Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bjorn Rockfist

A Closer Look at Two More Upcoming X-Wing ™ Starships…

28 posts in this topic

Bjorn Rockfist said:

Come on FFG….you are killing us.  When will we get the scoop on the B-Wing and the TIE Bomber?

About 5 minutes after you give up hope.

If you go to the Upcoming page, you'll see they're still in the development phase. So, I wouldn't get too impatient yet. We've all got a long wait ahead of us.

Odd most companies don't show product at events unless they are pretty much done.  This would be like WotC still working on cards a month before a sets release.  It may say development, but they are done with all the cards and what they do.  Because if they expect to be released in the Q3 or at Gencon…..all 4 of these have to already be getting pumped off a production line in China as I type.

And I'll save alot more getting them from Miniature Market than at Gencon lol.

When will they start shipping? 

When will they start filling the back orders they alread have? 

It seems they are really having supply problems. 

Seems like they should just move production back to the US so they can control it better. 

Sooner or later they will lose the momentum they have and people frustrated by not being able to get any product will go else where. 

Kevas said:

Seems like they should just move production back to the US so they can control it better. 

Sooner or later they will lose the momentum they have and people frustrated by not being able to get any product will go else where. 

Fast

Cheap

Good

Pick two.

John Edwards likes this

nimdabew said:

Fast

Cheap

Good

Pick two.

Fast and Good, because as gamers, our wallets already hate us… 

nimdabew said:

Kevas said:

Fast

Cheap

Good

Pick two.

…Is that an X-Wing series quote or is my memory messing with me?

Yes, I believe Wedge says something along those lines in response to a mission briefing in one of the early X-wing novels. The usuage of the phrase in question is fairly common in business, so it didn't originate in the series, it was just borrowed and used there.

Kevas said:

i talked to the manager at one of my LGS's in my area today and asked if he had any information on when wave 2 orders will be back in stock

he told me that FFG confirmed that wave 2 restocks won't come until september.. so still a few more months to wait guys

Try looking for ships at Barnes & Noble and Target and places like that.  Most game-stores are out, but some of the less frequented places have a few still

Upcoming page on FFG website now lists Wave 3 as as the printers, and Wave 2 as coming mid July, so….FWIW.

Yes, on the “Upcoming Products and Reprints” now appear all the individual boxes, wave 3 included as at the printer, and the starter set as “on the boat” reir

I saw the B-wings at the printer and the first thought I had was to jump up and cheer like the Rebel troopers did in the Empire Strikes Back when the first transport is away :D

nimdabew said:

Bjorn Rockfist said:

Come on FFG….you are killing us.  When will we get the scoop on the B-Wing and the TIE Bomber?

About 5 minutes after you give up hope.

A Last Hope?

It's been two weeks since the last preview. The previews for the previous wave came fairly close together, so maybe they'll post a new preview soon. I'm very eager to learn any new information about the Wave 3 ships.

Just got an email from FF today, I had asked when they were shipping restock and wave 3:

Wave 2 Star Wars ships will in fact be shipping next week en masse, with Wave 3 ships expected in August. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

More ships are upon us with the new ones not far behind!

Thanks and take care!

Dawson Arthur

Hobby Market Sales Associate

Fantasy Flight Games, Inc.

This was great news. I will be on vacation but by the time I get back there should be some ships waiting for me at the post.

Yea!

Edited by Kevas
jetsetter likes this

Try looking for ships at Barnes & Noble and Target and places like that.  Most game-stores are out, but some of the less frequented places have a few still

Got to pay full retail at B&N They have some but only fist wave as far as I can tell. Use the pick up in store and it works pretty well in a pinch.

Still delayed on shipping What is it with FF? THey seem to have a real winner but cant deliver any product.