Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hunterindarkness

weapon stats question for those that have the book

5 posts in this topic

I am running a game and noticed the beginner game weapons are not the same as the Beta. The big one for us is the vibro weapons. They have different stats between the two products.

The Knife  has Pierce 2 and Vicious 1 in the beta and only pierce 1 in the BG

The ax has Pierce 2,sunder and vicious 3 in the beta and only pierce 2 in the BG

can anyone tell me what the finished weapons have?

The most recent update that was posted by FFG is here:  http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/StarWarsRPG/edge-of-the-empire/beta/news/update11/Edge%20of%20the%20Empire%20Beta%20Update%20Final%20Week.pdf

The weapon stats in that are likely the most accurate ones we have right now, and are probably going to be close if not identical to the ones in the launch book on Friday.  There may be more weapons, though!

The vibroknife has Pierce 2 and Vicious 1

The vibroaxe has Pierce 2, Sunder and Vicious 3.

The discrepancy is likely because the Beginner Game is an introduction to the rule.  A number of changes were made to make the game simpler and easier to learn.  I don't think any weapons had any real special qualities in the beginner game.  Move up to the full game, and you get all the bells and whistles.

Edited by Lickintoad

Yeah, the weapon stats in the Beginner Box not being the same as the Final Week Update are due to the BBox material having been sent off to the printers before the Beta period was completed, seeing as how FFG wanted to have a December release for that product (just in time for Christmas no doubt), and the Beta didn't wrap up until the middle of November.