Sign in to follow this  
grover2000

A grey, not evil Empire?

And just so we are clear, liking the Empire ... does not mean one likes or agrees with Nazis.

It kinda does though.

If you identify with the Empire, who are pretty much Nazis with the serial numbers filed off, then...

I know all those games of Monopoly I played have me seriously itching to evict little old ladies from their houses so I can build hotels.

And here I thought that most kids these days just picked up the sense of entitlement that comes from getting money just for passing GO...

A year old thread filled with the sneerings of a delusional crackpot.

Let it die folks.

AlumunimWolf/ErikB/Sylpheed resurrected it by linking here from a current thread saying, "I told you so".

And here I thought that most kids these days just picked up the sense of entitlement that comes from getting money just for passing GO...

Passing GO is either depressing in the beginning of the game or hard work later on. If a board game is going to be blamed for teaching entitlement, it's checkers! Where else do you get to become royalty just by getting to the other side of the room?

And just so we are clear, liking the Empire ... does not mean one likes or agrees with Nazis.

It kinda does though.

If you identify with the Empire, who are pretty much Nazis with the serial numbers filed off, then...

I know all those games of Monopoly I played have me seriously itching to evict little old ladies from their houses so I can build hotels.

Yeah I guess ErikB think that all of the times I led the CSA to victory, or fought for the CSA in games set during the US Civil War must mean that I really want to enslave my African-American friends, AKA the majority of my close friends, and set them to work picking cotton.