Sign in to follow this  
Ewokbarber

Would this be broken?

I'm playing a wookie marauder with 5 brawn and a very good melee skills. I was looking at the bounty hunter assassin for my next tree. By the time I finished both trees I would have lethal blows +60. If I had a vibro axe with the serrated att. Superior weapon att. And mono-molecular edge I would crit on one adv and add at least 110? To the crit result? That means I could kill a rancor in one hit? Maybe I'm doing something wrong here.

I wouldn't call it 'broken' exactly. It's going to take a lot of XP to get to that point, and while you'd be really good at that one thing, you wouldn't be much good at all at anything else.

Actually I'd still be decent in unarmed combat as most of the combat perks from those trees still apply to brawling. Plus I always wear my shock gloves and I usually carry a vibro knife that can be almost as good.

You'd be scary in Melee that's for sure.  A lot will depend on your game and your GM.  There are a lot of places you probably couldn't walk around with a vibro axe. 

Mine folds up into a giant wookie pocket watch! Someone comes up to me and says " excuse me kind wook but do you happen to have the time on your giant watch?" And I'll go " chhchhchhchh HAAA!!! Surprise attack! " The role playing games that happen in my head are so epic!

Edited by Ewokbarber

Mine folds up into a giant wookie pocket watch! Someone comes up to me and says " excuse me kind wook but do you happen to have the time on your giant watch?" And I'll go " chhchhchhchh HAAA!!! Surprise attack! " The role playing games that happen in my head are so epic!

LOL

Broken? Not explicitly. Completing a talent tree takes rough 300 XP, so "clearing" two of them is 600 XP. Assuming an optimistic 20 XP per session, that 30 sessions. Someone who devotes 30 sessions to a single skillset *should* be amazing at that!

Downside? For 90% of gamers, its BORING. I've been RPGing for over three decades, most of it as a GM, and in my experience, most of the time when someone min-maxes this much, it leads to me hearing this a few months down the road: "I'm getting bored of this character. I want to play something different," or, at the very least "I want to fiddle with my character." While it's fun on paper to look like you can win all the time, in play, that often leads to boredom.

I would agree with gwek to some extent. After that much experience, you should be very powerful.  Also remember that you need to make it through a targets soak before you can apply a critical effect.  However, a character that focused probably wouldn't be very competative in areas outside of doing that kind of damage.  And after that many sessions, they will probably have a reputation for "HuLK SmASH!"

Which means I'm going to show up in some sort of armored transport, if not setting some sort of explosive trap for him.

Assuming I was a nasty kind of "bad guy" who didn't care about the "rules" or being "fair".  Or the "collateral" losses that would incur.  Because we know the Black Sun and the Empire are squeemish about hurting innoscents.

:blink:  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... and carnivorous banthas ate the shop owner.

Dude where have you been. This and your name show a needed sense of humor here.