HeavyKaragh

Design cards, Strange Eons 3 plug-in

Hello, Im not sure if this is right place to ask, but is it possible to change format of victory points on card in Strange Eons 3?

I would like them to be displayed same as on attached image.

ffg_marsh-adder-core.jpg

@Seastan Well, if I put it in Options field then it is still gonna have that frame around it. I can put it at the end of Flavour field and close italic tag before it, but it is still too small, it should be same font size as Rules. As I dont know what tags is Flavour text wrapped in, this method is very difficult to perform.

Best would be to have some kind of switch somewhere to delete that frame and change font, etc. But it is probably possible by knowing tags, that are around Flavour text, too. 

Edit: <b> tag does nothing in Options field

113569118_Snmekobrazovky2018-10-11v23_51_37.png.fb4bca5ffcf23d6294d747580e2cd7d0.pngForgotten-Graveyard-Front-Face.jpg.01225b3dd097a268475c1299e4941689.jpg

Edited by Mr_Kew
Added information

@Seastan Thanks, I was still hoping for some kind of switch, but this works well. You just tried 120% size or it is written somwhere?

Oh and is it possible to align Victory to bottom? <bottom> tag aligns whole card to bottom. I can still insert multiple lines above it so it will be at bottom of the card, but there can be better solution.

Edited by Mr_Kew

Hi @Mr_Kew

I won't add such switch to remove the victory decoration, because I don't want too add marginaly used stuff to the user interface.

But there is a way to do a lot of stuff like this: through the settings. It's not an obvious way and it's not easy. So anyone willing to do this kind of stuff just ask how to.

There is the workaround that will please you:

• Open Window>Setting explorer
  • Most of the card is defined by "settings". Some settings select which picture to use for the template or the which font to use. Others keep the user values, like the name, collection icon or stats.
  • changing these values will change how the card looks

• This will remove the decoration.
  • In that window, in the Key column, look for VictoryDeco
  • Double click on its Value and change it to: TheLordOfTheRingsLCG/image/empty1x1.png
  • It paints a picture, but is a transparent one
  • Press return to accept the change (the key and value will be shown in white now)

• This will recover the usual font and change the size
  • Look for OptionRight-style in Key column
  • Change value to: FAMILY: {Eons.namedObjects.LRL.BodyFont}; WEIGHT: BOLD; SIZE: 7.0; FOREGROUND: #000000
  • This won't change anything now, but it will show the desired changes when you reload the card. So save your card, close it in the editor and then open it again. 

• Extra: changing placement of the text
  • Look for Location-OptionRight-region in Key column
  • Change value to: 291,464,57,10
  • You can increase or decrease the second value to get the desired vertical placement
  • These numbers describe a box and it's placement: horizontal,vertical, width,height
  • This setting will work right away when changing it

It's not pretty, but it works.

Oh, and some alignment tags are boound to the text box: justify, top and bottom can't be activated for different parts of the same text box. Only center, left and right are switchable.

Edited by HeavyKaragh

On 10/17/2018 at 4:02 PM, Mr_Kew said:

@HeavyKaragh Oh and can I change it for all the cards at once, on I have to apply this every time?

Yes, you have to change for each card. There's no way of applying it a generic way.

Doing otherwise would imply changing cards (for example from other authors) that don't have to change.

Hello,

I have two questions:

• How to add new font? Included fonts don't support some letters from my language (e.g. ů), can I add some font that supports my language?
  • Is it possible to translate cards somehow? String tables look like its their purpose, but I can't figure out how to use them or find any tutorial. I have cards in one language and I want to make copy translated to english.

Thanks for any answers (links to other places to ask as well), also thanks for your previous answers Settings Explorer is amazing.

Edit:
Component Factory Task says: "Factories can be useful in many situations. For example, they can be used to automate the translation of content into multiple languages", but I can't find how to use it.

Edited by Mr_Kew
Added more info

On 11/29/2018 at 11:30 PM, Mr_Kew said:

Hello,

I have two questions:

• How to add new font? Included fonts don't support some letters from my language (e.g. ů), can I add some font that supports my language?
  • Is it possible to translate cards somehow? String tables look like its their purpose, but I can't figure out how to use them or find any tutorial. I have cards in one language and I want to make copy translated to english.

Thanks for any answers (links to other places to ask as well), also thanks for your previous answers Settings Explorer is amazing.

Edit:
Component Factory Task says: "Factories can be useful in many situations. For example, they can be used to automate the translation of content into multiple languages", but I can't find how to use it.

I implemented a custom translation system specific to my plugin. You can read an explanation about it in the Lord of the Rings plugin section of the preferences. It's on the translation section, on the blue exclamation mark. Whenever you save the component, you save all texts in strings marked with the selected "game language" in the plugin preferences. If you change the "game language" you will save all strings in other strings, marked with the new "game language", keeping the previous language strings. You can check this through settings explorer where you will find, for example, "name_en_us" and "name_es_es", if you change "game language". That way you can load into the card the strings for the language that you want to translate from. It's a bit obscure, but if you don't understand how to use it, I'll try to write a tutorial.

About the missing font characters, do you refer to the rules box font too? The character you use as example should work on the rules box. I have updated the card title font with a lot of non-english characters, like the one you show, but I have to upload it to the online repository. I'll try to upload it this week. Adding a font with full Unicode range of characters is one of the things in my to-do list. But I'm not sure how to implement it, so I've been pushing it back.

P.D.: I'm in the middle of a complete rewrite of the plug-in, so new cool features will be added, like OCTGN export and editing cards using data from spreadsheets, but it will take time.

Edited by HeavyKaragh

16 hours ago, HeavyKaragh said:

I implemented a custom translation system specific to my plugin. You can read an explanation about it in the Lord of the Rings plugin section of the preferences. It's on the translation section, on the blue exclamation mark. Whenever you save the component, you save all texts in strings marked with the selected "game language" in the plugin preferences. If you change the "game language" you will save all strings in other strings, marked with the new "game language", keeping the previous language strings. You can check this through settings explorer where you will find, for example, "name_en_us" and "name_es_es", if you change "game language". That way you can load into the card the strings for the language that you want to translate from. It's a bit obscure, but if you don't understand how to use it, I'll try to write a tutorial.

About the missing font characters, do you refer to the rules box font too? The character you use as example should work on the rules box. I have updated the card title font with a lot of non-english characters, like the one you show, but I have to upload it to the online repository. I'll try to upload it this week. Adding a font with full Unicode range of characters is one of the things in my to-do list. But I'm not sure how to implement it, so I've been pushing it back.

P.D.: I'm in the middle of a complete rewrite of the plug-in, so new cool features will be added, like OCTGN export and editing cards using data from spreadsheets, but it will take time.

Yes, I understand the translation now, works nicely, so don't worry about the tutorial.

My font problem is with <se> tag in QuestSheet/Rules, as there is a font that supports English only (I guess). I was thinking about adding new font to my Strange Eons and using it by <family font> instead of <se>. But as I have no idea how to do it, so I'm happy to see that you are gonna fix it within a few weeks.

Anyway, thanks for this amazing plugin, it seems you have implemented every feature I can think of, and thanks for your precise and helpful answers to my questions.

Oh and my friend agreed to translate the plugin into Czech (cs_CZ) language (we are Czech), but as not everything is currently officially translated, we're thinking about leaving the rest of Encounter Sets in English for now and translate only those, that are already available in Czech, to prevent confusion. Interface would be fully translated.

Is it ok to only translate files: LRL-interface.properties, LRL-icons.properties, LRL-game.properties? And I would send them to you afterwards.

5 hours ago, Mr_Kew said:

Is it ok to only translate files: LRL-interface.properties, LRL-icons.properties, LRL-game.properties? And I would send them to you afterwards.

Sure, go for it.

I've checked the font you mention, and that is halfway through the character expansion. If you find any other character missing from the special fonts, tell me so I create all of them.

Edited by HeavyKaragh

On 12/3/2018 at 8:26 PM, HeavyKaragh said:

Sure, go for it.

I've checked the font you mention, and that is halfway through the character expansion. If you find any other character missing from the special fonts, tell me so I create all of them.

Well, font don't have these characters from Czech: ě š č ř ž ů

On 12/8/2018 at 11:45 AM, HeavyKaragh said:

I've sent the updated font package to Strange Eons developer, so update will be available in a few days.

Thanks a lot, font is working now. However there are few issues: interpunction above E has sometimes strange offset and plugin can't find any of encounter set icons (at least in my version).

I have also attached part of Czech translation, interface is slightly delayed.

Snímek obrazovky 2019-01-04 v 15.21.57.png

LRL-game_cs.properties

LRL-icons_cs.properties

Snímek obrazovky 2019-01-04 v 15.23.24.png

On 1/4/2019 at 3:29 PM, Mr_Kew said:

Thanks a lot, font is working now. However there are few issues: interpunction above E has sometimes strange offset and plugin can't find any of encounter set icons (at least in my version).

I have also attached part of Czech translation, interface is slightly delayed.

Snímek obrazovky 2019-01-04 v 15.21.57.png

LRL-game_cs.properties

LRL-icons_cs.properties

Snímek obrazovky 2019-01-04 v 15.23.24.png

The punctuation offset is intentional, I thought it looked cool, but now I see that is inconsistent with other characters. I'll correct it and put all accents centered.

For the icons (yes, I have to update with latest ones). Uninstall the icons part of the plug-in in the manager (F12), close and launch again strange eons, and install it again through the catalog (shift+F12). This error happens sometimes to some users but I can't find where's the problem.

20 minutes ago, HeavyKaragh said:

This error happens sometimes to some users but I can't find where's the problem.

In my case the problem was that the icons part wasn't there at all. Solved by reinstalling plug-in.

I am currently fixing my cards with errata and from translation errors. One of the cards that needs reworking is the campaign card for Passage of the Marshes, as the bit about changing heroes is missing. I do not bother scanning the image on the card and inserting it into the errataed copy, because I intend to just print the lower half and stick it into the sleeve with the original.

Now the campaign text is instructing me to remove burdens with the Helm's Deep and Road to Isengard icons but I cannot find a way to include the icons in the text.

Edited by Amicus Draconis
Image needed to much memory

On 2/15/2019 at 12:21 AM, Amicus Draconis said:

Now the campaign text is instructing me to remove burdens with the Helm's Deep and Road to Isengard icons but I cannot find a way to include the icons in the text. I have attached an image of the card so far.

Insert image into text using Markup->Image...

Paths to icons are: "res://TheLordOfTheRingsLCG/icon/TheRoadToIsengard.png" and "res://TheLordOfTheRingsLCG/icon/HelmsDeep.png"

1 hour ago, Mr_Kew said:

Insert image into text using Markup->Image...

Paths to icons are: "res://TheLordOfTheRingsLCG/icon/TheRoadToIsengard.png" and "res://TheLordOfTheRingsLCG/icon/HelmsDeep.png"

Thanks for your answer, but what does res:// mean?