Sign in to follow this  
Hiroitchi

Future Wave Wishlist

So here are my future wav wish lists. I know there's a bunch of treads of this nature, but I figure or assume there are some that aren't mentioned.

EMPIRE:

Missile Boat

TIE Defender

TIE Droid

TIE Phantom/ V38

Mass Produced TIE Advanced aka TIE Avenger

TIE Hunter

Skipray Blastboat

REBEL:

E-Wing

Z-95 Headhunter

Outrider

A-9 Vigilance

Corellian Corevette

Freighter

GR-75 Troop Transport

Mercenary Ships:

IG-1000

Star Viper

My prediction for Wave 4 is:

TIE Defender (the Imperial equivelent to a B-Wing)

Skipray Blastboat (the first Imperial ship with a 360 degree turret or arc of fire)

Z-95 Headhunter (a cheap Rebel ship, possibly 2 attack, 2 agility, 2 hull, 2 shield for 11 points)

Outrider (iconic ship from Shadows of the Empire)

*sigh* as much as I want the elegant Assault Gunboat to prevail over the derpy Skipray, I can concur with 721's suggestion. I disagree with the Outrider though since the Outrider is basically the Millenium Falcon in all but name. Might give it a turret upgrade just to be different but I'd hope the next large Rebel ship could be a little more original than just another YT-type freighter. Maybe something like a K-Wing or the Pulsar Skate?

Is this a wishlist or a prediction thread? I just want more pilots for all the ships, maybe 4 for each ship. As much as I like Luke with R2-D2, he is getting boring to fly. Corran Horn is at the top of my list of want pilots as well as Tycho in an X-Wing. Adding a simple pilot card, which takes very few resources compared to a whole new ship, would be stupid simple to make and they could even release errata's for cards. 

More. Pilots. 

Stormtrooper721 said:

My prediction for Wave 4 is:

TIE Defender (the Imperial equivelent to a B-Wing)

Skipray Blastboat (the first Imperial ship with a 360 degree turret or arc of fire)

Z-95 Headhunter (a cheap Rebel ship, possibly 2 attack, 2 agility, 2 hull, 2 shield for 11 points)

Outrider (iconic ship from Shadows of the Empire)

I think Nordehound is right. The first 3 might be accurate but what could the Outrider bring to the Table that the Falcon does not. It looks awesome, but i don't think it will be that one.

@nimdabrew: Its alittle of both actually. I just wanted to see what ideas ould the future wave would bring. Yor thought of alternate pilots sounds awesome; perhaps Fantasy Flight should look into it.

@ForceM: Think of it as the TIE Interceptor was to the TIE Fighter in reference to the YT1300 and the Outrider. Just a thought.

@Norsehound and 721: I totally concur, now for pilots hmmm who would they be.

More thoughts brewing in my head- EU has so much to provide to this game that I think Fantasy Flight has just scratched the surface.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Outrider

The Outrider could bring alot to the game that the Falcon can't.  First you'd have Rendar, Leebo, or Bolabo. Second it would be smaller which would make it faster with more maneuvers on it's dial.  Thridly and most importantly….it would be a large Rebel ship with a missile slots, a cannon slot, along with a crew slot, possible passenger slot, elite pilot skill (depending on which named pilot), and a modification slot (which it will more than likely come with a new modification).

The Outrider could be the Rebels = to the Firespray-31.  Because the Lambda-class Shuttle looks to be more the Imperials Falcon.

Awesome Ideas gents… lets keep em coming. Since we mention pilots, what abojut Ability upgrades? Here are a few I have come up with.

Power to Deflectors- cost 4

Action: Reduce your Agility or Firepower by 1 to gain 1 Shield token until end of turn.

Primary Overcharge- cost 4

Action: Reduce your Agility or shields by 1 to gain 1 to your Firepower until end of turn. You regain your loss shield token during the end phase.

Speed Freak - cost 4

Action: Reduce your Firepower or shields by 1 to gain 1 Agility until endo of turn. You regain your loss shield token during the end phase.

Damage Management - cost 4

Action: Reduce  your firepower, shields, or agility by 1 until end of turn to flip a Crital Effect or discard a Damage Card. Gain a Stress Token After use.

Switch Deflectors - cost 4

Action: Place a Deflector token to Double Your Shields to either your  Front Arc or Rear Arc until effect is removed the player as an Action in subsequent rounds. You loose all protection from the opposite Arc where shields this ability was use..

nimdabew said:

I just want more pilots for all the ships, maybe 4 for each ship.  Adding a simple pilot card, which takes very few resources compared to a whole new ship, would be stupid simple to make and they could even release errata's for cards. 

More. Pilots. 

This.

New pilots and new abilities, upgrade cards, erratas etc. 

Hiroitchi said:

Switch Deflectors - cost 4

Action: Place a Deflector token to Double Your Shields to either your  Front Arc or Rear Arc until effect is removed the player as an Action in subsequent rounds. You loose all protection from the opposite Arc where shields this ability was use..

"Switch your deflectors on double front"

How would you deal with it from side attacks? Where does the front and rear arcs end?

I like your idea not sure how to implement it though.

Just make it any attack that falls within the ship being attacked front arc. Just like side armor in 40K. If the closest point from the attacking ship is not within the attacked ships front firing arc it is considered a side hit.

But the Outrider looks very similar to the YT-1300. Slave-1 and the Imperial shuttle don't look anything like one another.

It's a superficial sensibility but style is as important as substance too. My biggest disagreement with the YT-2400 is wanting more stylicistic diversity from future wave choices. Unfortunately this still means the Assault Gunboat is not likely to be on the scene with the TIE Defender basically taking up it's role. At least, not until several waves have been released.

Norsehound said:

But the Outrider looks very similar to the YT-1300. Slave-1 and the Imperial shuttle don't look anything like one another.

It's a superficial sensibility but style is as important as substance too. My biggest disagreement with the YT-2400 is wanting more stylicistic diversity from future wave choices. Unfortunately this still means the Assault Gunboat is not likely to be on the scene with the TIE Defender basically taking up it's role. At least, not until several waves have been released.

LOL…..that's like saying Space Wolves are like Ultra Marines….just cause they look similar.  They play and function nothing alike!

I, also, think 721's prediction is probably the best. One could argue the Gthroc 720, or perhaps the Virago, but I'd still lay my money on those four based on the current pattern.

BUT. FFG surprised us last time!

I'm hoping for something like an Imperial customs frigate - mainly for the RPGer in me.

You know the type: it's the most common space encounter in which an Imperial ship pulls over your freighter for inspection. A squad of Imperial Stormtroopers board your ship and begin roughly searching for contraband while your party of characters decide whether to bribe the Imperial Customs Officer, shoot it out with the Stormtroopers, or just hope that the Imps don't find all those weapons you're smuggling to the Rebels.

Generally, in RPG books, Imperial Customs frigates are about the size of a YT-1300, but better armed and armoured, and carrying around a squad or two of Stormtroopers.

Wave 4? Hell, I'd be lucky to see Wave 1,2 or 3 ships. Supply is a joke. This is a great game let down in a large way buy the inability to cope with demand. I think for wave 4 they should concentrate on pilot cards and durable plastic tokens. Surely FFG could manage that.

Bjorn Rockfist said:

LOL…..that's like saying Space Wolves are like Ultra Marines….just cause they look similar.  They play and function nothing alike!

Both are YT transports with turrets at both disc apexes and a off-center cockpit, with missile armament? Dash Randar is a handsome corellian rouge with an unusual sidekick? Uhh….

I know there are details, but basically Dash Randar and the Outrider are stand-ins for Han and the falcon while Han is frozen in carbonite.

Besides if you ask the average 40K fanbase what they'd like; a brand new faction or even Moar space marines, how many would eagerly want the new faction?

Yes I know if FFG wants to make them distinct and different, they will. I'm just saying It's boring to have all Rebel large ships be YT derivatives. Do something less well known from the expanded universe like the Pulsar Skate. In fact the Skate is a good thematic choice since it and Mirax are an important part of the X-Wing novel and comic series. Even if it's primarily a large support ship I'd wager it plays completely differently to the YT-1300.

Yeah, new pilot and crew cards would be nice. Any Rogue or Wraith Squadron pilot from the X-Wing series would be fun.

Or how about this one? Pilots that allow certain ships to switch sides. For example Emon Azzameen from XWA flies a Firespray-31 and I'm fairly sure you could find an imperial aligned smuggler for the YT1300 (Did Niles Ferrier ever fly a YT1300? He probably stole one at some point). Other than that I'd like to see X-Wing pilot Tycho for sure, and the YT2000 from XWA (Can you guess what my favourite Lucasarts game was?).

I really gotta jump in here.  Ok…first off.  Yes, there has been a supply shortage to meet the demand…but thats because this game has exceeded its demand expectations.  I've spoken to many store owners and they all concur that nobody was prepared for the *sudden* popularity of this game.  espescially in the last 6 months, its really exploded.  FFG will respond and there will be wave 1 and 2 reprints coming.  Next, I dont think tweaked rules are needed at all.  I think FFG is experienced enough to have planned out waves 1 through 3 (at least) taking into account playtesting and balancing.  I doubt theyre making it up as they go along. 

OnboardG1 said:

Or how about this one? Pilots that allow certain ships to switch sides. For example Emon Azzameen from XWA flies a Firespray-31 and I'm fairly sure you could find an imperial aligned smuggler for the YT1300 (Did Niles Ferrier ever fly a YT1300? He probably stole one at some point).

In Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire, Grand Admiral Thrawn sends a YT-1300 dressed up like the Falcon to fool and capture Princess Leia.

As well, countless affiliations used the YT-1300 so I'm sure the Empire used others as any army uses a truck to haul stuff around.

As an Imperial RPGer, I made up an Imperial upgunned YT-1300 called the Doppelganger that used disguised codes to get close to possible smuggler ships but then attacked and boarded them. Inside were two Imperial pilots, a gunner, a squad of Stormtroopers, and a Space Trooper. Rebel players had to decide what to do once they found out they were being boarded.  

vyrago said:

I really gotta jump in here.  Ok…first off.  Yes, there has been a supply shortage to meet the demand…but thats because this game has exceeded its demand expectations.  I've spoken to many store owners and they all concur that nobody was prepared for the *sudden* popularity of this game.  espescially in the last 6 months, its really exploded.  FFG will respond and there will be wave 1 and 2 reprints coming.  

Jump in all you like, doesn't change the fact that supply is woeful. The game exceeded expectations when it launched, and they knew this. We've seen two waves with supply issues, why will three be any different? My money is on a constant catch up for all releases. As we wait, potential game players slip through the cracks.