Sign in to follow this  
Callidon

So, you've had a week...WEG Adventure Conversions?

Has anyone got anything going as yet?  I ran a few WEG adventures back during the Beta phase and pretty much converted on the fly.  It was easier to do than in d20 because I didn't have to keep tabs on sithspawned level progression.  But I didn't really do more than scribble as we went and jam a finger onto the page of NPCs that seemed more or less appropriate at the time.

I'd be willing to help out if anyone was feeling like digging into the old piles of adventures.  Heck I'd do it m'self but I don't have near the time these days and I'm affraid we'd all die of old age before I churned anything out solo. 

Beyond nostalgia, there are some really good old adventures that deserve to have the dust blown off and spruced up a bit.  Tatooine Manhunt (Bounty hunters and runaway rebel generals), Riders of the Maelstrom (space pirates and cruise ships), Scavenger Hunt (first appearance of the Squibbs in the EU and a space-dig through the ruins of the 1st Death Star), Murder in the Undercity (Mon Cal vs Quarren + entanglements), and The Isis Coordinates (Save the rebel shipyard world of Isis...by boarding a Star Destroyer, reprogramming its astrogation computer and sending it into a star).

To be honest I don't think they really need adaptions. I ran one of the bounties from No Disintergrations and just applied the stat block I wanted for any given bad guy, the rest is description and flavour.

To be honest I don't think they really need adaptions. I ran one of the bounties from No Disintergrations and just applied the stat block I wanted for any given bad guy, the rest is description and flavour.

That's sort of what I found as I ran some of the old WEG stuff.  Maybe we could just report back in and suggest some of the tweaks or modifications that we've made to have the adventure run smoother under this rule-set.

I've been running old WEG adventures - heck even the first book of the DarkStryder campaign - largely just converting on the fly. The only prepared conversion work I've done was for the ships that don't (or at least didn't, as of the Beta) have stats.

GM Dan over on the d20radio forums posted this WEG to EotE calculator:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18002996/WEG-to-EotE%20Calculator_v1-00.xlsx

Works great for converting characters/NPCs

Yancy

Wow! I cannot wait to try this out.

It seriously dawned on me however while creating conversions... how different is this thug from a rival example listed in the book? Not much.

So I just grab something that is close from the Advisaries in the book... raname it to its applicable race... Done. It is is rival or Nemsis, might change a couple things slightly. I have done this to about 3 or 4 old mini adventures while testing.

In May I will be taking some friends through "Riders of the Maelstrom" [WEG circa 1989], I bought the module off Amazon.

I'll have a Mix of Rebels (4 AoR chars.) and Rouges (2 EotE chars.)

All players are new to this system or to any system for a couple of 'em.

I've been busy reading the adventure and conjuring the what ifs of the game play.

As a first time GM but long time Star Wars fan I am excited about the narrative Dice system especially with players who are unlikely to come to the table with too many preconceived notions of RPG play.

Any advice would be appreciated otherwise wish me luck.

Peace...

-M!

I've been running WEG scenarios from the Adventure Hooks of Platts Star Port/Smugglers guide for my players.

We've run 9 sessions, we started Stranded at Darknon Station, treaveled to Gelgelar to get shipwright work done and have since traveled back and forth from several of the other shadow ports

I'm going to run a few sessions using the materials from the MOS EISLEY Box set- and bridge into the FFG stuff
BUT

the WEG Material is so well supported with cross refrenced fluff and wikipedia articles!
The stats are easy to read into and derive appropriate FFG conversions

My issue is, my players are a bit gun hungry- and there is a distinct hamper in traslation from ALL the WEG weapon and tech to FFG standards- it's a small hurdle

I've been using WEG supplements at my table since I began playing EotE, mainly resources like the Platt's Guides. In fact, my party just got to the Tapani sector last game (a personal favourite of mine), and there really isn't much to conversions when you put your mind to it.

Basically, the plot carries over, hands down.

The difficulties are already given narrative names, so you could just as easily find an adjective in Edge that fits. I mean, you have 6 difficulty levels from classic vs the 6 in EotE: Very Easy is Simple, Easy is Easy, Moderate is Average, Difficult is Hard, Very Difficult is Daunting, and Heroic is Formidable.

Stat blocks for characters require a bit of work. but not nearly as much. A straight conversion may work about 75% of the time, while halving the totals may also work.

Talents are added as needed, but really aren't that hard to figure out. You just look at the skills and focus of the character and give it a few talents it'll need for your adventure.

Gear and ships are the hardest. I've been using WEG stuff for my ship conversions (i.e. see my signature), but after a while that really falls into place. Just compare a the TIE fighters and the YT-1300s and you'll get a pretty decent feel on things (note: this isn't always accurate as we see with the Starwind Pleasure Yacht, but it's another of those 75% of the time things).

My issue is, my players are a bit gun hungry- and there is a distinct hamper in traslation from ALL the WEG weapon and tech to FFG standards- it's a small hurdle

Two of my players love guns, and one of them has played all of the versions of the SWRPG in games I've run. Most items can clearly translate over as generics, but if you feel like it REALLY needs a few tweaks thanks to the fluff (like a weapon being unreliable but higher damage), that's pretty easy to write in as qualities. For example, the T-6 Heavy Blaster Pistol rivals most carbines, so it gets that power rating but perhaps we'll slap on a range shorter than most Heavy Blaster Pistols to balance it out. Done!