Sign in to follow this  
Drop Bear

Making New Grunts!

I'm working on some new "Troops" ATM one for each Faction, I've got some iders for the Union "Commando Fox" a cloase quaters fighter with "Keep Moving and a Trench Gun as his standrd weapon in his Combat Pack he has a Combat Knife and a Grenade, for the Stamna Pack a BG-42 Vest and Smoke Grenade or an other Movment ability.

For the Reich the "Panzerfaust" that's right a Nuter armed with a Re-loadable Panzerfaust that can Auto Kill on uncounterd  "10's" and creates "2" debries counters, don't know what to do with his other equipment prehaps a "P-08" is a good place to start.

And lastly for the Matriachy the "Soldat" a guy with a Mosin-Nagant, for his Combat Pach he has two abilities he can choise to take "Careful Aim" and Auto Kill on uncounterd "10's" but gives up his Move and Counter Attack options and "Rapid Reload" where he can fire twice but also gives up his Move and Counter Attack options, for the last thing perhaps a Bayonet, for his Stamna Pack the Rifle again "For Mother Russia!" where he can act as if he was unwounded if he has alerdy taken Damage, this ability costs a VP or the Soldat takes an other point of damage, don't know what to do for the rest od the Stamna Pack.

now to find appropate Minies.

what dose every one think?

Dho! trust me for trusting a guy that served on the German Divide in the 80's, he called Comie Grunts Soldats and he said his opesert number through most of his Tour where Russians.

Tavarish Dose that most derectialy translate as Solidger, Trooper or somthing else? as I was going to come up with a 2nd Ruski Grunt and use the translasion of Trooper for his name.

Bugger It, I've dicided to make "Commando Fox" a Girl (yes the First Girl Trooper), give her Long Red Hair and an Attitude. Stats are pre determaned with

5/5/3/7

5/4/3/6

4/4/4/5

Skills: Hand-to-Hand Combat

Special Object: Keep Moving

Combat Pack: Trench Gun, Combat Knife, Mk-II A1.

Stamina Pack: Trench Gun, BG-42 Vest, Smoke Grenade.

Commando Fox is the daughter of a East Coast City Cop who grew up in a rough neigbourhood, where she had to learn to look after herself at an early age, geting in to trouble at home she was sent to live with her mothers family out in the country, hear she got in to still more trouble and learnt to Shoot Guns, when her couson returned from the War as a wounded Veteran Commandow Fox joined up herself, she didn't fit in with the WACS in the secetrial pool and was shuffled off to working an Enlisted & NCO's Club. It was hear she broke Commando Hotel's jaw when he got a little grabby, the next arfternoon wile siting in the Stocade she was recruted into the 42nd by Cpt. MacNeal himself. Commando Fox & Corporal Aponi's "Girls Night's Out" have become Horror storiesamoung the MP's near where they are stationed.

Why not go with a matriarchy soldier based on this picture?

http://www.tannhauser-thegame.com/databank/Image/image%20de%20la%20semaine/033b.jpg 

Due to his gas mask he only gets a -1 penalty for smoke grenades.

He has a flamethrower that doesn't fire more than 3 squares far and does 1 automatic wound.

When killed his Gas Tank explodes leaving one debris token and giving 1 automatic wound to anyone that is adjacent to him.

That would be a lil bit of my input. But ofc you are welcome to make your own stuff.

Hmm it seems like I will make him my special lil project. Now to find a good miniature to look alike and mash up a lil. Made a really sloppy colouring of the pic in question already tho: 033bcopy.jpg

Drop Bear said:

Bugger It, I've dicided to make "Commando Fox" a Girl (yes the First Girl Trooper), give her Long Red Hair and an Attitude.

Commando Foxy? :D

I agree that the Union needs a melee fitghter but whyduplicating the existing weapons/equipment?

Give her a police baton (a h-t-h weapon with no +1 success but it might allow her to block enemy hits better (a penalty of -1 to hit her or something).

Why the Vest again? A police shield (that saves in combat?)

Why more smoke granades? (medi-kit, peper-spray (a weapon that if it hits then the enemy would not suffer a damage but instead have his stats decreased by -1 row (like beign wounded) and would suffer some other kind of disadventage (action or move but not both - if wasn't activated this turn).

Bah. Too many ideas. Don't mind me. Like new stuff instead of copies :)

Why use existing Tokens? it's the KISS principle. the Tokens alredy cooked up by ToY are playtested, we know they work.

I'm going to get a littkle more adventrous with Tavarish and the Panzerfaust, for the Tavarish I'm going to have to come up with a whole new class of weapon, since their's no rules for Long-arms in the game yet. as for the Panzerfaust (the Weapon not the Character) I'm going to have to make suere it's a Troop quality weapon and not a Hero Grade Special Item.

Commando Fox is just a test to see If I've got what it takes to cerate a balanced Tannhauser character.

An other reason I went simple with the first one is I also want to try out creating "Bonous Tokens" and by keeping it Simple first time around I can get fancy with the Bonous Token without unbalancing the character.

Drop Bear said:

Why use existing Tokens? it's the KISS principle. the Tokens alredy cooked up by ToY are playtested, we know they work.

I couldn't agree more, using existing tokens is a good way to balance your character. You don't need to rewrite the rules with every item.

Existing tokens are also great guides for new mechanics. For example, If you look closely at the custom character Ikarus Faith, his two part poison is basically a HtH version of the Meteop.

Drop Bear said:

I can see the point in that but still.... that ain't making a new tropper just mixing two/three existing ones into a new one without the flaws of the older versions. As I wrote. I like new stuff :) But still mate. KEEP GOING! <thumbs up>

Ok moving on to the Russians

Tavarish

5/5/4/6

5/4/4/5

4/4/4/5

Factions: Matriarchy, Phantom Division

Skills: Hand to Hand Combat

Special Object: Mosin-Nagant (see Token Description)

Combat Pack: F1, "Careful Aim", "Rapid Reload"

Stamina Pack: "For Mother Russia", Survival Medal, Heroes of Tchour

The Steel Major's Phantom Division, particularity his own Phantom Squad, are among some of the finest Troops in the Matriarchy Armed Services, all Veterans and Volunteers they go on to receive the best training the Matriarchy can provide as well as the best available equipment (what of it their is) in the general Matriarchy inventory. A select few from Phantom Squad even accompany Major Volkov on his special missions from time to time.

Mercenary, Tavarish from the Phantom Division may be used by Non-Matriachy teams as Troops selections provided they can secuere the services of Gorgei Volkov.

Tokens:

Mosin-Nagant:  Type: Rifle. Thanks to the high powered Rifle Cartridge used the Mosin-Nagant provides a 1-Point Bonus to the Combat Value of it's firer.

Careful Aim: by forfeiting their Movement and Counter attack option till their next turn Tavarish can shoot with dedaly accuaracy, if the Tavarish roll atleast one Natral "10" on their Combat Roll and their target dose not roll at least one Natral 10 on their Shock Roll the target is killed instntaly.

Rapid Reload: by forfeiting their Movement and Counter attack option till their next turn Tavarish can shoot Rifle type weapons at a frighting rate, shooting the same target twice at their current Combat Value or two targets on the same Path, the first with their current Combat Value and the second with their lowest Combat Value, the Target choice must be made before any dice are rolled.

For Mother Russia: the Tavarish can act as if he was unwounded if he has already taken Damage, this ability costs a VP or the Tavarish takes an other point of damage.

How about The Order of Alexander Nevsky rather than survival medal.

It was used in the 1700s to the early 1800s Peter the Great the original planner of the medal died before he could issue one of them, but his wife had issued them to soldiers, and I believe became the first woman in Russian to decorate any soldier with an military honor.

And being a matriarchy... happy.gif

In part I was leaving that to the PTB's at ToY, as it seams a likily Bonous Token name, and you made me relise I forgot to give you all the "Survival Medal" rules

Survival Medal: the Holder of a Survival Medal rolls an additional dice on their first shock roll of the Scenario.

OK! working on the Panzerfaust (Weapon) and can't dicide fi to make it a Heavy Weapon with Grenade Effects, or a Grenade Weapon with three Ammo counters and alowing "Extra Ammo" Crate Tokens to work as an extra shot?

Hey all, my normal Gameing line up is kind of messed up ATM, this has given me a chance to do some work on stuff I've bean warehousing, like my NC Troops Pack for Tannhauser.

I hope to have somthing solid up in the next week.

Wile I'm at it, I'm working on an other Trooper for each faction, they are Commando Hotell, a Union Gun-fighter, a Blutsturm Enforcer for the Reich and a "Coil Trooper" for the Russians.

Ok the first bit of the Panzerfaust

Panzerfaust

5/5/4/7
5/4/4/6
4/4/3/5

Skills: Hand-to-Hand Combat, Athletics, Weaponary
Special Object: Panzerfaust & 3 Ammo Tokens

Combat Pack: Luger P-08, Extra Ammo, Combat Knife
Stamina Pack: Luger P-08, First Aid Kit

As you can see it's not yet compleate, looking for the last Item for the Stamna Pack, I'm going with a Limited shot Hevy Weapon for the Panzerfaust, where you can trade Extra Ammo Tokens for more Shots.

Your Panzerfaust unit would be more suitable for Field Ops as the Panzerfaust weapon is an anti-tank rocket launcher therefore more adapted to fight vehicles than infantry.

In Tannhäuser, characters use mainly close combat weapons as well as anti-infantry kits.

Concerning your Fox (Fox standing for Foxtrot ?) Commando, i'd gladly see a troop with the trenchgun as a standard issue gui%C3%B1o.gif

Panzerfaust is part of the Obscura Corps, Just incase they soummom something uncoprative that's to big to be put down with SMG fire, and now "Ze' Alies" have their Fancy Vests well he can deal with them too demonio.gif

Also in the first half of the 20th century a lot of phonetic alphabets, especially American ones used Fox for "F" and Easy for "E" instead of the modern standardised Foxtrot and Echo.

Drop Bear said:

Ok the first bit of the Panzerfaust

Panzerfaust

5/5/4/7
5/4/4/6
4/4/3/5

Skills: Hand-to-Hand Combat, Athletics, Weaponary
Special Object: Panzerfaust & 3 Ammo Tokens

Combat Pack: Luger P-08, Extra Ammo, Combat Knife
Stamina Pack: Luger P-08, First Aid Kit

As you can see it's not yet compleate, looking for the last Item for the Stamna Pack, I'm going with a Limited shot Hevy Weapon for the Panzerfaust, where you can trade Extra Ammo Tokens for more Shots.

An idea for the panzerfaust is that you can blow open doors and/or create a debris token when you fire at a target with a -1 bonus to movement.

Panzerfaust were primarily used against armor (obviously) and stationary positions such as Machine gun nests.

So maybe a penalty to the PF weapon when fireing on a unit that has move this turn.

I'm now a bit concerned about using the name Panzerfaust for the Trooper and the Weapon as one of my group pointed out that it may cause confusion, but the name is so cool.

It may be anecdotal but I've herd it told by Tommies, Diggers and GI's that towards wars end when Germany was just handing out Panzerfaust to their Conscripts that in close quarters fighting, especially indoors the Conscripts would shoot their Panzerfaust at Allied Infantry with a moderate degree of success.

ATM I'm going with the Panzerfaust (weapon) being a Heavy Weapon with area affect that can also be targeted at an empty space like a Grenade, in either case the weapon forms a "2" debris marker, but is limited to 3 shots unless you use Extra Ammo Tokens.

still looking for the last item for the Stamna Pack and thinking of changing the Pistol to a Wallther P-38 in both packs.