Sign in to follow this  
dirtybacon

What order for pre-fab adventures

So, I have the beginner's book, the GM screen, the adventure at the back of the core rulebook, the adventure from the beta, the Black Suns free RPG day adventure, and the long arm of the hutt...

Anyone have a good plan on what order these could be played?

Also, How do I know what adventures go with what levels?

I'm guessing to go beginner box, then long arm, then GM screen, then mix the others, but if anyone has suggestions I'd be happy to hear them!

Me and another forumite is working on a tie-together of these adventures, but the order in which you play them doesn't really matter, except for the two beginner games adventures, as they are tied together. It depends how you want to do it and who you want as recurring villains and so on.

Threat levels in this game system are easy to adjust on the fly (Adversary talents, etc), and are not prone to the disgusting runaway train of power increase that d20 has (no more sneaking 7 levels of Soldier onto your storm troopers just so that they can survive a single round).  You don't need to worry that your gangster goon NPCs aren't all Nemesis level threats, or that they don't have 400xp of advancements.  Characters DO get more powerful, but a swoop bike gang at 0xp and a swoop bike gang at 540xp are still able to put a dent in an otherwise scummy day in the underworld.  You may just use less (or more) minions as the PCs advance, and maybe they do have a nemesis (derived from Obligation or in-play perhaps) facing them down, once they have the sand for it.  Luckily all of that stuff can be prepped before the session instead of planned for months in advance.

So, it really does boil down to what order you think makes for the most fun.  The really cool bit is that after you play them through once, you could shake up a few NPCs, file off a few encounters, pop in a few substitute planets and recombine the adventures for an entirely new experience.

Threat levels in this game system are easy to adjust on the fly (Adversary talents, etc), and are not prone to the disgusting runaway train of power increase that d20 has (no more sneaking 7 levels of Soldier onto your storm troopers just so that they can survive a single round).  You don't need to worry that your gangster goon NPCs aren't all Nemesis level threats, or that they don't have 400xp of advancements.  Characters DO get more powerful, but a swoop bike gang at 0xp and a swoop bike gang at 540xp are still able to put a dent in an otherwise scummy day in the underworld.  You may just use less (or more) minions as the PCs advance, and maybe they do have a nemesis (derived from Obligation or in-play perhaps) facing them down, once they have the sand for it.  Luckily all of that stuff can be prepped before the session instead of planned for months in advance.

So, it really does boil down to what order you think makes for the most fun.  The really cool bit is that after you play them through once, you could shake up a few NPCs, file off a few encounters, pop in a few substitute planets and recombine the adventures for an entirely new experience.

Your talent trees look absolutely awesome. Requested Access ;-)

But just curious. Why do only some talents list a page number?

But they are great. I assume the small boxes in some of them are meant for marking ranks. Great idea.

Thanks for the great reply! I'm new to GM'ing, and so I'm a little nervous and trying to prepare. I have a feeling it might be more then a month until I finally get to run these adventures, so I want to start thinking about all of this.

Making a new experience out of existing material seems weird to me - wouldn't all the secrets be known already? - but I'll have to look into this deeper. I still have a lot of reading to do so it might become clearer to me as I get deeper into the rules.

Making a new experience out of existing material seems weird to me - wouldn't all the secrets be known already?

At face value, yeah it's a bit weird.  But you'd be amazed at how turning a couple minor plot threads on their heads and changing names will go toward repurposing adventure content.  Besides, your players are going to blow anything written or prepared out of the water anyway.  Then again, I usually don't re-use stuff until a bit of real time has gone by, and wouldn't recommend it for the same characters.  It would be really hard to run a cohesive campaign with the end being the beginning again :-).  I was thinking more along the lines of being able to re-use the published content with multiple groups or dusting them off at some point and having another go at a different combination of adventures.