Jump to content
Nate

Compiled Resources List

Recommended Posts

Hi, can you please add "At a Crossroads" to the list? It's a sourcebook for AoR about the Jospro Sector.

 

https://app.box.com/s/j6paepfovb2jhyygcvctgtaotrr8go1n

 
From the back cover:
Plan and prepare for battle in the Outer Rim with At a Crossroads: A sourcebook for the Jospro sector. This sourcebook includes rich details for adventure and excitement within the Jospro sector, perfect for a band of Rebels looking to make a strike. Visit the expansive markets on Sy Myrth, dare to attempt a pod race at the famous Triellus Cup track, or search the wilderness of Cardooine for ruins of a lost Confederacy base.
 
This unofficial guide includes:
 
Detailed information on Jospro sector’s major planets and shorter briefs on several other systems, providing a players 20 new systems and planets to explore.
 
23 NPC profiles of important figures in the sector to include Imperial forces, criminal elements, and sector leadership.
 
An in-depth Jospro sector map showing local hyperspace lanes, Imperial worlds, affiliated worlds, and unaffiliated worlds.

--Lagspike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lagspike said:

Hi, can you please add "At a Crossroads" to the list? It's a sourcebook for AoR about the Jospro Sector.

 

https://app.box.com/s/j6paepfovb2jhyygcvctgtaotrr8go1n

 
From the back cover:
Plan and prepare for battle in the Outer Rim with At a Crossroads: A sourcebook for the Jospro sector. This sourcebook includes rich details for adventure and excitement within the Jospro sector, perfect for a band of Rebels looking to make a strike. Visit the expansive markets on Sy Myrth, dare to attempt a pod race at the famous Triellus Cup track, or search the wilderness of Cardooine for ruins of a lost Confederacy base.
 
This unofficial guide includes:
 
Detailed information on Jospro sector’s major planets and shorter briefs on several other systems, providing a players 20 new systems and planets to explore.
 
23 NPC profiles of important figures in the sector to include Imperial forces, criminal elements, and sector leadership.
 
An in-depth Jospro sector map showing local hyperspace lanes, Imperial worlds, affiliated worlds, and unaffiliated worlds.

--Lagspike

I love it. Thank you for using my template, hope it was helpful :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 1:16 PM, Lagspike said:

Hi, can you please add "At a Crossroads" to the list? It's a sourcebook for AoR about the Jospro Sector.

Thanks for sharing that, Lagspike; I've added it. 

-Nate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Bojanglez said:

Export the stats from Oggdude’s - they look perfect 

The export looks nice, but there are a few drawbacks: 1) there doesn't appear to be a way to create NPCs, 2) it doesn't have the new books and Jedi careers and talents added, the graphics are different from the one's in published materials. I've seen several fan supplements with stat blocks that pretty much match what you find in the books. That's what I'm looking for.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Vondy said:

The export looks nice, but there are a few drawbacks: 1) there doesn't appear to be a way to create NPCs, 2) it doesn't have the new books and Jedi careers and talents added, the graphics are different from the one's in published materials. I've seen several fan supplements with stat blocks that pretty much match what you find in the books. That's what I'm looking for.

 

1. You might need to poke around a bit more and go into the GM Tools section where you can absolutely create anything you need, simply click "New" and add what you want.

oggdude.png

2. You are probably right but these could be added manually if needed. No argument on the graphics being different.

3. You might want to play around with things a bit more. I am totally OCD and get all my stuff prep'd in mini-booklets (hence the templates I created) and am very ok with how close these look to how they "should" look.

Bontask.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DangerShine Designs said:

1. You might need to poke around a bit more and go into the GM Tools section where you can absolutely create anything you need, simply click "New" and add what you want.

oggdude.png

2. You are probably right but these could be added manually if needed. No argument on the graphics being different.

3. You might want to play around with things a bit more. I am totally OCD and get all my stuff prep'd in mini-booklets (hence the templates I created) and am very ok with how close these look to how they "should" look.

Bontask.png

The template you have there looks nice.

I'll dig a little deeper.

Can you share your template?

Edited by Vondy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vondy said:

The template you have there looks nice.

I'll dig a little deeper.

Can you share your template?

That template is straight out of Oggdude's tool, I had nothing to do with it - you have already downloaded the templates I created, I was referencing his tool.

If you haven't done so already, go into the Oggdude's tool folder and open up (or just do a search for) "SWCharGenGMTools.exe", there's more functionality there that you might want to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to mention, I built https://starwars.myrpg.org/coruscant_translator.php

Glad to see people get use out of it - that's why it's there.  If you take a look, you'll see that this forum is now thanked at the bottom of the page.

I added a language last year, adding Zabraki.  I put in two more today for Echani and Thyrsian (an offshoot of Echani).

The full list is now:

Catharese: Mainly taken from Jeos, a roleplayer in the SWTOR community (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzQtc0yRonNkb0NZc2JiMkQ3UWc), but this has many additions to the language to flesh out the language as the original dictionary only had about 8,000 words. Catharese now nearly triples the dictionary size, so you should see many more matches than using High Cathar.
High Cathar: Mainly taken from Jeos, a roleplayer in the SWTOR community (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzQtc0yRonNkb0NZc2JiMkQ3UWc).
Cheunh: Wookieepedia.
Echani: Invented, derived from the words I made for Thyrsian with a general aim to make the words similar but not identical. For example, Thyrsian has all words ending in vowels, except for plurals that end in the letter N. Echani has more variation to the word endings.
High Sith: This has a number of very similar words to Sith but also has a lot of divergence and adheres to the Wookieepedia version.
Huttese: Wookieepedia.
Mando'a: Mandoa.org (http://mandoa.org), Karen Traviss (Adrian Thomas-Prestemon http://mandoa.org)
Mirialan: Based off Sirasielic with remaining words inspired from Quecha, made by Astrea, Asyria, Davrek Tynor, Jeca Cutrer, Killian, Naszar'ado'soro, Rabbly, Riandora, Ryger, Sindol Sei, Talae Redas (Sirasielic on SWTOR-RP Wiki, now defunct and found via the Internet Archive).
Minisiat: No additional sources.
Ortolan: Inspired by in-game voiceovers in SWTOR.
Old Corellian: This is somewhat unique, as it's meant to have some strong crossovers with modern Basic. So that means some of the words will be completely different, others may be very similar to their Basic counterparts and some may even be identical or near-identical.
Proto-Basic: A modified version of Old Corellian.
Ryl: Wookieepedia, Temple of Kika'lekki (http://www.peach-tree.org/Ryloth/TwiInfo/Lexicon.htm, now defunct and found via the Internet Archive).
Sith: Starsider Galaxy, (http://www.starsidergalaxy.com/sith/).
Smuggler's Cant: Wookieepedia. More of a very small set of codewords than a language. Note that very little will be translated since the wordset is in the dozens as opposed to thousands.
Thyrsian: Invented, with the exception of the numerals zero through four. (Thyrsian (language) | Wookieepedia)
Zabraki: Wookieepedia, The Zabrak Society's Ul'Zabrak from (http://www.dream-designs.net/zabrak/language.html).

Edited by Tiali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uh oh.   Looks like the "viluppo" index is down?  Getting a 404 error when I try to use my old link(s) to it.     http://swrpg.viluppo.net/equipment

****.  It was a REALLY good one-stop shop just to get a list of stuff by category, so that you could book-dive to find the write up about the item you wanted.

Does anyone know what happened to them?   Is this temporary?   Is there another (generally up to date) database out there?

Edited by Khyrith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Khyrith said:

Uh oh.   Looks like the "viluppo" index is down?  Getting a 404 error when I try to use my old link(s) to it.     http://swrpg.viluppo.net/equipment

****.  It was a REALLY good one-stop shop just to get a list of stuff by category, so that you could book-dive to find the write up about the item you wanted.

Does anyone know what happened to them?   Is this temporary?   Is there another (generally up to date) database out there?

My favorite source for this is oggdudes. Because it ends up being local. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2020 at 5:50 PM, Vondy said:

I'm looking for a stat block graphic I can drop into the great templates I've found.

What are people using for those?

I created the stat blocks we used in the “Spark of Rebellion” book. I know I posted them somewhere online, but I’ll have to find them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 11:55 AM, Vondy said:

The export looks nice, but there are a few drawbacks: 1) there doesn't appear to be a way to create NPCs, 2) it doesn't have the new books and Jedi careers and talents added, the graphics are different from the one's in published materials. I've seen several fan supplements with stat blocks that pretty much match what you find in the books. That's what I'm looking for.

 

Found them. I have them on a private Dropbox, but I can move them over to a public one.

I’ve got SVG and EPS formats for AoR and EotE color schemes, plus the original OmniGraffle files. Which do you prefer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...