player266669

EotE Core Rulebook Errata

287 posts in this topic

EotE page 255 - The Syliure-25 hyperdrive sled "Designed to add hyperspace capabilities to smaller ships without hyperdrives." It gives a class 2 hyperdrive to a sil 3 ship, good for five jumps.

hyperspace rings could use better definition.  saying that they have 5 uses seems a bit odd.  i mean, having only 5 pre-programmed jumps makes a bit more sense, especially it the ship doesn't have an astromech to program them.  but 5 jumps before non-use at a cost of 10,000 credits does not seem very cost effective for any consumer.  i mean, for the supplier it makes sense, as it causes the consumer to buy more... but who would buy such a costly hyperdrive for so few uses?

"we could almost buy our own ship for that much.  we don't have to sit here and take this"~ luke skywalker

Hmm that does seem a bit silly. However, Reading that it just makes me think the fuel tank can only be used for 5 jumps. After that you will have to fill'er'up. Normal ships have the "Consumables" to limit how long they can travel free space before making a stop. I believe this follows the same behavior forcing the user to come back for a refresh.

Hi there, just picked up the Core Rulebook (finally) and found a couple of errors (I think) in the Adversary section:

1) pg 402: Corporate Sector Authority Security Viceprex.

I think the Defense values are wrong based on the equipment. From the description of the Personal Deflector Shield, the Defence bonus should probably be 0 Melee / 2 Ranged, but the Viceprex's Defense box shows 2 Melee and 0 Ranged.

2) pg 406, Black Sun Vigo

Here the text for the Crippling Blow talent reads "may increase damage of check by 1.", but form the description of the talent on pg 133 it should instead read "may increase difficulty of check by 1".

3) pg 412. Forsaken Jedi

Similar error I think as with the Viceprex....with Defensive 1 and Deflection 2 qualities on the Lightsaber the Defensive values should be 1 Melee and 2 Ranged, but the statblock shows as 2 Melee and 1 Ranged.

Thanks for the game. Slightly late to the party, but can't wait to get stuck in.

Edited by pinstrum

Looking for clarification:

On pg176 of Force and Destiny a Basic Lightsaber contains "an unmodded Ilum lightsaber crystal" taking up two of the five hardpoints. 

Whereas in Edge of the Empire the Lightsaber has 0 hardpoints.

So does this mean that a modded lightsaber crystal takes up more hardpoints?  Assuming the the Edge of the Empire lightsaber contains a heavily modded Ilum crystal.

Edited by SilindeT

If you have questions to ask the developers, you don’t post them here — the developers don’t have time to read the forums.

Instead, you send them an e-mail message using their website, and you wait for an e-mail response.

If you would like to share their response with the community, you can do that in the thread at https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/108101-ffg-developer-answered-questions/

Looking for clarification:

On pg176 of Force and Destiny a Basic Lightsaber contains "an unmodded Ilum lightsaber crystal" taking up two of the five hardpoints. 

Whereas in Edge of the Empire the Lightsaber has 0 hardpoints.

So does this mean that a modded lightsaber crystal takes up more hardpoints?  Assuming the the Edge of the Empire lightsaber contains a heavily modded Ilum crystal.

First off, when I see a discrepancy between EoE and F&D, I'd lean toward F&D since it was printed more recently. Especially since they aren't very forthcoming with up-to-date errata, unless you're proficient in forum searching for random blurbs here and there.

I suspect they didn't allow any extra hardpoints to the EoE Lightsaber, b/c they didn't know what they were going to do with them yet. That's also why the description for Lightsabers in EoE says that nobody can take the Lightsaber skill, and any users must wield it Untrained. EoE is all about Han Solo / Boba Fett type people running around. If they happen to get a Lightsaber, they're probably just going to use it to cut open a Tauntaun or something. ;)

F&D added all the Lightsaber appropriate accessories, which is subsequently why the math starts to make more sense.

Since you appear to have access to both books, just use the math in F&D.

ThePatriot and bradknowles like this

Guarded Stance p. 201: in EotE guarded stance grants "melee defense 1", but in FaD it's "melee defense +1".  Does it provide a static defense or an increase?

Guarded Stance p. 201: in EotE guarded stance grants "melee defense 1", but in FaD it's "melee defense +1".  Does it provide a static defense or an increase?

Defense rules are under revision, we don't know when they'll drop. Go with the F&D book, as it's newer.

bradknowles likes this

Yellow text was a terrible idea... Anyone else only able to read it after selecting the text? lol

It works fine if you use the old “dark” color scheme.

If you use the new “light” color scheme, then yeah — that would be a problem.

On 17/2/2017 at 1:12 PM, Blackbird888 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYJQhbgHErk

---------------------------------------

I am trying to compile some kind of universal errata. This is my first draft using information I have found on the forum.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1XhakFswdkcenlsb0xCRkFNVEU