Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fuelstaind

What other books/accessories do you think will come out?

57 posts in this topic

I don’t know if they will make it but… I really hope they will make a “Galaxy at war” book.

It could be nice to have rules about skirmishes (in space or on planets), invasions/attacks and campaigns (fx the rebellion vs. the empire or the old republic vs. the sith.  

And how other things can affect the war. Fx do one side rule by fear? Do one side fight with guerilla tactics? How does the spy/anti-spy network work? What about the training of the soldiers, pilots, engineers, generals, admirals? And how does key moments effect the war? Fx destroying the Death Star (or a flagship), capturing or killing an enemy leader or droid designer, making a rebel force flee their base, stealing plans, destroying factories ect and ect. And what can the PC’s do before a battle to tip the favor? Fx destroying the Death Stars shield, identify and destroy scouting Tie-fighters or supply lines ect.

Questions I also would like rules for is. How many troops (and war machines) does it take to blockade a planet, attack or invade it? How many droids, troops, clones, fighters, capital ships can a factory, cloning facility or training camp create per hour? And what kind of planets do you need to control (with the right materials and food) to keep your war-machine going?

All of these rules should have their outcome modified by rolling some dice – for that element of surprise. And this is Star Wars so perhaps the strength of the light and the dark side could influence things?

I know this can sound more like a complex board game than a RPG – but as a player in rolemaster/merp and D&D (both systems have some rules for warfare) I thought it was fun to tip the scales in a war (and at the same time doing a lot of adventures on the side). And as a GM in a short Sith campaign (wizards d20) watching the consequence of the players killing a rival Sith Lord (a droid genius) to take his place. Only to discover they lacked the skills to run the factories, program the droids and laying the tactics as good as he did. The high council wasn’t pleased when the Sith army started to lose battles! J

Ionman likes this

Such a product would seem to be better suited to the Age of Rebellion line than to the current Edge of the Empire game. I'm not saying that we won't see something like it, but probably not until that line is available.

It could be nice to have rules about skirmishes (in space or on planets), invasions/attacks and campaigns (fx the rebellion vs. the empire or the old republic vs. the sith.  

And how other things can affect the war. Fx do one side rule by fear? Do one side fight with guerilla tactics? How does the spy/anti-spy network work? What about the training of the soldiers, pilots, engineers, generals, admirals? And how does key moments effect the war? Fx destroying the Death Star (or a flagship), capturing or killing an enemy leader or droid designer, making a rebel force flee their base, stealing plans, destroying factories ect and ect. And what can the PC’s do before a battle to tip the favor? Fx destroying the Death Stars shield, identify and destroy scouting Tie-fighters or supply lines ect.

Questions I also would like rules for is. How many troops (and war machines) does it take to blockade a planet, attack or invade it? How many droids, troops, clones, fighters, capital ships can a factory, cloning facility or training camp create per hour? And what kind of planets do you need to control (with the right materials and food) to keep your war-machine going?

All of these rules should have their outcome modified by rolling some dice – for that element of surprise. And this is Star Wars so perhaps the strength of the light and the dark side could influence things?

I know this can sound more like a complex board game than a RPG – but as a player in rolemaster/merp and D&D (both systems have some rules for warfare) I thought it was fun to tip the scales in a war (and at the same time doing a lot of adventures on the side). And as a GM in a short Sith campaign (wizards d20) watching the consequence of the players killing a rival Sith Lord (a droid genius) to take his place. Only to discover they lacked the skills to run the factories, program the droids and laying the tactics as good as he did. The high council wasn’t pleased when the Sith army started to lose battles! J

While it is not EXACTLY what you are looking for, perhaps this may tide you over until you see something more appropriate.

http://fanggrip.wordpress.com/2013/07/25/quick-dirty-cinematic-warfare/

Darth Hideous likes this

I am expecting a splat book per core class, and a series of 2-3 linked adventures.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a 200pp companion book, comparable to the 40K line "Player's Guides" - adding a new core class, more gear, more ships, more races, more worlds detailed, etc. 

I think they will follow the 40K pattern they have established:

• They start with a Core book and GM Kit (check)
  • Then they do an adventure - usually 3 parter (check)
  • Next is a players options book
  • Then an antagonist/location book
  • Somewhere in there they throw in a bigger adventure set
  • After that they start branching out

There are some variation, especially after those inital books come out, but they always start the same.

Hmm... prescient aren't you?

• Core Rules & GM Guide - Check
  • Adventure - Beyond the Rim - Check
  • Player's Option Book - Exploring the Unknown - Check
  • Antagonist/Location Book - Suns of Fortune - Check

Looks like you got a 100% on that!  So...now they start branching out?  Any other ideas?

Edited by FangGrip

I think they will follow the 40K pattern they have established:

• They start with a Core book and GM Kit (check)
  • Then they do an adventure - usually 3 parter (check)
  • Next is a players options book
  • Then an antagonist/location book
  • Somewhere in there they throw in a bigger adventure set
  • After that they start branching out

There are some variation, especially after those inital books come out, but they always start the same.

Hmm... prescient aren't you?

• Core Rules & GM Guide - Check
  • Adventure - Beyond the Rim - Check
  • Player's Option Book - Exploring the Unknown - Check
  • Antagonist/Adventure Book - Suns of Fortune - Check

Looks like you got a 100% on that!  So...now they start branching out?  Any other ideas?

Always in motion, the future.