Sign in to follow this  
Yepesnopes

bounties

I was looking through my d6 books. I am sure I had one with the  bounties on famous characters like Han, Ciwie…

Does anyone remember which book it is, or where can I find the information?

Cheers,

Yepes

Sorry to revive an old thread...

What then would the typical bounty be on a player?

What would be the average bounty on NPCs that players could track down?

Just wondering what GMs have been using in their games since release.

Looking through some old issues of the Star Wars Adventure Journal, which had a regular article called "Wanted By Cracken," I see the following bounties: 50,000; 10,000; 12,000; 25,000; 20,000; 5000; 5000. (These are from issues 1-3 and 6.) To me, 5000 credits seems like a good first bounty, with the value increasing from there as the quarries grow more and more dangerous.

-Nate

I suppose it would also depend on who placed the bounty and what for. Dumping a 500K Credit shipment of smuggled spice will likely bring a higher bounty than stealing a souped up land speeder for a joyride.

I am sure Jabba's bounty on Han went higher after Han fried poor Greedo like that and then ran off to Ord Mantell with the Princess. Vader then placed another bounty to help trap Luke.

"The illustrious Jabba asks why he should pay 50,000 credits..."

Edited by DavetheLost

The WEG supplement Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters notes that Imperial "Most Wanted" bounties are usually over 200,000 credits. "Galactic bounties" range from 50,000-100,000+, "regional bounties" from 20,000-75,000, "sector bounties" from 3,000-50,000, and "local bounties" from 100-15,000.

Those are typical ranges for Imperial bounties only. Private (corporate- or individually-posted) bounties seem to vary a lot more; the supplement lists posting fees but no "typical" bounties. Illegal bounties, such as Jabba put out on Solo and Chewbacca, also vary widely, but presumably have to be competitive with any Imperial or private bounties on the same individual to draw the same attention.

We know from Return of the Jedi that Jabba initially offered 25,000 (credits?) for Chewbacca and settled for 35,000, so illegal bounties are apparently at least somewhat negotiable, especially if the bounty hunter is holding a thermal detonator. I would guess that Jabba's bounty on Solo was probably well over 50,000 credits, and maybe even on a par with an Imperial Most Wanted bounty, to attract Boba Fett's attention.

Edited by Mr. Flibble

We know from Return of the Jedi that Jabba initially offered 25,000 (credits?) for Chewbacca and settled for 35,000, so illegal bounties are apparently at least somewhat negotiable, especially if the bounty hunter is holding a thermal detonator. I would guess that Jabba's bounty on Solo was probably well over 50,000 credits, and maybe even on a par with an Imperial Most Wanted bounty, to attract Boba Fett's attention.

This.

It should be mentioned that Solo was going to pay back Jabba with the 17,000 he was earning from Obi Wan and Luke. While I get it that he was offering a higher bounty than the money owed (to make a statement to others), 100k+ is a bit ridiculous (although the bounty the Empire is offering is a different story).

I'd go with the armchair non-answer of "enough money to make a person run down to their ship at drydock, fire up the ion engines and burn hyperspace accross an entire galaxy* to collect on it." 

*Failing that, replace "entire galaxy" with "system," "sector," or "quadrant."

If I'm Dog the Bounty Hunter, I'm not leaving Hawaii to track down some dingdong low-life in Lengefeld, Germany for less than six figures.  However, if that same low life was a personal enemy of mine that made fun of my crazy mullet all the time?  I'd probably go for much less.

What then would the typical bounty be on a player?

The Obligation section discusses discharging Obligation with credits.  One of the Obligations is "Bounty."

And it is vague.  I was just wondering how GM's have been incorporating bounties into their economies.  

I'd go with the armchair non-answer of "enough money to make a person run down to their ship at drydock, fire up the ion engines and burn hyperspace accross an entire galaxy* to collect on it." 

*Failing that, replace "entire galaxy" with "system," "sector," or "quadrant."

If I'm Dog the Bounty Hunter, I'm not leaving Hawaii to track down some dingdong low-life in Lengefeld, Germany for less than six figures.  However, if that same low life was a personal enemy of mine that made fun of my crazy mullet all the time?  I'd probably go for much less.

I do have to remind myself of relative scale from time to time. Going to another planet in star wars is like traveling to another city by road. Going to another sector is like traveling to another state by road. The other side of the galaxy is like a transatlantic trip (by boat).

I posted 10,000 credit bounties on each member of the party of 5 after they broke through an Imperial blockade, destroyed 4 TIEs, and made off with the legitimate ruler (an Empress) of that planet, whom the Imps wanted for political reasons. I put an additional 10,000 bounty (so total of 20,000) on one specific member of the party who is Force sensitive and was "tagged" by an Imperial Inquisitor thanks to some threat that the player rolled earlier in that game.

Initially, I thought these bounties were a bit too high, but then I realized they did just break through a blockade and were the only witnesses to escape an Imperial-sanctioned culling of many of the non-human residents of that planet.