Sign in to follow this  
chaosisgod

world question

In the latest chapter of our advanture a member of our party was assassinated and the librarian wanted to eat his brain to gather information about his death. the assault marine kill team member stopped him saying it was sacreledge eating the brain of a fellow space marine.

What do you think about it?

Would a librarian resort to such measures?

I would think your librarian would have better luck using a psychic "read the past" power or consulting runes than eating a brain.

The Omoophagea was originally designed to only collect instinctual memories. When space marines would continuously eat local fauna they would begin to gain some of the instincual memories and talents of the local wildlife, making it easier for the marines to adapt and function in the environment. It was not designed to collect and transfer specific personal memories. This specific aspect has generally been left out of gene seed descriptions as they have become simpler and more succinct over time.

I guess it depends on the chapter.

A Space Wolf Rune Priest might do it.

A Ultramarine Libarion hardly.

But I think it would not work. They might get memories, but not the specifc they want to have.

I had an Apothecary in the Kill team for the game I was running…at the end of every battle it was like a freaking buffet.  The other players finally stepped in when he was about to eat the remains (what little there was) of a Daemon.  He would have had no problem eating the brain of a fallen team member. 

But IMO they wouldn't have gotten any info they didn't already have, unless they were trying to really dig into his past, or he had been separated or something and they wanted info from that time.