Sign in to follow this  
Quell

Rulebook PDF

Hello all!

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but is there a PDF of the rulebook?  If not, does someone know when that's coming out?

Thanks much!

I'm pretty much a dead-tree kind of guy who will only use pdf's in a pinch, but I know my players would probably prefer a digital version. My understanding is that due to the license we won't see a digital version of the Core book.

Edited by Keeop

Yeah, it's a subject that has been discussed numerous times before. In this day and age it' nice to be able to have access to PDF copies of RPG books, there's no arguing that. I don't personally consider it a deal-breaker, especially not if the game in question is really good.

I will say this, though - right here in this forum you can find a thread for game resources, and there are some great reference sheets that ARE in PDF form, so maybe that can help act as a stand-in.

Ultimately, though, it's your money and you must spend it, or not spend it, as you see fit.

Edited by Venthrac

Yea, because either way it'll end up online. No point trying to stop it. Get the sales you can from the loyal customers who want it.

Edited by Gamgee

Yea, because either way it'll end up online. No point trying to stop it. Get the sales you can from the loyal customers who want it.

FFG can only follow what the conract says. I'm sure pirate copies of the Saga books are out there, but that never pushed LucasArts to change their stance. I doubt pointing it out now will this time either.

At this point I think it will come down to the next round of conract talks. Doing it now may incur prohibitive costs what with lawyers and the increase in the actual contract cost. But the next time, what with all the changes, may mean that something may now be done without it costing too much.

My concern with the next round of contract talks is that with the new movies on the horizon, Star Wars is going to be a hot property and Disney may decide to let the highest bidder take it. We might see a return to WotC as they are the biggest fish in this pond. That would be a shame as I can see so much potential in this game.

Good call, Donovan. Be nice to at least have an official answer.

If nothing else, it gives folks a place to point to when the next time this question comes up.  And unlike prior times, it'll carry some pretty hefty official weight.

Personally, I'd love the option to buy this game as a PDF, just so that I can carry the book around on my iPad.  Much easier to tote that around than a bunch of game books.

Good call, Donovan. Be nice to at least have an official answer.

If nothing else, it gives folks a place to point to when the next time this question comes up.  And unlike prior times, it'll carry some pretty hefty official weight.

Personally, I'd love the option to buy this game as a PDF, just so that I can carry the book around on my iPad.  Much easier to tote that around than a bunch of game books.

Bingo.  Not to mention if it was a properly formatted PDF it would be searchable.  I'd gladly pay $10-20 for the PDF on top of already having the hardcover version on order (it should have been here today, which is driving me crazy, but that's a different story that may end with me pounding on the gates of the FedEx hub nearby).
Edited by Rykaar

Just to have it on record somewhere: I'd like to get the PDF as well.

I'd pay for it extra, even though I shell out about $70 for the physical stuff.

Having a PDF makes sense from a GM's perspective.

It makes sense from a player's perspective.

And it makes sense from a business perspective.

Dear NSA, please report this to Mr. Alexander, maybe he can do something about it ...

Ditto.  I'd pay another $10-20 for a PDF copy I could keep handy on my iPad.

Ditto.  I'd pay another $10-20 for a PDF copy I could keep handy on my iPad.

If they went by the cost of the 40k RPG pdfs, you'd be looking at $25-30 for the PDF, but it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon.

A PDF could be nice, and plus they could do some type of marking with the person's email address to track down if it gets distributed as a pirated copy.

Watermarks are easily stripped - I'll assume you've not seen FFG's watermarked 40k RPG pdfs being put up all over the place with the watermarks removed only a day or two after the PDF has been released?

Piracy will happen, no matter what, but yea, watermarking doesn't even slow it down.