Sign in to follow this  
Glaurung

Glaurung play through (youtube channel)

Could you do Campaign Mode (with the LOTR Saga Expansions) in Nightmare, Glaurung?

Good idea. Unfortunately I dont have a saga nightmare cards for Frodo story but I do have all nightmare carfs for Hobbit saga yes.

Strong play, though not your best deck I think.

Not sure, but I think you missed one damage on Celador as the refugee left the table in the early rounds. And looking at the table at the end, that might have turn the win into a loss.

Love your videos, please continue. You really have a very neat analyse of the game, and you nearly never make a wrong play. You are a very strong player.

Edited by Courchevel

Strong play, though not your best deck I think.

Not sure, but I think you missed one damage on Celador as the refugee left the table in the early rounds. And looking at the table at the end, that might have turn the win into a loss.

Love your videos, please continue. You really have a very neat analyse of the game, and you nearly never make a wrong play. You are a very strong player.

Thanks for kind words but im not good enough…. Nightmare really challenge you and I must to play a bit slowly to keep track all effect in the game!

Sounds like true Celador suppose to be dead and that point….. Thank you for point me that!

I don't want to spoil anything, but wow.

Ok... I will spoil one thing. I was hoping to see you use your silvan deck there. Nice deck though.

Im just boring with Silvan deck… will back to silvan a bit later. .

I start to use Gandalf hero but… I dont wonna use it with Elrond and Vilya… trying some different deck building

Try play Nm first quest of second hobbit box. My silvan deck have no chance… 3 play 3 loss…..

Spiders a nasty and poison effects a bad. Now is really cool quest even in solo…

Battle for the five armies looks almost imposible solo….

May I suggest going to Flies and spiders Nightmare with Beorn/Glorfindel/Frodo

Beorn and Frodo's ability preventing them from taking poison. Then good meal + fortune or fate to "refresh" Beorn and Galadrim's Greetings and massive threat reduction in order to play Gandalf II (the sticky Gandalf). If you want, I can suggest you a complete decklist.

Try play Nm first quest of second hobbit box. My silvan deck have no chance… 3 play 3 loss…..

Spiders a nasty and poison effects a bad. Now is really cool quest even in solo…

Battle for the five armies looks almost imposible solo….

May I suggest going to Flies and spiders Nightmare with Beorn/Glorfindel/Frodo

Beorn and Frodo's ability preventing them from taking poison. Then good meal + fortune or fate to "refresh" Beorn and Galadrim's Greetings and massive threat reduction in order to play Gandalf II (the sticky Gandalf). If you want, I can suggest you a complete decklist.

Yes I do play this kind of deck couple of years ago. Was fun!

There is fun to make certain deck to win certain quest but is not my way. I like to build up current metagame deck which can chance in any quest. Thanks for advise

In Redhorn Gate did you play Burning Brand on Beregond?

Yes I do… long time no play Bbrand so forget it can be attach only to lore character. Anyway I didn use it, Beregond was dead by Caradras the cruel

Glaurung, big fan of your videos!  I was thinking about buying Treason of Saruman but don't know whether the quests are any good.  would you mind making videos, if it isn't any inconvenience, sometime soon on the latest saga?  

Thanks

Great videos! 

Be nice to your cards! Watching you shuffle your deck and flip through your cards almost gives me a heart attack!  :P

Dont worry. Nothing will happen with cards…. Play card games for many years and didn remember I broke at least one…..

Glaurung, big fan of your videos!  I was thinking about buying Treason of Saruman but don't know whether the quests are any good.  would you mind making videos, if it isn't any inconvenience, sometime soon on the latest saga?  

Thanks

Glad you like my videos thank you.

I still didn get TOS but even if I have it I will not play it until nightmare cards come out. To easy and boring in standard mode for me…

I still don't play Road to Darkest waiting for Nightmare cards first

I personally don't think you can draw a connection between tragic and Glaurung.  I have seen some of the formers videos, and no offence, but they weren't really that good.  his card reviews are ok, but I much prefer cotr.  They are a lot more, open minded I guess.  I find glaurung to be much more unique and have created many decks thanks to his good Ideas.  Keep up the good work Glaurung!

Do you ever play 2 player/2 handed? Honestly I believe most NM quests are a lot harder when you don't play solo. Having the encounter deck revealing 2 cards a turn instead of 1 allows a lot more combos to occur. I only say this because you often say the game is too easy, and I think if you play 2 handed you'll have a lot more difficulty.

I personally don't think you can draw a connection between tragic and Glaurung.  I have seen some of the formers videos, and no offence, but they weren't really that good.  his card reviews are ok, but I much prefer cotr.  They are a lot more, open minded I guess.  I find glaurung to be much more unique and have created many decks thanks to his good Ideas.  Keep up the good work Glaurung!

It's actually videos by Tragic that brought me to the game, so... Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Tragic videos a very good! He play a bit slow then me couse he not play lotr sobmymuch as me so he dont remember text of the cards as good as me. He do a lot of other board games videos and his AH series are amazing!!!