• Announcements

• FFG Fra

Upcoming Changes to the Fantasy Flight Games Forums   01/20/2017

Hello Fantasy Flight Games forum community!   This week, we will be making some important changes to your Fantasy Flight Games community account and the way that you log into the Fantasy Flight Games community forums and web store.   We have been working hard to integrate with the rest of the Asmodee group, and we are happy to announce a unified way to access all the websites and apps made by Fantasy Flight Games, Days of Wonder, and Asmodee!   For most users, nothing will change: you will still log into the Fantasy Flight Games forums using your current login name and password. Only the login user interface will be new.   For a few users, your credentials might be slightly changed. For example, this could happen to users who have both a Fantasy Flight Games and Days of Wonder account, or in the case of conflicting login names across platforms. When these situations occur, special e-mails will be sent to those users with an easy explanation about those changes and what steps to take next. For any of you receiving those e-mails, please make sure to follow the instructions carefully.   Remember, official communications from Fantasy Flight Games or Asmodee.Net will never ask for your password.   What are the benefits for you as a player? Using a unified account to access all of our web services and apps makes your life simpler. Over time, you will see new features emerging, such as keeping all of your friends under a single account, finding friends easily in apps with online play, or developing your personal profile by adding to your board games collection. These are just some of the features that you will see during the next year, once this important technical step is complete.   Important note: The migration of the forums to our new system will take place on Tuesday, January 24th. The forums will be offline for about two hours during that time. Once the migration is complete, older forum posts may look strange for up to 24 hours as we rebuild them in our new system.   We can’t wait to connect our board game communities and build bridges between universes, game systems, players, events, groups, game clubs, and more! This is only the first step in bringing people and games closer together. For more information, read our FAQ at https://asmodee.helpshift.com/a/asmodee-net/.   Best regards,   The Fantasy Flight Games Team
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thejoker

Campaign "Shadow Rune" question

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, i have a question about the campaign system in Descent 2

The rule book says "the winner of the prevoius quest will choose the next quest …. player must choose a quest from the current Act"

i have different opinion with my friends about how to choose the next quest 

In my opinion isn't forbidden to choose an act2 quest that doesn't match with the act  quest played, the only rule to remember is that  "If a certain Act 1 Quest was not played during the campaing, it is considered to be won by the overlord for purposes of choosing the corrisponding Act 2 quest"

i try to explain with an example , if i'm an overlord in act2 phase of a campaign can i choose  "the twins idol" even if we haven't played "The Masquerade Ball" ?

What are your opinion?

Thank you !

Thats how mmy friends play although I don't think thats the way your supposed to do it. Mainly because the campaign is supposed to be a linked, themed story. And it kinda ruins the story when you have a random quest that wasnt relevent to what you did in Act 1. This is my opinion but I'm no expert on the rules, i just think that when they say it counts as the overlord winning they say that for the purpose of the interlude and finale because otherwise the story would be all screwed up.

thejoker said:

i try to explain with an example , if i'm an overlord in act2 phase of a campaign can i choose  "the twins idol" even if we haven't played "The Masquerade Ball" ?

What are your opinion?

Yes, you can pick "the Twin Idols" in Act II if "Masquerade Ball" was not chosen in Act I.  You CANNOT pick "Blood of Heroes" in Act II if "Masquerade Ball" was not chosen in Act I, because "Masquerade Ball" counts as an Overlord victory if it wasn't chosen.

To put it another way, you choose 3 out of 5 available Act I quests in Act I, and then after the interlude you pick 3 out of 5 Act II quests in Act II.  There are a total of 10 Act II quests in the campaign, and which 5 are available depend on who won each Act I quest.  The Overlord counts as having won the 2 Act I quests that weren't played.

Thematically speaking, the Overlord has a lot of different things on the go.  The heroes only have time to foil 3 of his 5 plans; the other two are carried out successfully "off screen."