Sign in to follow this  
Turpin

Crazy awesome weapons your party/team uses

I believe the reference to 'only one can be fired single shot', was meant as 'only one can be used in a single firing action', you cannot use a telescopic sight and a targeter or a red-dot laser sight in the same action.

The rules about one scope at a time do exist, so does the rule about one shot at a time.

But non of these apply in this particular case.

The ''Only single shot'' rule is about red dots scope and is why I took a telescopic scope instead. 

Also, the targeter aint no scope. Its ''an increase in the machine spirit'' . It uses cogitators and the like to help you shoot in the right direction. Its not a scope so the ''one scope'' rule doesnt apply.

@SlimeTheGreat

I am really confused about what you mean, there is no "one scope" rule as far as I know, if there is, please tell me which page it is.

You -might- be meaning the "one sight" per weapon, which is in page 142 of the main rulebook. As far as one shot at a time, the only thing that comes to mind, is that you might mean that when you take an aim action, either full or half, it only applies to the next shot fired, however if your next shot happens to be on full auto or using a dual-shot talent, it applies, because you are basically making one roll.

SlimeTheGreat said:

Also, the targeter aint no scope. Its ''an increase in the machine spirit'' . It uses cogitators and the like to help you shoot in the right direction. Its not a scope so the ''one scope'' rule doesnt apply.

'A targeter uses a variety of guidance cogitators and omni-sights to improve accuracy.'

What are omni-sights if not a scope?

Well my understanding of english isnt perfect but  I assumed:

Omni = Omnissiah 
Sight = Sight

So Vision of the machine god,  Eye  of the machine 

Cameras?
Cause if there aint no cameras the guidance cogitator doesnt even know what the hell you are trying to shoot at(unless there is ''a radar on your gun'' advance I missed). But its no scope or they would say : ''The targeter count as a scope and blah blah blah'' in the upgrade section like they do with the actual scopes.

As for the ''One scope'' rule I did mean the ''You can have one scope per weapon'' rule

And for the ''On shot'' rule I meant to say the ''Single shot'' rule that's in the description of the laser dot and states that you only get the benefits on a single shot. 

So IMO non of these rules prevent me from having a telescope AND a targeter on the same gun as long as its a gun which allow both these advances (and, beign a basic Solid Projectile weapon, the Spectre can).

In my group the guardsmen carries a red-dot and a telescopic scope and switches between them depending on the situation (on his autogun) and I declared a half action in combat to switch them out (sence in RL it takes about less than a minute to take off a scope)

SlimeTheGreat said:

Well my understanding of english isnt perfect but  I assumed:

Omni = Omnissiah 
Sight = Sight

So Vision of the machine god,  Eye  of the machine 

Cameras?
Cause if there aint no cameras the guidance cogitator doesnt even know what the hell you are trying to shoot at(unless there is ''a radar on your gun'' advance I missed). But its no scope or they would say : ''The targeter count as a scope and blah blah blah'' in the upgrade section like they do with the actual scopes.

As for the ''One scope'' rule I did mean the ''You can have one scope per weapon'' rule

And for the ''On shot'' rule I meant to say the ''Single shot'' rule that's in the description of the laser dot and states that you only get the benefits on a single shot. 

So IMO non of these rules prevent me from having a telescope AND a targeter on the same gun as long as its a gun which allow both these advances (and, beign a basic Solid Projectile weapon, the Spectre can).

You're close.

Omni = all inclusive or all encompassing

Sight = er, sight.

Omnisight = all inclusive or all seeing sight.

Now, if it's an all inclusive sight, then it wouldn't have to mention that it includes a scope -interpreting it that way, it's all inclusive after all. ;-)

@SlimeTheGreat

Ah okey cool, that actually makes sense, I disagree, but it makes sense.

Far as I am concerned since these are rules, and it is not mentioned that it is a -sight- which is the term the rules use. Ruleswise unless you want interpret the rules you can have a targeter and a red-dot laser sight or a telescopic sight. Just to be clear: "A red-dot laser sight/telescopic sight counts as a sight and a gun can only have one sight." that is what it says in both those equipment, nothing like that in targeter.

The single shots only rule for Red-dot laser sight is ofcourse correct.

OK our Tech Preist is Dead, the player is replacing him with an Ambidextrous Hive Noble Scum, He want's to do paired Hand Canons with Red Dot Sights and (Mono)Melle Atachments (one loaded with Dum Dums the other with Man Stoper), We all think it will look Freaking Cool to have a pair of Big Assed Magnum Revolvers with Blades that poke a few inches infrount of the Mussle and lead down to the Trigger Guard, But the Rules don't alow for it corazon_roto.gif

Drop Bear said:

OK our Tech Preist is Dead, the player is replacing him with an Ambidextrous Hive Noble Scum, He want's to do paired Hand Canons with Red Dot Sights and (Mono)Melle Atachments (one loaded with Dum Dums the other with Man Stoper), We all think it will look Freaking Cool to have a pair of Big Assed Magnum Revolvers with Blades that poke a few inches infrount of the Mussle and lead down to the Trigger Guard, But the Rules don't alow for it corazon_roto.gif

So? You're the GM. The players want it, you want it, what's the hold up? It's not like melee attachments on a pistol of all things (which can actually be shot in melee combat as opposed to being used as a club) is in any way shape or form game breaking so go for it! After all, the 40k universe is pretty much fueled by the rule of cool.  Don't fight the cool... don't fight it...

Well he's making the Character up as the rest of us play, (on a Meal Brake ATM so He's buging me wile I post this) and he ain't going to have the Cash for this for a wile, Becides this is like the 2nd adventuere, where only working out of the Core Book and I don't want to mess with things to much till we work the Kinks out.