HeavyKaragh

Design cards, Strange Eons 3 plug-in

68 posts in this topic

Noticed a bug with the custom sphere option. When I tried to export a card with a custom sphere template, it changed the template color back to the default. 

Also, the custom sphere template for heroes doesn't contain the space for custom icon on the card anymore (it did before, but today it was suddenly gone).

Using windows 8, if that helps.

HeavyKaragh likes this

If you are using Java RE version 8 on your PC, the plugin will through an error:

Uncaught java.util.UnknownFormatConversionException: Conversion = '>'

If that's the case, uninstall Java 8, download Java 7 (from here for Windows users) and install it. It should work properly. If not, report it please.

I'll upload a new version of the plugin working with Java 8 in a few days.

Few issues, but the main is it doesent work as 7 either.

After issues of not even getting it to work in the first place I uninstalled Java and SE3 then installed Java 7 ( update 60 and tried 55) then reinstalled SE3. I can open the LOTR cards but still get the same error.

Also is there a better step by step guide then the one Hilarious Pete did? It is very outdated and the pictures are broken. I am really new to this program and nothing worked on getting the ability to make the LOTR cards.

Took a long time to figure out where to put the plug ins, stuck them in all folders possible in SE3.

Also where does that tar file go even?

Even after installing Java 7 . 60 and installing SE3, it said it cant find any versions of Java and that it can DL it for me?

Any help would be great!

Bug corrected. I tested in Linux and Windows XP, should work properly on other OS. Download the new WIP version:

Here: 4shared

And here: GoogleDrive

I'll make it available in the catalog later. If any problem is found, report it please.

Few issues, but the main is it doesent work as 7 either.

Probably, Strange Eons is still using the java it downloaded (you can check it on the Help>About window, bottom left question box). First, let's try this:

1. Download the zip file from one of the mirrors above, they are ready for Java 8. Unzip them somewhere.
  2. Open Strange Eons. Go to Toolbox>Manage Plugins. Uninstall every Lord of the Rings file from there.
  3. Close Strange Eons and open it. Drag and drop unziped files on the Strange Eons main window and install all of them.
  4. Close Strange Eons and open it. Try making a new card.

If this doesnt work:

1. Close Strange Eons and uninstall it. Check both boxed when asked.
  2. From Control Panel, uninstall any java installed.
  3. Reboot your PC.
  4. Install Strange Eons. Let it download java from the net.
  5. Do the stuff from the previous list.

First method didnt work, still had error. so I tried the second. Nothing.

Looked in my program list and there was no Java at all so I reinstalled Java 7 Update 60.

Then I installed Java RE version 8. Had both Javas on computer now. Still got an error. Uninstalled Java 7 update 60 and rebooted

All I have is Java 8 update 8. No other Javas. Loaded SE3, and got the error:

uncaught java.util. UnknownFoormatConversionException: conversion = '>'

I use Windows 7 enterprise 64bit. am I missing something here still?

In the Plug In Catalog on installing the LOTR plug ins are there any for the first time that need to be installed? Maybe missing some. Here is what is checked for installing...

API Documentation

Core Typefaces

PDF Support

Spelling Dictonaties

SVG Image Support

LOTR LCG

LOTR LCG core

LOTR LCG core HD

LOTR LCG expansions

LOTR LCG expansions HD

LOTR LCG icons

LOTR LCG variants

LOTR LCG varients HD

Thats it, nothing else checked

thanks to Karaghs amazing help, I got it working. Maybe im just really bad at understanding simple stuff, but it works like it should. I am using the most up to date stuff!

New WIP version:http://www.4shared.com/zip/s2cCZlh8ba/TheLordOfTheRingsLCG-WIP.html

New components:

• Nightmare cards(Enemy, Location and Treachery)
  • Boons (Objective-Ally and Attachment)
  • Burdens (Objective and Treachery)
  • Fellowship sphere(Hero, Ally, Event and Attachment)
  • Presentation(Nightmare) and Preparation (Nightmare)

Installation:

1. Download the zip file from one of the mirrors above, they are ready for Java 8. Unzip them somewhere.
  2. Open Strange Eons. Go to Toolbox>Manage Plugins. Uninstall every Lord of the Rings file from there.
  3. Close Strange Eons and open it. Drag and drop unziped files on the Strange Eons main window and install all of them.
  4. Close Strange Eons and open it. Try making a new card.

To load cards with custom sphere the option use advanced controls in Edit>Preferences>lotrlcg must be selected.

As with any other WIP version:

1. Make a safety copy of your old files before loading them with this version, just in case. You may want to check portrait and text adjustments.
  2. If you find any problem (text or images out of place, software errors,...), report here.
Edited by karagh

I had the problem of string conversion error that your guide says it is a problem of Java 8, but I had Java 7. Well, I just updated to the stable release and it worked fine. So no worries here.

This new version kick ass, it is very customizable and clear. 

Will you support nightmare quest card and alternative card art ? (those seen here for exemple http://octgn.gamersjudgement.com/wordpress/lotrlcg/2014/09/02/alternate-art-cards/)

Beta 11 is up

A new version of the plugin is available in the catalog (shift+F12). Most code has been rewriten, and includes a lot of new features:

• New components and templates: Quest Sheet, Rules Card, Gift card (a new, unofficial component explained here), Promo Hero, Nightmare Quest,  box Divider, Mastery sphere
  • Better project support: user can select initial collection and encounter set. Also, component translators can store their work on the same component. All this is explained in the preferences.
  • Global text options: in the preferences menu, user can select text alignmen for the components, These setings are applied to each loaded or exported component.

I've invested a lot of time testing and working on backward compatibility, and cards should work properly, even Strange Eons 2 cards has some support. But here is some stuff you should check for old cards: Encounter Set number, collection info, collection number and copyright may not load properly.

If you find any problem report it here.

Edited by karagh
Eryx_UK, danpoage and Raven1015 like this

Thanks for all of your work on this, karagh! I did want to make you aware of a bug related to the Promo hero. Every time you load a promo hero the artist, card number and any collection info (except the collection icon) are hidden on the bottom of the card. By toggling the promotional option on the template off then on again, they show up. However, even after doing this they will not export correctly. The only piece of collection-related info that is exported for promo cards is the collection icon, everything else is always left out.

HeavyKaragh likes this

Thanks for all of your work on this, karagh! I did want to make you aware of a bug related to the Promo hero. Every time you load a promo hero the artist, card number and any collection info (except the collection icon) are hidden on the bottom of the card. By toggling the promotional option on the template off then on again, they show up. However, even after doing this they will not export correctly. The only piece of collection-related info that is exported for promo cards is the collection icon, everything else is always left out.

Thanks for the report. Now I have my main PC "sick", but I'll look into it as soon as possible. You have done a beautiful batch of cards!

danpoage and gandalfDK like this

Amazing work, karagh, the new features look awesome (and also thank you for putting in the extra effort on backward compatibility!). I would also like to place a request to add new templates for the encounter and player side quests being introduced with the The Lost Realm -- those are going to open up a lot of design possibilities, and I'm excited to start experimenting with them!

Raven1015 likes this

Hi Kjeld,

of course, those cards will be included in the plug-in, along with the Event-Boon card. In fact, I've done most of the work already, but I won't include the card oficialy until the box is released and oficial rules are available, because I need to scan the cards, work the graphics and make sure every needed control and option is included.

Every time you load a promo hero the artist, card number and any collection info (except the collection icon) are hidden on the bottom of the card.

Bug corrected. No other stuff added to the plugin.

Edited by karagh
danpoage likes this

Every time you load a promo hero the artist, card number and any collection info (except the collection icon) are hidden on the bottom of the card.

Bug corrected. No other stuff added to the plugin.

Works like a charm. Thanks, karagh!

HeavyKaragh likes this