Sign in to follow this  
Glaurung

Glaurung play through (youtube channel)

Glad I'm not the only one.  My observation for Seventh Level NM was that there were a few key encounter cards that, if you couldn't answer them, you lost.  Your deck might have the answer, but your hand might not.

Yes you absolutely right about it. I can make a better deck special against this quest but this time i just play a deck try to win.

However  i manage to win with same deck couple of times so there was a chance...... Cheers!

Thanks for the videos Glaurung. Just one thing: I think (I could be mistaken) at some point before you go in phase 2, you play 2 Foehammer cards while only having one weapon in play. Tbh I dont remember if Imrahil also had a blade of gondolin but I do t think he did.

But you can have only 1 weapon to play up to 3 events. Events play in  response so you can tap a sword play one event and then in response play second. Even you can play first event draw 3 cards and if you get same event among those 3 cards you still able to play it in response and draw another 3 cards. only one weapon is enough.

Wow that's not how i have played it at all. The response calls for exhausting the weapon. Once the weapon is exhausted for the first response then how can another copy of Foe hammer be played using the same weapon, the weapon has already been exhausted?

Thanks for the videos Glaurung. Just one thing: I think (I could be mistaken) at some point before you go in phase 2, you play 2 Foehammer cards while only having one weapon in play. Tbh I dont remember if Imrahil also had a blade of gondolin but I do t think he did.

But you can have only 1 weapon to play up to 3 events. Events play in  response so you can tap a sword play one event and then in response play second. Even you can play first event draw 3 cards and if you get same event among those 3 cards you still able to play it in response and draw another 3 cards. only one weapon is enough.

Wow that's not how i have played it at all. The response calls for exhausting the weapon. Once the weapon is exhausted for the first response then how can another copy of Foe hammer be played using the same weapon, the weapon has already been exhausted?

This. Each copy of Foe-Hammer has the additional cost of exhausting a weapon. You do it once, you pay the cost once. For each copy you play you must pay the full cost, which includes exhausting the weapon.

Glaurung, i have not watched whole video, i had to stop becuse i think you are playing bifur wrong.

His action: pay 1 resource from a hero's resource pool to add 1 to Bifur's resource pool.

Only Bifur can be given a resource. He can not give a resource to another hero. In the first planning phase you give bifur's resource to Hurlin to play SoG. That's going to have a signifigant impact on the rest of the game because of the early resource acceleration.

Anyway, let me know if I'm missing something about Bifur or something else.

Yeah. Maximum what you can do with this is pay 1 resource from Bifur's resource pool to add 1 resource to Bifur's resource pool. That's why I usually take Bifur into the Lore-Something decks as the only lore hero - he can turn any resource into the green one. That's why I'll build a Gandalf-Bifur-somebody deck once my Road Darkens arrives.

Yes i do it night time and yes  i make it wrong. I think i must to stop video for now since very difficult for me take care now my little girl and work and night time make lotr videos. i don't have time t play now much and make video only night time when I'm already very tired....... with she go school in few weeks and then i will have time to make everything properly...... sorry guys...

Of course, Glaurung, take your time, several days or whatever you consider. Making videos is always for entertainment, not for obligation :).

It's so easy to make mistakes in a game with so many variables in play (even more in NM mode) that tracking all the things + being tired + making a gameplay video, trying to entertain = make some errors.

But it's ok for me, and I am sure that other people. One of the things that I love most is watching you mainly (and other players too) play some of the most difficult quests. Or even easy ones.

So I hope you don't stop making videos forever! It'd be kind of a let down :( .

Glaurung please do not worry. It must be hard playing with a little daughter and trying to play when tired. No apologies please your videos are easily the best playthroughs I have seen and I am always amazed at how you can play solo and still win. 

Look forward to seeing you back in action shortly!

Thanks for doing so much just to make video's for us when you already have a quite busy life.  I'm obviously too lazy to make videos myself.  Take your time man.  I'll enjoy whatever videos you make.  I'm quite busy myself; I haven't played for a very long time.  Its actually makes the game more fun when you don't play it for a while I think.....

Very good game.  Looks quite cool; the deck and quest.  Thank you. 

Very good game.  Looks quite cool; the deck and quest.  Thank you. 

Thanks Khamul. I try always to make my games really tension and really full of different  difficult decision...... Nightmare RTM is really tough one so is always big battle there......

When i get Hill Troll + Atercoop, shadow efect Gobiln rider then rise threat by 8 wow it was ouch! and is only 1 combat phase.

Hmmm im just get some comment from one player and I believe he is right about force effect on Nightmare card of RTM:

If, you didn have a tantrum card in discard pile and you cannot revealed it, you must tap a hero. So begin of the quest sound even more diffucult…..

To be honest I dont like name Nightmare. Better they can make a expert mode or some……

Anyway new Gandalf hero deck eat that #nightmare# for breakfast

Edited by Glaurung

Quest is already helluva hard, and one of the hardest for solo player,  

To be honest, I'm on a totally different page than you.  I don't think its that hard.  Not anymore at least.  I think it needed a new coat of paint just as much as any other quest.  I find it rather odd that most of the quests that people think are so extremely hard are not that bad to me.  huh.  Different play styles I guess.  

Hmmm im just get some comment from one player and I believe he is right about force effect on Nightmare card of RTM:

If, you didn have a tantrum card in discard pile and you cannot revealed it, you must tap a hero. So begin of the quest sound even more diffucult…..

Yeah this is how I've always played it, pretty hard but still doable!

If I beat it should be a walk in the park for you Glaurung :P

Yeah this is how I've always played it, pretty hard but still doable!

If I beat it should be a walk in the park for you Glaurung :P

i play 3 games on my last video and lost all 3 attempt. But i do win with that deck couple of time when i do play at home. anyway very difficult quest.