Sign in to follow this  
mwodom

Scanned version of talent trees?

Has anyone run across any scanned pdfs of the talent trees from the rulebook? I really want to include a copy in my character folio but I'm too afraid of hurting my book. I know there are a lot of good fan made ones out there but I'm being picky.

Yea, the pages are legal for personal use, but I'm not sure if that covers posting them officially online as they are in the book.  It would be really convenient if they did post them here, though, even if it was just the bare-bones descriptions they give in the actual talent pages.  

Yea, the pages are legal for personal use, but I'm not sure if that covers posting them officially online as they are in the book.  It would be really convenient if they did post them here, though, even if it was just the bare-bones descriptions they give in the actual talent pages.  

According to what they've said to the guys running the EotE Reddit page, no, posting them online doesn't count, and they have requested them to remove any such images/PDFs from the Reddit.

So apparently the answer is "no".

According to what they've said to the guys running the EotE Reddit page, no, posting them online doesn't count, and they have requested them to remove any such images/PDFs from the Reddit.

So apparently the answer is "no".

I'm wondering if that would also apply to recreations of the talent trees, such as the ones that gribble did back in the day for the Beta version.  They were an entirely different format, with the top half listing the trees and relevant career skills, and the lower half of the page giving a run-down of what the talents did.

I found said document to be a **** handy resource, so it'd be a shame if this same decision prevented gribble from providing an updated copy.

I'm wondering if that would also apply to recreations of the talent trees, such as the ones that gribble did back in the day for the Beta version.  They were an entirely different format, with the top half listing the trees and relevant career skills, and the lower half of the page giving a run-down of what the talents did.

I found said document to be a **** handy resource, so it'd be a shame if this same decision prevented gribble from providing an updated copy.

Shhhh.  Disney might hear.

As I'm just getting started on the updates, I'd like to know too... I guess I'll go ahead and do the work for my group anyway, but it'd be a shame if I couldn't share the work with others.

I'm going to presume that "Personal Use" means that I can print out copies of the talent sheets for my players to keep track of, since "my" book is essentially our entire group's book since I'm a really generous guy and I understand that everyone isn't gonna shell out for it.  It makes the game a lot more fun, easy, and streamlined to play like that, and that seems to be what FFG is all about with this system.  So I just won't post them online XD.

As I'm just getting started on the updates, I'd like to know too... I guess I'll go ahead and do the work for my group anyway, but it'd be a shame if I couldn't share the work with others.

Well, given no action was taken in regards to your Beta version, I'd say go ahead, especially since it's not a carbon-copy of the design used in the core rulebook.  Worse comes to worse, you'll be asked by FFG to take the file down.

Well, given no action was taken in regards to your Beta version, I'd say go ahead, especially since it's not a carbon-copy of the design used in the core rulebook.  Worse comes to worse, you'll be asked by FFG to take the file down.

That's my current plan.

:)

That's my current plan.

:)

Now we just need to kick that plan into hyperdrive! I've been waiting for your updates since I received my book on the 5th!

Thanks <3 hehe

Well, we're all part of "your group", right? ;)