, but I could see how itd be helpful.

Edited by Hida77

To conserve space, I have usually done:

Far Left:

Affiliation card at the top, with yet-to-be-used objectives under it. Underneath that are my 3 current objectives. Below those is my discard pile, and below that is my command deck. So, on your image, imagine the objective deck under the Faction card, and the faction card above the objectives. 

I like to have just about everything off to one side, because I hate when the play area feels crowded. I don't like to have things on both sides of where the main board is. 

Nice work on the images. But, I am sure that most players have their own idiosyncratic methods. 

I don't particularly mind how people arrange their cards, but I think that FFG should have a rule against using any tokens besides the ones that come with the game in competitive play. Things get ridiculous sometimes; I have seen people using poker chips, beads, Lego figures, etc. 

Ever play against anyone that puts their enhancements up in front of their row of units? That drives me nuts, like it used to drive me nuts in MTG or AGoT when someone puts lands/locations above their creatures/characters. 

Edited by divinityofnumber

Anyone know if there are any official playmats for this game?

I´m not only looking for one with a cool looking star wars background but mainly one that will help you set up the different cards.

Whenever I play the game there's always some confusion since some players like to keep their command deck one place and their locations another etc, etc.

I found these two, but not in a good enough quality to print. But the setup design looks pretty neat.

What do you think?

There are files with the exact images you posted on BGG and they are high enough quality to print.  I just had them printed on card stock and laminated...so they aren't the cushy playmats; but the image I found on BGG was good for a large format with no pixelation.  I do a lot of real business at a local print shop and he printed them for free, but said he normally would have charged about $30 for them.

They look extremely nice, not very useful.

I pretty much follow the layout from the rulebook, except that I put my Command Deck and discard to the left of the Obj cards. That way all of my stacks are to one side and my play area can expand as far to the right as needed. 

And I tuck my force cards under my Affiliation card just to keep them out of the way.

They are by no means perfect, but I think they are a helpful tool when you are teaching new players the game (not that everyone needs to have a visual). It is slightly annoying that it uses the word vehicle instead of just saying units and engaged units. 

Far Left:

Affiliation card at the top, with yet-to-be-used objectives under it. Underneath that are my 3 current objectives. Below those is my discard pile, and below that is my command deck. So, on your image, imagine the objective deck under the Faction card, and the faction card above the objectives. 

I like to have just about everything off to one side, because I hate when the play area feels crowded. I don't like to have things on both sides of where the main board is. 

Nice work on the images. But, I am sure that most players have their own idiosyncratic methods. 

I don't particularly mind how people arrange their cards, but I think that FFG should have a rule against using any tokens besides the ones that come with the game in competitive play. Things get ridiculous sometimes; I have seen people using poker chips, beads, Lego figures, etc. 

Ever play against anyone that puts their enhancements up in front of their row of units? That drives me nuts, like it used to drive me nuts in MTG or AGoT when someone puts lands/locations above their creatures/characters. 

Actually I recently bought red glass gaming tokes and they work a lot better than the focus tokens provided by the game. They are a lot easier to notice and to keep count of the different exhausted cards. Haven't found a good enough replacement for the shield tokens though. (the blue glass I found is too dark)

I find that, while the tokens provided by the game look really cool, they are sometimes a bit hard to remove from the cards and they do tend to get unnoticed or confused with the overall art of the cards themselves.

As far as using lego pieces as tokens, it just sounds ridiculous.

Far Left:

Actually I recently bought red glass gaming tokes and they work a lot better than the focus tokens provided by the game. They are a lot easier to notice and to keep count of the different exhausted cards. Haven't found a good enough replacement for the shield tokens though. (the blue glass I found is too dark)

I find that, while the tokens provided by the game look really cool, they are sometimes a bit hard to remove from the cards and they do tend to get unnoticed or confused with the overall art of the cards themselves.

As far as using lego pieces as tokens, it just sounds ridiculous.

I think that's a good idea and simple solution.  Focus tokens are just flat enough to be a hassle!  

Am I the only one who uses the Acrylic Focus tokens FFG put in the Season1 kits?  I also got some of the X-Wing shield tokens from the Season 2 kit for that game and use them for the LCG as well.  I know that many places don't have/never got these kits, but you can find the tokens on E-Bay and other sites pretty easily if you look.  I won a few sets and then back-filled the rest that way so I had plenty to use.

Just hope the next kit has Damage tokens in it =D

Am I the only one who uses the Acrylic Focus tokens FFG put in the Season1 kits?  I also got some of the X-Wing shield tokens from the Season 2 kit for that game and use them for the LCG as well.  I know that many places don't have/never got these kits, but you can find the tokens on E-Bay and other sites pretty easily if you look.  I won a few sets and then back-filled the rest that way so I had plenty to use.

Just hope the next kit has Damage tokens in it =D

I love the acrylic focus tokens that I won with the game night kit prizes. All I use anymore. I would like to get the shield ones too.

I love the focus tokens from season 1, I also recently got the tokens that team covenant put out and seeing how I like those. They were extremely reasonable in price too, something the game night tokens are not most of the time on eBay.