Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Courchevel

A Good Harvest

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I am playing the game since around 6 months, and I came to wonder about ruling on A Good Harvest.

Let's assume that you have only Lore Heros, 6 ressources all together, and in hand A Good Harvest and Beorn (ally).

Can I play Beorn using A Good harvest ?

Courchevel

Thanks for answering, however I, then, have more wonderings.

Ok, then you would say that you could play as well, for instance keeping count with a good harvest. However, keeping count as a 0 cost card need to have a match with an hero ressource icon, and a good harvest does not grant you the icon ressource match as it only stipulates that you could pay with other spheres ressources.

Finally, what is the ruling :
1/ you can play Beorn, but you cannot play keeping count with A Good Harvest
2/ you can play both with a good harvest and no issue with the 0 cost rules (icon ressource match)
3/ You cannot play either card as you need a ressource icon match even for Beorn

My feelings would go to solution 3/ as the card purpose, for me, sounds more orientated to improve 2-3 colors deck playability than providing extra color for a specific card need.

Good Harvest has

Name a sphere. Until the end of the phase, you can spend resources of any sphere when paying for cards that belong to the named sphere.

That means that you can name a resource Icon (Tactics) and pay for Beorn (100%)

Keeping Count ... you need a resource match cause it is a 0 cost card and from what I read using Good Harvest needs you to pay ... but I might be wrong. I would wait for someone more experienced to answer for this 

So for Beorn I'm sure you can play him, for keeping count I cannot garantee anything

that is a good question...but in some cases no resources are still classed as resources (we have not been idle i think shows this)

so can you perhaps play good harvest, then be able to spend 0 tactics to get it? not so sure....perhaps

rich

Good Harvest has

Name a sphere. Until the end of the phase, you can spend resources of any sphere when paying for cards that belong to the named sphere.

That means that you can name a resource Icon (Tactics) and pay for Beorn (100%)

Keeping Count ... you need a resource match cause it is a 0 cost card and from what I read using Good Harvest needs you to pay ... but I might be wrong. I would wait for someone more experienced to answer for this 

So for Beorn I'm sure you can play him, for keeping count I cannot garantee anything

Yes sure you cannot get much since you dont have a hero with printed Tactic icon in play. Good harvest just give you  a way to use any recources like they have all color.