Sign in to follow this  
Ken on Cape

Whats everyones first character going to be?

If (I don't dare say when) I ever get to play this with a character of my own, then it'll be a Gand. Anything really, but probably slicer or merc soldier. I might have to dip into the Force Sensitive Exile, if for no other reason than to get the Sense power. I can only dream. So, I'll have to use these concepts as villains against my poor players insted. Yes. :ph34r:

I'm GMing but if I were to play I'd probably pick some kind of gadget based bounty hunter or perhaps some variety of explorer or colonist. I'll have a better idea once I watch my group play a bit :)

I'll never get to play it, but I had a Force-sensitive human hired gun/bodyguard in mind. His backstory was that he was a new Royal Guardsman attached to a funtionary in Palpatine's favor. Said funtionary turned out to be an undercover rebel and it was decided by Palpatine that it was just simpler to try and elimanate the traitor and his guards rather than determine if any had fallen. Only his Force-sensitiveness saved him from certain death as it was another contingent of Royal Guardsmen sent to eliminate them. As the lone survivor, he made his way to the Fringe with a new view of the Empire. There he makes his way as soldier for hire, protection his specialty. He particularly enjoys sticking it to the Empire when he can.

Going to be playing a Smuggler/Scoundrel/Jedi Initiate (later is from my "Ways of the Force" fan supplment).  I played an early version of this character back during the Beta test period, and he was quite fun.  By no means his a powerful Force-user, but he's certainly competent in a broad range of areas.

I'll never get to play it, but I had a Force-sensitive human hired gun/bodyguard in mind. His backstory was that he was a new Royal Guardsman attached to a funtionary in Palpatine's favor. Said funtionary turned out to be an undercover rebel and it was decided by Palpatine that it was just simpler to try and elimanate the traitor and his guards rather than determine if any had fallen. Only his Force-sensitiveness saved him from certain death as it was another contingent of Royal Guardsmen sent to eliminate them. As the lone survivor, he made his way to the Fringe with a new view of the Empire. There he makes his way as soldier for hire, protection his specialty. He particularly enjoys sticking it to the Empire when he can.

Why won't you ever get to play the game? There's some good online ways if you don't have anything local.

Why won't you ever get to play the game? There's some good online ways if you don't have anything local.

I meant play as a player. I will play as a GM as I am usually the GM in a majority of the games my little group plays.

If I can find a committed play-by-post, I'd love to play a social, 'face'-type character. Have to wait for my book first, though...

There are Edge of the Empire play-by-post forums over at d20 Radio at www.d20radio.com/forums/ .

Might be worth looking into.

I will be GM it. I would love to play it. I will probably look into playing it through some online source, either skype type games or pbp games. Maybe someone should post a thread about looking for online games... ^_^

But, if I did get to play, I think the first character I would make would be a pirate type pilot or mechanic.

I really enjoyed playing Jovel in the "Shadow of a Black Sun" adventure.  It gave me some fun opportunities to take the lead and use her slicing skills to gather information.  That would definitely be a fun type of character to play again;  however, I think I'm going to take a more specialized route.  I doubt the core rules will change him much, but I created a Rodian Pilot based on the Beta rules and dumped almost all of his xp into Agility.

I made a pregen sheet for him, as well, if anyone is looking for more premade options:

http://www.mediafire.com/?82835dov0vqz5fx

Edited by Farsox

I'll be GMing since I convinced my group(who has never played anything other than D&D 3.5 and a bit of 4E) to play.  If I ever do get to play, I was thinking of making a force sensitive gambler who doesn't realize that he's force sensitive(he just thinks he's really lucky and intuitive).  

I'll be GMing since I convinced my group(who has never played anything other than D&D 3.5 and a bit of 4E) to play.  If I ever do get to play, I was thinking of making a force sensitive gambler who doesn't realize that he's force sensitive(he just thinks he's really lucky and intuitive).

I'm currently GMing, but recently was blessed with a player and previous DnD DM saying that after taking a listen to the Order 66 podcast (I don't ever listen to that...), he'd be willing to have a go. pretty neat. Your players will pick it up pretty quick too.

That said, I have an R5 astromech waiting in the wings for when/if he takes over. His name is Fiver (R5-I5) [Watership Down and PacNW reference and allegiance coming through] and he's currently attached to the ship the crew is about to buy. He's got a bounty on his head for carrying sensitive information on Imperial Intelligence operatives and works to disrupt Imperial plans as often as he can, as well as find a way to make contact with the Rebel Alliance.

I'll have tons of work XD

I have a campaign that started above the year 2000 and now I have to convert more than 61 main NPC characters...

I will use the alphabetic order and I will start with a gardener and after that with a young padawan/force adept and a history professor.

In a few days (weeks XD) I'll tell you about the conversions.

I will be GM it. I would love to play it. I will probably look into playing it through some online source, either skype type games or pbp games. Maybe someone should post a thread about looking for online games... ^_^

But, if I did get to play, I think the first character I would make would be a pirate type pilot or mechanic.

Myth weavers is a great PbP site. I have been playing there for awhile and they have great a great community. They also have a edge of the empire dice roller.

Does d20's forum have a edge roller? How is their PbP? I love the edge of the empire podcasts and always looking for somewhere new to play.

Oh and my first character was a Wookie Hired gun/Marauder. Give a Wookie a vibro-axe and your enemies will be defeated & driven before you....

Edited by Mokkan

I plan to revive my old character from WOTC games my female human Smuggler. She will mainly be Pilot/Fringer/Mechanic dipping into Scoundrel Outlaw Tech and Gadgeteer for perminate Talents in these Specializations.

Her Obligation goes back to her Original storyline Family her father runs a Smugglers Guild and pushes for her to someday run the operation but she is split between her loyalty to her fellow PCs and their struggle against the Empire and her Father. Her motivations are Crime and Wanderlust//Novelty.

I mostly GM but in the one game as a player I'm a Wookie who grew up pre-Empire as the son to the Senator of Kashyyyk. He spent most of his time on Coruscant and was trained as a Doctor. After the rise of the Empire and the Imperial occupation of his home world he returned to offer medical aid to his people and got sucked into the guerrilla warfare taking place on the planet (training as a Marauder)  

Eventually he was captured by the Empire and was shipped off-world, before he ended up working on one of the many Imperial construction projects he was released by some of the other players in the group when they attacked an Imperial outpost while he was being transferred through.

From a mechanical standpoint the Doctor's talents such as Pressure Point, Anatomy knowledge and Stim Application work really well with a Marauder wielding a Vibro-Ax.

I dont know yet - we're still in the middle of playing our old D6 game (and I don't even have the books yet). But once I get the books, I might build a young Prince/Princess (gender to be determined later) who fled the core worlds because his family life was restrictive and he was going to be forever trapped in the "family business" unless he got the hell out. The life of nobility just isnt his thing.

So, build him as a smugger that doesn't know anything about the business, or flying or fixing ships - but knows which fork to use when being served brazed teka nut salad and can charm your ears off. Oh, and just for grins, I might have him buy into the whole "The Empire is a force for good, not evil" - at least for a while.

He'll probably have some kind of hunted/bounty disadvantage with a smidgen of Family thrown in.

Will I play him? No idea, but it seems like a character archtype that will push the boundries of what the game engine can do.

Edited by Desslok