Sign in to follow this  
TacticalBastrd

EotE book HEAT WARNING!

90F is any car left out in the sun. The wrong glue, plastic, etc... and say goodbye to something nice. This is why I don't leave my boardgames in my car (granted it gets to 120F outside the car during the day, so inside probably gets to 160+).

Left mine in the car accidentally today! :( Was only for a short while, and while it did not get as damaged.. the pages are a bit warped.  Sucks. This is why I can't have good things. 

Anyone know of a fix that won't destroy it if I screw up. ;)

Edited by JesterOC

Left mine in the car accidentally today! :( Was only for a short while, and while it did not get as damaged.. the pages are a bit warped.  Sucks. This is why I can't have good things. 

Anyone know of a fix that won't destroy it if I screw up. ;)

Sure. Order another copy or pick one up from a store and then take the receipt and "return" the overheated copy.

Yeah. Just figured I would let folks know. I use to leave my D&D books in the car all the time and never saw stuff like this happen. Special if it was just one day.

I had this happen to my 2nd Ed DMG, did not happen to PHB or MM... both in same place. Leaving something like that in that head is a roll of the dice. Had same thing happen to other items, one destroyed, other fine.

Funny...I was just coming to these forums to post something similar. Thing is I live in the UK and the book hasn't left my bedroom. Nor is it in direct sunlight. Okay the outside temperature is 28C (pretty unusual for us Brits) but surely the pages shouldn't curl and warp like that!! I'm a bit annoyed...especially as this is not a cheap book at £40. I wanted to complain to FFG direct and find out if this is going to be an issue on all the existing copies?  

Funny...I was just coming to these forums to post something similar. Thing is I live in the UK and the book hasn't left my bedroom. Nor is it in direct sunlight. Okay the outside temperature is 28C (pretty unusual for us Brits) but surely the pages shouldn't curl and warp like that!! I'm a bit annoyed...especially as this is not a cheap book at £40. I wanted to complain to FFG direct and find out if this is going to be an issue on all the existing copies?  

Interesting.  I live in Texas and have had no issues.  Granted, it hasnt been left for more than 15 mins here/there, but the temp here now easily exceeds 95*F on a daily basis.

It might be the humidity, it's not been a dry heat at all. I've seen this happen to a lot of games that have high-quality paper stock, they seem to absorb more moisture than other types of paper.

Might be worth sending an e-mail to FFG customer service then, if you want to make a complaint - they tend not to come on the forums all that much.

It might be the humidity, it's not been a dry heat at all. I've seen this happen to a lot of games that have high-quality paper stock, they seem to absorb more moisture than other types of paper.

I was going to make that suggestion as well.  The 'ripple' in the pages speaks toward a moisture-related issue, which could include humidity.  I lost a whole set of 2nd Edition AD&D books (and 5 years of Dragon Magazine) to minor flooding in a basement.  (Damp carpet, and it seeped up through the stacks of books.)  The damage was similar to, if more extreme than, what I see in those photos.

Heat and humidity will do that to books and other things. It's his fault for leaving it out there like that. To me it seems like common sense to not leave something like that out in a car for that long due to me living in a place that gets hot and humid.

It looks like it is still usable, so in my book it is a minor complaint. 

I don't want to be THAT guy... but it's a hard cover book. That's what happens when you leave it in the car for 24 hours. Living in Texas you'll learn that quick! Haha

But hey, at least you didn't leave it in a trunk that apparently has a leak. One of my favorite Warhammer 40,000 novels suffered that fate...

I just noticed this with my book too.  It's done nothing but sit inside the house, and now its sort of warped.

Going to contact customer support.  This is bull, and if the rest of their "quality" products are like this, then I won't be purchasing them.

Heat and humidity will do that to books and other things. It's his fault for leaving it out there like that.

Humidity yes, but heat?  And why is it that my book never left my house but it's gotten warped too?  The humidity in the air inside?  Uh, no.  Seeing as how no other book I have is reacting the same way, my thinking here is that the materials FFG used are sub-quality.

Interesting.  I live in Texas and have had no issues.  Granted, it hasnt been left for more than 15 mins here/there, but the temp here now easily exceeds 95*F on a daily basis.

I live in Austin, and I keep my books in my car all the time.  Of course, I also keep them inside my Freitag messenger bag inside the car, so while they may get hot, at least they are not in direct sunlight.

This is my friends book after being left in the car overnight in 90 degree weather. Please be warned. If folks are anything like me the like the only harm that comes to there books be from years and years of use. 

Dropbox link

Oh my god! The damage was SO complete that there was nothing but a 404 "File not found!" error left! Oh the humanity!