HeavyKaragh

Design cards, Strange Eons 3 plug-in

Can we design our own playercard side quests yet? :) Would love that feature.

Is there an estimated date for player side quests, encounter side quests, and especially event boons?

Should be done in 1 or 2 weeks. I've finished scripting the cards, but have to work out the graphics. You can download the plugin WIP version here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8Ben9xORvv5dUlRQlZ3ek1YYms&authuser=0

You can check how to install manually in the link on post #41. If you find something is not working, report it here.

Edited by karagh

Just wanted to say the new version it's finished, took me more than expected though. Added the Event Boon, Player and Encounter Side Quests, and The One Ring Objective. Maybe something more, but can't remember right now. I've removed the side quest spheres from the previous test version.

I'll check more the plugin before uploading to the catalog, but anyone anxious to use the new cards can download the 12th version in the link above.

You can check how to install manually in the link on post #41. If you find something is not working, report it here. I'll post again when this version is available in the catalog (probably by the end of the week).

Hi Guys,

I'm just trying to print some custom cards myself. But what I struggle with is the following:

Is there a way to add additional margin around the card, to account for cut off when the cards are printed?

I could do this via Photoshop for normal cards by myself, as they just have a black border.

But when making borderless cards, this is impossible. Is there a way to do this inside Strange Eons?

Edited by boderhamster

This is an amazing tool. The only problem I run into is making Quest Cards. I used to be able to see at least the back side. But now I can't even see that side. This is the error log that shows up.

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot find function getPortraitImage in object DIY{script=LotR/quest.js, faceStyle=TWO_FACES}.

at res://LotR/quest.js:306 (getImgPortraitBrowned)
at res://LotR/quest.js:333 (paintFront)

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot find function getPortraitImage in object DIY{script=LotR/quest.js, faceStyle=TWO_FACES}.

This is a fun tool to have and I've used the other card types successfully. I've reinstalled the LOTR plugin files and still not working for the Quest Cards. Any help will be appreciated.

It seems you are opening a card created with Strange Eons 2. I'm sending you a private message to find a solution.

Edit: on second thought, it seems to me you are using Strange Eons 2 or a very old version of the plugin, which are not maintained and may not work well with latest java. Please, install Strange Eons 3. If you have any doubt on instaling, use this guide: http://susurrosdelbosqueviejo.blogspot.com.es/2014/09/how-to-create-cards-with-strange-eons.html

Edited by karagh

I don't know :P. I've decided to take my time betwen big updates.

It takes a good amount of time to prepare new templates, programing the plugin and testing (both new cards and that old cards still work as expected). Updating 4 or 5 times per year was just too much. To the point that I stoped working on my own custom quests.

So, I've decided to update the plugin at the end of each cycle, once all the variants of the new cards are released. That will take less total time, because I can get whole picture of what I want to do and plan how to get it done, avoiding undoing some things and redoing them in another way as much as posible.

I'm yet to release the plugin update with the sphere variants of the player side quests (that one should come by the end of this month). Then I'll start spending some time with the ship cards' graphics.

Just wanted to say that I've finished adding the player Side Quest sphere variants. Also, I've added the new Victory points decoration. I'm testing everything, because it had to change more code than expected. You'll have to download each part of the plugin. I'll write here again in a few days, when is ready to download in the catalog, with more detailed info.

Beta 13 is up in the Strange Eons catalog

• Sphere variants for Player Side Quests added
  • New Victory Points decoration added

I've found problems when loading cards from very old versions of the plugin (+2 years, missing text). I'll work on that but if someone need quick help, send me a message.

As I always recommend, make a backup of your cards before editing them in the new version.

New version is available in the catalog.

Most important feature is the inclusion of the Ship templates. Icons have been updated to Sands of Harad.

Make a backup of your cards before editing in a new version and report any problem you find.

On 28.4.2017 at 7:12 PM, HeavyKaragh said:

New version is available in the catalog.

Most important feature is the inclusion of the Ship templates. Icons have been updated to Sands of Harad.

Hi,

is there a pre-built way to add these symbols for the sailing test on cards?

On 3/7/2017 at 5:23 PM, Flrbb said:

Hi,

is there a pre-built way to add these symbols for the sailing test on cards?

Oh, my... the forum system is not sending me emails with the new posts. Sorry for the late response.

No prebuild tag yet (I knew I was missing something when adding these templates...). I will add them as soon as possible.

You can add any image to the text bex with the tag <image  ...>. There is a shortcut in the tags menu. Use "pt" as measure for the image, and get a PNG with transparecy. If not sure how to make the image, tell me.

I haven't see that the one who put LOTR on Strange Eons is here. Great job! It is amazing how easy and beautiful to create cards this way. I really love it.

I have a little suggestion: when we create a new card we select the type of the card. (let say an ally). The one who is presented have only a few text. But I think it would be more interesting to add various effects to it (like a force effect, an action and a response, a reference to his name, to a trait and a keyword) so we have example of typography for the most common effects existing. The ones who want to erase his text to write from scratch a new one can do it very easily but it could help to use existing effects. I actually look at similar cards to the one I create on the web to write it the good way and this would help me a lot.

But may be I'm the only one concerned about making the good work in italic and write the sentence the same way the developer did ^^.

I don't know if I'm clear enough. I can't give you example because I broke my main computer were Strange Eons on the last days. But if you are interested I can reinstall it and make them for you on the next week(s).

6 hours ago, Rouxxor said:

if you are interested I can reinstall it and make them for you on the next week(s).

You made a good point in that card examples may be too simple. If you make the examples, send me the texts and I'll include them in the next update.

Finally I get back into Strange Eons. So I can (and it may even be easier) make them this way. It is more convenient?

I have Strange Eons in french but all the examples are in english. If I make a french version of each (with french typo who is slightly different) can it be useful too?

12 hours ago, Rouxxor said:

I have Strange Eons in french but all the examples are in english. If I make a french version of each (with french typo who is slightly different) can it be useful too?

Of course, I'll include the translations too. Also, if you find something in the user interface that needs translation too, tell me.

You can send me the texts any way you want: send me the Eons files or send me a message with the texts.