Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DukeWellington

Tacoma WA

9 posts in this topic

Thanks, prune. I just might be able to make that. I've only really played solo before. I'll bring a couple of decks, but it looks like they may overlap with another player. The only deck I have that has given me much success is Spirit/Lore: Aragorn, Glorfindel, Eowyn. I have a Leadership/Tactics dwarf deck that I haven't had as much luck with - Thorin, Thalin, Balin.

Anyway, I'll bring some extra cards to be able to swap out heroes. Thanks for the heads up!

winteriscoming,

If you're looking for Call of Cthulhu, we have an active group in Portland called Mythos and Microbrews.  We meet once a month for Cthulhu and beer.

We're meeting this Saturday from 12-5 at Guardian Games.  They have a bar in the back so that's where we play most of the time, though if there are any minors attending we reserve a table in the general gaming area as well.

On December 7th we're running the first-ever North American CoC multiplayer tournament.  Entry fee is $6 and everyone who participates gets a promo Eldritch Nexus card.

I realize it's a bit of a drive, but we often have players from the Puget Sound area come down and game with us.  If you're interested, send me an email to ravone@comcast.net

Thanks, Yipe! I had the pleasure of joining you all for the regionals last time around (Dan from Olympia). I've been trying to make the time to go this weekend, but I have work responsibilities tomorrow that I can't escape. Hopefully, I can get it together for the tournament in December.

For anyone reading this that can make it to Portland - the Mythos and Microbrews folks (cultists) are easily the friendliest and most welcoming group of gamers I've met. I know a lot of hard work went in to creating such an inclusive community.

Have fun tomorrow!

Hey Dan, I didn't realize that was you!  I knew winteriscoming rang a bell somewhere deep in my subconscious, sorry about that, and I'm sorry we won't be seeing you today.  You guys were great players in every regard.

Will you and Hugo by joining us for December?  I know that Peter and Erin are driving down.  It could be our best tournament yet, with a new format and lots of swag.  Right now we have 12 players attending.  Hopefully it all works out and you guys can make it.

Sincerely,

Matt

Hope everything went well today, Matt! I know that Hugo is interested in making it down for the tournament, so I'll get in touch with him and see if we can make some plans.

Hope to see you all soon,

Dan