Sign in to follow this  
Glaurung

Glaurung play through (youtube channel)

Yeah I can't remember how many times it took before I beat it the first time, at least 3 to 4 losses minimum haha

I'm using Silver Lamp, Dark Knowledge and Dawn Take You All to try and beat Shadow and Flame Nightmare right now, already lost my first attempt!

Edited by PsychoRocka

Yeah I can't remember how many times it took before I beat it the first time, at least 3 to 4 losses minimum haha

I'm using Silver Lamp, Dark Knowledge and Dawn Take You All to try and beat Shadow and Flame Nightmare right now, already lost my first attempt!

I hope I can get get new nightmare cards next week….

So, when are going to release new videos? i've been waiting for them long time :) thank you!

Hello and happy new year! I will do some videos soon. Holydayd time is finish my doughter go ti school again so now I will have time and space at home. Thank for wait and support!

I got a all nightmare pack release for now. Actuall current lotr lcg prduct except barrow-witch.

Why I dont like new cycle?

Boring difficult. After briliant nighmare quest is very boring to play standard quest. Actually I dont play standard quest except some really difficulty ones as third cycle quests for example.

Soon coming new videos.

I was playing like hell Eldritch horror since new expansion come out. Now is time back to my favorite game lotr!

I built up Glaurung's deck and came up with 51 cards. Since I really doubted he was playing with 51 I went back and watched the first part of the video a bunch of times and I'm pretty sure he only has TWO copies of Nenya in the deck - which makes perfect sense since the deck doesn't really need it.  (I know he says three.)

I've played Silvan's before and the only big difference is that Glaurung adds a couple of non-theme power cards in Steward of Gondor and Light of Valinor (which are obviously powerful additions).  And of course his staple "A Very Good Tale".  (If anybody wants it I can post the 50.)  I completely agree with leaving out the Silvan Refugee's.  They screw up the deck harmony.

So I tried it against Steward's Fear (non-nightmare) and got torched a couple of times by Zealous Traitor (1damage to each ally).  I hate that guy.

Love to see your videos G.

Yes Zealot traitor bad boy since most of silvan allies have 1 hit point.

You should keep Gandalf Sneak attack in hand and kill them in staiging area.

By the way I do like a Legolas a lot but im doubt you can make a strong enough silvan tactick deck for solo play.

Someone have any? I mean only for solo play.

Edited by Glaurung

I was able to use Sneak Attack Gandalf for the first one, but the second came on the next turn.  I was able to rebuild most of my board by cycling Orophim in and out and pulling the Handmaidens out of the yard.

I used Rumil like you did - twice discarding him to Daeron's Runes*.  I really don't think he belongs in the deck.  And I don't think Legolas does either - too much work to get him into play in this deck and he would break up the sequencing and symmetry.

*Another Orophim cycle.

Well, in my Silvan deck I have no problem playing Rumil or Galadhon Archers because I use Elrond instead of Haldir, and ofc Steward goes on Elrond. I don't have Legolas ally yet, and didn't proxied it (because I don't use sleeves at all), but I think he'll fit just fine.

I built up Glaurung's deck and came up with 51 cards. Since I really doubted he was playing with 51 I went back and watched the first part of the video a bunch of times and I'm pretty sure he only has TWO copies of Nenya in the deck - which makes perfect sense since the deck doesn't really need it.  (I know he says three.)

I've played Silvan's before and the only big difference is that Glaurung adds a couple of non-theme power cards in Steward of Gondor and Light of Valinor (which are obviously powerful additions).  And of course his staple "A Very Good Tale".  (If anybody wants it I can post the 50.)  I completely agree with leaving out the Silvan Refugee's.  They screw up the deck harmony.

So I tried it against Steward's Fear (non-nightmare) and got torched a couple of times by Zealous Traitor (1damage to each ally).  I hate that guy.

Love to see your videos G.

Is there a link to the deck somwhere?

Here is what I decoded:

Rumil x1

Orophin x1

Hennemarth Riversong x2

Silvan Tracker x3

Galadhrim Minstrel x3

Daeron's Runes x3

The Tree People x3

Light of Valinor x3

Galadriel's Handmaiden x3

A Test of Will x3

Gandalf (core) x3

Defender of the Naith x3

Nenya x2

Naith Guide x3

Steward of Gondor x3

O Lorien x2

Sneak Attack x3

Feigned Voices x3

A Very Good Tale x3

I've played with Silvan's before so I knew what to expect.  Your build is a bit more spiky with Steward and Tale, but not much.  I played against Steward's Fear three times and lost twice.  The first loss came when two Traitor's came out as Hidden cards and wrathed my board.  The second when the plot was Up in Flames.  I ended up decking myself because I had drawn so many cards before that point.  On the other hand I also played Into Ithilien twice and just simply cruised to victories.  These were non-nightmare games.  For whatever reason I really like playing the Elrond/Mirlond/Glory deck better than this one.

I'm going to sleeve up the nightmare versions next and give them a go.  Strangely I have nightmare Heirs now, but not the second half of Dwarrowdelf.  My LGS is great at getting the normal releases very early, but PODs take forever.

Edited by Bullroarer Took

Try play Nm first quest of second hobbit box. My silvan deck have no chance… 3 play 3 loss…..

Spiders a nasty and poison effects a bad. Now is really cool quest even in solo…

Battle for the five armies looks almost imposible solo….