Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bogi_khaosa

Interest in Play-by-Post?

43 posts in this topic

If its still possible I would like to play this as well. I have All the books necessary saved to my computer and my preferred Chapter is Blood Angels while playing as an assault marine tho i can fill any other role if its needed. Im in the US Central time-zone.

Edited by ZeroMercy13

If its still possible I would like to play this as well. I have All the books necessary saved to my computer and my preferred Chapter is Blood Angels while playing as an assault marine tho i can fill any other role if its needed. Im in the US Central time-zone.

I just sent you a PM; let me know if it works.

It's play-by-post, so time zone isn't relevant.

I think one of my players has dropped out -- if this is so, would anybody like to take over the character (a BA AM)? The game has just started and the character hasn't had any development yet, so it it would be easy to get up to speed and put your own interpretation on him.

Come to think of it, since he basically hasn't done anything except charge with his jump pack once, you could make a whole new character as long as it's an assault marine.

Edited by bogi_khaosa

Interested in having a starter Wolf Scout?  Already created and kitted out for a game on Roll20 which is fizzling out.  I can send you Character sheet, background and a cheat sheet I made with my modifiers and bonuses.

Interested in having a starter Wolf Scout?  Already created and kitted out for a game on Roll20 which is fizzling out.  I can send you Character sheet, background and a cheat sheet I made with my modifiers and bonuses.

Well it has to be an assault marine, because the actions the character has made in the game so far are jumping around  with a jump pack and hacking a couple of times with a chainsword.

Because of my Agility Bonus I max out the movement distances in the Table, but that's okay.  I'll pass.

Actually you know it might work. We could simply do a little timey-wimey stuff and say that the character ran rather than jumped and hit with his combat knife rather than a chainsword.

Exceot that lack of power armour would mean he would have taken a lot more damage. Hmmm.

Edited by bogi_khaosa

Mk VI “Corvus” Pattern:  Auto Senses +15 Awareness, Enhanced Strength +20, 170kg; Wearer gains a +10 Bonus to Agility (pg 150 Rites of Battle)

Movement (Meters): (pg 27 Core Rule Book, Table 1-3) Half=10, Full= 20, Charge= 30, Run= 60

Death is Joy:  +2 Damage to Crit; increases Damage to Horde’s Magnitude +1 with any successful attack vs Horde

Wolf Pelt:  +2 to Intimidate (*1) Tests

*1 – Intimidate (pg 99 Core Rule Book): “…character may substitute Intelligence or Fellowship if the threat involves more subtle methods than brute force, such as blackmail or humiliation.  Intimidate test affects a number of targets equal to the character’s Strength, Intelligence, or Fellowship Bonus, depending on the characteristic used for the test.  Targets must be able to see and hear the character clearly…”

Again, I'll pass.

DW offers Scouts the option of taking Astartes Power Armor or Scout Armor prior to deploying on mission, basically they have sets to choose from depending on the mission.  I rolled this up for the character I created.  Sorry, your inflexibility lends me to believe the game is too rigidly scripted.  Without some flexibility to adapt to die rolls, character actions and mission parameters....the odds are are stacked too high against the players, IMO.

Oh I see. The issue is that the game is already in progress, the character would be replacing a character that has already performed several (but not many) actions, and therefore a replacement would have to be capable of performing those actions in order to be inserted into the narrative (it would simply be  Brother Bob instead of Brother Ralph who had done this). One of those actions is using a jump pack; hence the AM requirement.

I'd be interested. I haven't played in a PbP before but if times aren't an issue then I'd be keen. I can never get a real FtF going because Noone near me plays. Could i switch the DA AM to a Black Templar AM? Roll Tide!!!!

I'd be interested. I haven't played in a PbP before but if times aren't an issue then I'd be keen. I can never get a real FtF going because Noone near me plays. Could i switch the DA AM to a Black Templar AM? Roll Tide!!!!

Bogi has a One marine per chapter rule in place, and the Black Templar is our Apoc currently :)

Our cast is currently:

Borther Tobias - Blood Angel assault marine (This character needed a replacement player)
Apothecary Siegfried - Black Templar
Tech-Marine Kadai - Salamander
Vanos Imperial Fists Devastator
Librarian Nemiel - Angels of Redemption

Brother Torm - Tactical Ultramarine.

Ahh bugger. OK well I only have the main rule book and Mark of the Xenos so I don't have the rules for any of the other chapters. Do you have a Space Wolf in the lineup?

Ahh bugger. OK well I only have the main rule book and Mark of the Xenos so I don't have the rules for any of the other chapters. Do you have a Space Wolf in the lineup?

A Space Wolf is one that we do not have.

Take a look at the game (http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=56473&date=1375481838

) and read (skim) the character sheets and "Onboard..." thread. And send me a request to join if interested. Note that we're using to some extent OW/BC combat modifiers (see the rules thread).

The character you would be replacing is Tobias.

But you'd have to come in pretty fast since the game is in progress and pretty soon I don't think Tobias will be believably replaceable.