Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
A1istor

Corebook Review

17 posts in this topic

I have been patiently waiting for my book to come in. As time goes by I normally look for reviews and unboxings for what I purchase. So far nothing has popped up on youtube or anywhere. I am asking for someone on here to be kind enough if you received your book please to a review and unboxing or something please!

I know this is not much, but it'll give you some idea.

The rules are basically the same as the last update in the beta.  I think I have seen one or two minor changes.

The book is huge, hardbound and gorgeous.  It's full color and high quality with lots of art.

The races are a bit more filled out, especially droids.  All of the careers have some examples and hooks for possible PC types.

Overall there is a lot more fluff.  Information on planets, races, enemies are all scattered here and there.

There are some handy examples of play that are a bit overdone but get the point across.

I've not handled the book overmuch but the quality of the binding seems pretty good, especially compared to D&D 3rd edition books, but time will tell on that front.

I know it is not much and I have not really delved too deep but so far I am very happy with the production value of the core book.

A1istor and BrashFink like this

Thanks a lot I appreciate it. My patience is running low so any tidbit helps.

Edited by A1istor

Eh, I don't have the book handy but I think the weapons were the same but there might have been a few more mods, or at least a clearer description of what was there before.

Looks quite promising, i also thought the art was quite well done when i watched the "Starting Transmission" news.

Yeah, I imagine someone (maybe even me) will be doing a more in-depth review of the EotE corebook.

Just give us a few days to fully digest the material.  It is a rather hefty tome after all.

Yeah, I imagine someone (maybe even me) will be doing a more in-depth review of the EotE corebook.

Just give us a few days to fully digest the material.  It is a rather hefty tome after all.

I'll enjoy reading you review, Donovan, as both of us has been involved since beta.

I'll enjoy reading you review, Donovan, as both of us has been involved since beta.

Glad you've enjoyed my rambling looks at the Beginner Box and Shadows of a Black Sun :)

With the way work has been going, I don't know if I'll have the time or energy to get a review done of this book.  But if nobody else is willing to step up on behalf of the GSA, I just might have to.

Glad you've enjoyed my rambling looks at the Beginner Box and Shadows of a Black Sun :)

With the way work has been going, I don't know if I'll have the time or energy to get a review done of this book.  But if nobody else is willing to step up on behalf of the GSA, I just might have to.

I'll do it for you.

"It's great!"

Review complete. My work here is done.

:)

I'll do it for you.

"It's great!"

Ha!  If only it were that easy. :lol:

I'll do it for you.

"It's great!"

Phht...  That's not a review.  Everyone knows that you have to attach a usually meaningless numerical score to the end for it to be a review.  Symbolic representation(stars, prehensile tails, etc) is also acceptable.

Example:

I believe that the Star Wars:  Edge of the Empire RPG Core Rulebook is the best book I've ever waited on an online retailer to ship a preorder post-release date for.  I haven't read a single page of it, but I paid money for it, and that's good enough for me.

36 Wookie Bums Up.

Edited by Scars Unseen
ynnen, Callidon, aljovin and 2 others like this