Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fjw70

Force Questions

13 posts in this topic

I am looking through the force section and I think I get it all but just wanted to clarify a few things.

When you activate a force power you roll a number of force dice equal to your force rating and to generate force points. I assume these points need to be spent immediately and you lose any left at the end of your turn.

Also, one of the Control upgrades on the Influence power says you can roll an Influence Power check with certain skill checks. Does this mean you add your force dice to the dice pool when you make one of these specified skill checks?

Does this mean you add your force dice to the dice pool when you make one of these specified skill checks?

Yes. With LS and DS pips counting as addditional successes and failures respectively.

Does this mean you add your force dice to the dice pool when you make one of these specified skill checks?

Yes. With LS and DS pips counting as addditional successes and failures respectively.

Actually, you spend LS Force pips to add successes or advantages, user's choice. Of course, you can always take strain and flip some Destiny Points to use DS Force pips for success/advantage.

Dark Side pips are never failures for any roll.

-EF

Actually, you spend LS Force pips to add successes or advantages, user's choice. Of course, you can always take strain and flip some Destiny Points to use DS Force pips for success/advantage.

-EF

Right. Don't why I thought that.

Hi there,

is there anywhere written down how to increase force rating and what scope the rating could take - means e.g. what is a high rating or an average one.

Any ideas about this?

regards

I think the only way to increase your force rating is through the force sensitive exile tree. This gives you a max force rating of 2 in EotE. From everything that is coming out about AotR and FaD it sounds like the force abilities will be expanded and allow a force rating of 4 in AotR and probably max out at 6 in FaD. In the long run though, I am just taking what I am hearing and guessing.

Thanks for answering that quickly :)

that is about what I had thought of, too - quite similar to the scope of attributes.

Hi there,

is there anywhere written down how to increase force rating and what scope the rating could take - means e.g. what is a high rating or an average one.

Any ideas about this?

regards

Page 277, Force Sensitive Exile talent tree, bottom row, second from the left. The Force Rating talent increases your Force Rating by +1.

It's just like the Dedication talent, but for Force Ratings.

[RANT]

And before anyone asks, no, FORCE RATING IS NOT A CHARACTERISTIC.

All characteristics are listed on pages 1-16, and Force Rating is not one of them.

[/rant]

Sorry about that, but during the beta there were people who were swearing that Force Rating is a characteristic, so they could take FSE at chargen and pump all their XP into raising it.

-EF

Sorry about that, but during the beta there were people who were swearing that Force Rating is a characteristic, so they could take FSE at chargen and pump all their XP into raising it.

Don't feel bad, jawas will be jawas, ewoks will be ewoks, and munchkins will be munchkins.

Thank you for finding it.  I suspected there had to be a way to raise it past one, but I couldn't locate it.

EldritchFire and Jegergryte like this

-EF

Right. Don't why I thought that.

You weren't too far off.  That effect is in fact the Influence power upgrade.  But there's a FSE Talent (Overwhelm Emotions) that lets you roll your force die as a part of social checks, and LS and DS pips add success and failure to checks (Charm get success form LS and failure from DS, Coercion and Deceit get success from DS and failure from LS.)  I think that's what you were thinking of.

That technically means that you could use both at once, I believe.

Yes I may have been thinking of the talent. That sounds very familiar. Think I refered to that talent when discussing a talent for boosting Athletics checks a la Force Jump or Boost Speed. Probably why it stuck.