Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SolennelBern

Now that the new forums are implemented...

7 posts in this topic

Well nothing's wrong with the 2nd edition except it's been OOP for a long time.  Base box can still be found for a high price and expansions for even more.  Plus the game was released in 2005, got many expansions for it but FFG let it go.

A 3rd edition would be cool: Clarified and better written rules, updated art, availability at normal price and many happy gamers that were too late to embark in the RB2E journey.

arkiva likes this

The rules aren't that complex compare to other games. The game is long no doubt. But there are variants written inside the rules in order to make shorter gameplay. I don't see any problem with 2nd edition.

I think it should be reprint in order for new gamers to enjoy. Just make it into print on demand. I never got the chance to buy the Runebound Essential Collection. :)

Agreed with Steve. POD would not work well for a game with this many components. The end price for POD would be quite high. There are some ways to cut that cost such as replacing certain physical components with printed ones, but even that brings in more problems and there are few such to efficiently replace. And it wouldn't be enough to cut much cost.