Sign in to follow this  
dungerotis69

Anyone in the L.A. Area interested in a game tonight?

Is anyone interested in a game tonight? I have been jonesing to play, but I have trouble finding players, especially because this is Comicon weekend.

We would meet at Emerald Knights in Burbank around 7:30. Any takers?

An LA brat who once was very active in this forum (actually, he's the strongest AH player ever existed). He had this idea in mind, of creating an LA Arkham gaming group devoted to advanced strategic play. I guess he managed to get in contact with another forumite, but I don't know if they ever really met

Avi used to play in the big leagues and lived in the vicinity. Then he disappeared - but his spectral presence still lurks here. Prevailing wisdom is that he no longer plays. I think he was Taken by the Dark Man. Regardless, his spectral presence still lurks, and is especially fond of haunting the fan creations forum pages here.

My bat like ears detect a designation of "brat," but my eyes also appreciate the attached encomium.

Oh wait, but actually.  The quick story of why the Arkham Horror group in LA never happened.  Basically I agreed to invite one person (along with a couple others).  That one person I agreed to invite was a pain to schedule.  So instead of doing what would have been, in retrospect, reasonable, booting him from the group, I just let the project fall apart.  Oh well.

Perhaps I'll try making a once every 3 or 4 week group.  But it'd have to be on weeknights.  Dungerotis, what is your Arkham skill level?  How many years have you been playing?  Do you play it as an RPG or a strategy game?  I may never read this thread again, so PM me if interested ;') Anyone else in LA who's interested, send me a message.

Also, dj, I hear you might try the Fan Creation League :') you should, it'll give you a good challenge.  Also, hello professor, I hope you've been well.  I have been hanging out with Waldo, Elvis, and King Arthur.

Back to slumber I go.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

Edited by Avi_dreader

ha! Lured him out, and now he has taken Carcosan form as well ;) Yes Avi I will be taking the challenge, and posting results when able. Am in the process of arranging it now. I had actually seen the league and was planning to dive in back when you started it, then the fans clogged.

ha! Lured him out, and now he has taken Carcosan form as well ;) Yes Avi I will be taking the challenge, and posting results when able. Am in the process of arranging it now. I had actually seen the league and was planning to dive in back when you started it, then the fans clogged.

I'll pop back every so often to check on your progress ;') or failure and surrender.  Sorry if I sound even more pessimistic than I am, but I think Julia's the only person to get past scenario 2 of 24? ::Laughter:: Actually, that was sort of the speed bump scenario (where players can test their ability to proceed through the rest instead of getting bogged down in hundreds of hours of failures).  And it's pretty **** hard.  I beat it on my first try (after two failures of that scenario design in playtesting— it was causing the AO to wake up extremely fast)...  Baaaarely. I still remember that as one of the most unpleasant games of Arkham I've had.

Edited by Avi_dreader

I'll pop back every so often to check on your progress ;') or failure and surrender.  Sorry if I sound even more pessimistic than I am, but I think Julia's the only person to get past scenario 2 of 24? ::Laughter:: Actually, that was sort of the speed bump scenario (where players can test their ability to proceed through the rest instead of getting bogged down in hundreds of hours of failures).  And it's pretty **** hard.  I beat it on my first try (after two failures of that scenario design in playtesting— it was causing the AO to wake up extremely fast)...  Baaaarely. I still remember that as one of the most unpleasant games of Arkham I've had.

Julia's the only one who actually played this beyond Scenario 5. I think Schmiegel passed the first four (after something like 20-25 tries): he was a great fighter, but playing with Lurker gates killed him almost immediately.

Julia's the only one who actually played this beyond Scenario 5. I think Schmiegel passed the first four (after something like 20-25 tries): he was a great fighter, but playing with Lurker gates killed him almost immediately.

Ha...  IIRC, he skipped scenarios after trying them multiple times.  I don't think he actually ever beat scenario two, did he?

P.S. Third person, nice ;') henceforth you shall be known (by me to me) as Julius Caesar.

Edited by Avi_dreader

Avi, it's great to see you...er, hear from you!  If I do get out to LA for work, I'll certainly let you know.  Julia passed along the Scenario material and I'll probably give it a go, once I've completed my current circuit of activity playing through all of the GOOs and all of the Investigators with all of the expansions.  Right now, however, I'm on Level 5 of Rosetta Stone for Russian which I'm taking as an elective for my Air War College course (Last summer, I received my promotion to Lieutenant Colonel in the Air Force).

Ha...  IIRC, he skipped scenarios after trying them multiple times.  I don't think he actually ever beat scenario two, did he?

P.S. Third person, nice ;') henceforth you shall be known (by me to me) as Julius Caesar.

Thanks for changing my se without playing Broken Sextant

RIght, he skipped the Glaaki one, but maybe passed another one... dunno, should check back in the thread :)

hmmm....so am I right in understanding that only Julia has yet completed the entire league?

You're totally right :) And I won with almost a perfect score (all Scenarios were passed on the first try, but one - the Glaaki one in the first segment), so, I guess, it's doable :)

hmmm....so am I right in understanding that only Julia has yet completed the entire league?

Yes.  And no one has played the hard mode.  I didn't bother to release it (I'd have to design the last scenario more carefully).  I have 23 of the scenarios designed for higher difficulty levels IIRC :'D Only for the truest of Arkhamasochists.

Edited by Avi_dreader