Sign in to follow this  
TRamsey

Gozanti Cruiser

9503810973_09a2db73dd_b.jpg

Patterns for escape pods cut.  Solid Circles are from a three hole punch. tubes were cut using pipe cutter with pencil inserted for stability. 

Edited by TRamsey

Finally back on track with build. On a side note I am certainly glad I did not go with the initial plan of building two blockade runners. Thank you FFG for saving me the task of scratch-building them. :) 

great work and I'm looking forward to further updates. I've got a question. Could you list the tools you are using for the project? I've scracth built model railroad cars and buildings for years but have never tried something like this. I especially wnat to know how you create small circles pieces? small circular pieces are my bane at this point.

To answer the question of how I cut circles into plastic card stock. Basically I use a waldron punch and die set, standard hole punches of various sizes that I found at a craft store. Also I have a old army three hole punch that gives me a odd size i use quite a bit. for cutting plastic tube I use a standard pipe cutter, I reenforce the smaller tubes with whatever will fit in the tube for support while cutting. I also use an exacto circle cutter for the larger circles. hope that helps. Cheers! ;)