Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wookie Hunter

Riverside, CA Looking for More!!

272 posts in this topic

I dont know exactly where ridgecrest is but if you ever want to get together just let me know and ill try to get a group out there.

We takin' your ride?

Hello, all -- glad to have (finally) found a group of semi-local players!

I'm Josh, I live in the High Desert & work in Rancho.  A buddy & I just started playing a couple months ago, and would love to meet up with some fellow pilots from time to time.  Labyrinth sounds like a good place to do just that.

Family & work keep us both pretty busy, and getting back down here on the weekend will be tough.  I'll be following this thread & checking in with Labyrinth's website, though.  I'm hoping we can make one of the 4-week events listed above, maybe the last one.

So ultimately, I suppose, this here's just a hello and hope to see some of yous soon!

Josh

-- I don't suppose anyone here is in the High Desert (Apple Valley, Victorville, Hesperia)?  Friday night casual games in the desert would be a lot more conducive to our schedules than driving back down the hill.

Labyrinth Games will be having a 4 week long X-Wing Summer tournament series! First tournament goes off this Saturday, the 26th at 3PM here at Labyrinth in Rancho Cucamonga!

Labyrinth Games

8976 Foothill Blvd, Suite B4, Rancho Cucamonga, California 91730

"Length: Four weeks, each Saturday

Format: 100 point Swiss

Entry: $5 each week you participate

Prizes:

Top player and one random player each Saturday will receive an alternate art 'Academy Pilot' card.

Depending on the number of players, top 2 or top 4 will also receive part of a 100% entry funded store credit prize pool.

At the end of the final Saturday, the top players from each week will be invited to play in a Final Elimination Tournament!

"1st place will receive:

-The Summer 2014 Champion Medal

-Alternate Art 'Biggs Darklighter'

-2 Alternate Art ' Academy Pilot'

-Acrylic 'Proximity Mine'

-Acrylic 'Proton Bomb'

2nd place will receive:

-Alternate Art 'Biggs Darklighter'

-2 Alternate Art ' Academy Pilot'

-Acrylic 'Proximity Mine'

-Acrylic 'Proton Bomb'

3rd place will receive:

-One of two card boxes (their choice)

-Alternate art 'Academy Pilot'

4th place will receive:

-The remaining card box

-Alternate art ' Academy Pilot'

Good luck pilots and may the Force be with you!"

Hope to see as many of you from the forums here!

My buddy and I are planning on being here this coming Saturday -- any one else gonna make it?  This will be our first tourney.

Honestly, I just can't convince myself to come out there for another two round snoozefest and terrible prize support. I know the shop is new, but they really need to work on hosting events. That said, I will make my way out there again for some casual play eventually. And, of course, you're always welcome to come hang out at GMI.

Anyone going to be at GMI tomorrow evening (Fri 08/08)? We're thinking about heading down there after work since the Cajon Pass is gonna be jacked.

I'm gonna do my best to make it out to the GMI event next Friday (8/15) but it conflicts with FNM. Hope to see you guys out there again soon and I'll let you all know about prize support and times when I can.

Wish I could make it...good to see my old stompin groundz representin!!

If anyone is up for a drive out to brea there is a small group of us at the realm every other Friday!!

Hey all, last time I made it to GMI there was talk about a tourney next Friday night (Aug 29) -- this still on?

Yeah, September 13th is what I'm being told now. Sorry about the confusion, our regular organizer was knee deep in Magic events this past month, so we were kind of out of the loop.

Draft gets about 16. Standard hasn't been getting many players and usually doesn't fire.

We're still working out the details for our X-Wing game night kit. Stay tuned for more details.

Thanks. A friend of mine made the Pro Tour and he'll need draft practice so we'll be there in a week or two, and I'll start dropping by on Thursday nights for X-Wing

Yeah, September 13th is what I'm being told now. Sorry about the confusion, our regular organizer was knee deep in Magic events this past month, so we were kind of out of the loop.

Any more word on this yet? And what time do these normally start?

Hi

Causal play on Every week Tues 7-11pm  and Sunday ~2:00 pm at Mtg deals at San Gabriel.    We need more X WIng players.  Go on meet up and search for "dolls and dorks" for more details.

Any more word on this yet? And what time do these normally start?

There was some conflict because of an ongoing Saturday league, but I think we've sorted it out. The event should be on the 13th, at noon. Let me know if this poses an issue for you and I'll see if we can't shift it a little bit.

Anyone here play at Gameology in Montclair still?  The only posts I've been able to find about it are fairly old, many of them about a year ago.  I see on their website that they still have monthly tourneys on the third Sat every month.

Thinking about swinging in there after work tomorrow (Fri 09/19), would like to get a game.  It's a lot closer to the office than GMI.