Sign in to follow this  
TRamsey

Gozanti Cruiser

From what information I could gather the cruiser is quite slow, but very well armored and has decent shields making her a hard nut to crack for pirates. I will have to design a suitable base and stat cards for this one but that should not be hard. I already have an idea that I will make the movement dials out of hardened balsa wood and paper with a heavy coat of varnish. that should be a good medium for the project. 

As far as casting these, I will d not endeavor to break copyright laws; it is just not worth it. However the cruiser is a very handsome ship and I hope FFG takes notice of my build and develops one for the game. it has nice curves and would be easy to replicate.

My hat is off to you, my good sir.  This is an amazing ship and doing two of them at the same time is even more amazing.  And to be honest, I would like to see FFG come out with other factions like Pirates, Hutts, Black Sun, and others.

I basically used 2d drawings as my templates the build materials are standard styrene card stock and rod. I also used a punch and die set,hole punches, exacto knife set, micro drill bits. A square, compass,calculator for scaling. Various sanding sticks,squadron white putty. I tried to include pictures of all the tools if you look closely at the progress shots.

Edited by TRamsey

The falcon is all by hand using oils thinned with white spirits to give the streaking using burnt umber oil paint. The black markings are Tamiya weathering set. The Shuttle was done the same with Subtle grey shadows completed with an Airbrush and masks to give a slight  gradient effect to the white paint. Very simple but I think it makes it look better overall.