Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrashFink

Google+ Hangout & Roll20.net

20 posts in this topic

Last weekend a couple of my players and I tested out the EotE Tools for Google Hangout, via Roll20.net. The whole system worked pretty great once we got the hang of it.

This week I have created a Start and Crawl page. The "Start Page" is the page I set while we wait for everyone to login and get settled.. the "Crawl Page" is... 'nuff said...

Start%20Page.jpg

Crawl%20Page.jpg

Aazlain, ProtoJ, aljovin and 1 other like this

I might have to give that a try.  We have been using maptools and skype for years, this looks like a cleaner interface.

Yeah MapTools had just so much involved in setting it up, I got frustrated months ago and gave up. Plus I have a couple users that would have to be completely setup as they are not that savvy. This worked out great.

Hello, i don't know Roll20, i am just beginning to explore it.

Did you made the dice roll interface yourself? I guess you must subsribe to mentor to use it?

**** that looks cool. Can others use this mate? I don't know if I'll be able to find enough players here, so may have to resort to online play (and finally make use of my Roll20 account)

**** that looks cool. Can others use this mate? I don't know if I'll be able to find enough players here, so may have to resort to online play (and finally make use of my Roll20 account)

Yea, I know I'd be interested in using some of that, if possible.

This is an outstanding way to play. I have done this a few times with my group, and it has worked flawlessly. Much better than just using Skype.

I have used Roll 20 to run a Rogue trader game for a few months and like it much more then maptools. Also the EotE dice roller for the hang out is very sweet

Yeah to be more clear, I did not make this. I found it in the thread someone else posted above.

Edited by BrashFink

No... But players can click on your video cam in Google+ and make it the main window. Then you could have splitcam on your computer which can route video from your computer to it.

Edited by BrashFink

The Start page is just this... Background from Base FFG SWRPG Page

As for the crawl page, I just searched for a "Starfield" with 2mp size and dumped it in there, then searched for a logo... stuck that in there... same with Tattooine. The Crawl is just the built in text.

EDIT: Oh... and that girl on the left of the start page Is just a png of the one in the book I found somewhere. Again... image search. I may remove that anyway. There is a nice box on the backround that I might use for some kind of text. Still not sure.

Edited by BrashFink
spsalsm and tgoVIPER like this

This is pretty awesome. I am getting set up to try these tools soon.

If you have any advice after using it for a while, please post.

Keep up the good work.