Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
randomblink

REQUEST: FantasyFlightGames Autocard Window

5 posts in this topic

http://meta.boardgames.stackexchange.com/questions/726/please-add-support-for-the-magic-autocard-window

Stackexchange has added support for the Wizards of the Coast Auto-Card window API. This allows users of stackexchange to use syntax like this [mtg:The Cheese Stands Alone] and it transforms into a link that opens an Auto-Window showing that card with data pulled from the WotC website.

Now I'm an old Netrunner fan become a new Netrunner fan become a new Fantasy Flight Games fan. Can't wait to make more money so I can check out more games (I'm a city government employee so I make barely enough to live on). I'm always interested in blogging about my favorite game, and I would love the ability to provide card images in my blog posts, maybe even links that pop open a window showing said cards.

Is there any chance that Fantasy Flight Games might be introducing this idea and an API for developers like myself to include this as, say a WordPress plugin or a Drupal module? Some way for the fans to reference cards and combos on their blogs and sites and still give FFG full control?

Sounds great.  Cardgamedb.com has something like this but it only works on their site.

Then it's a good thing that FFG own Cardgamedb then :P