Sign in to follow this  
alboy

The Terrible Experiment

1) When you draw the Mythos card The Terrible Experiment (Rumor) it says if you fail it is returned to the box, does that mean it is not placed under the Mythos card deck but removed from the current game.

2) Do Characters have to move during the movement phase if they don't want to & stay where they are.

1) All rumors are formatted so that when they are passed or failed, they are removed from the game. You cannot therefore encounter the same rumor twice in the same game.

2) Investigators who are not delayed or in the Other World (or Lost in Time and Space) receive movement points during the Movement phase, based on their speed, and other modifiers (motorcycle, e.g.). They may use any, all, or none of these movement points if so desired. Also this should be implied, but I'll note that unused movement points are lost when the movement phase is over—they won't carry between rounds.

You can split your movements as well right? Spend some to move and some to activate and item?

Similarly can you use an item (like the motorcycle) to get enough movement points for an item?

Guest Not In Sample

seang said:

You can split your movements as well right? Spend some to move and some to activate and item?

Similarly can you use an item (like the motorcycle) to get enough movement points for an item?

yes to everything.

You can usually use the motorcycle (map/ruby/etc) to get extra movement points for a Tome, even if your Speed is zero. If your effective Speed is -1 (focus to zero and then an environment, for instance) then I think you still get the movement points from the item without having to pay off the deficit (as with clues)

The exception to this is that investigators in Other Worlds or who are delayed can't gain movement points by any means.

Tibs said:

1) All rumors are formatted so that when they are passed or failed, they are removed from the game. You cannot therefore encounter the same rumor twice in the same game.

Wow, I had never noticed that - not that it ever mattered, though.

jhaelen said:

Tibs said:

Have you ever noticed that the rumors from the King in Yellow expansion have no pass condition? gran_risa.gif

flamethrower49 said:

Tibs said:

Have you ever noticed that the rumors from the King in Yellow expansion have no pass condition? gran_risa.gif

sad.gif I want my reward...

For exerting no effort on behalf of the rumor? Pah. Your reward is not being diseased or killed.

Tibs said:

jhaelen said:

Tibs said:

Yep! cool.gif

I don't think anyone is gonna go trough the hole deck anyway...to draw a rumor twice...only if the AO is retarded or something XD, or your doing something horribly wrong...and using only the base set.... and the moon is made of cheese...mmmm...cheese

I have a question related to the Terrible Experiment rumor. The card states that the monsters can be fought when an investigator is in the Miskatonic University streets.

I was wondering if I could use then the Timebomb card to wipe the entire Terrible Experiment monsters out of the game, as all the monsters are considered to be in one location?

ultrasroma1975 said:

I have a question related to the Terrible Experiment rumor. The card states that the monsters can be fought when an investigator is in the Miskatonic University streets.

I was wondering if I could use then the Timebomb card to wipe the entire Terrible Experiment monsters out of the game, as all the monsters are considered to be in one location?

Oh just saw on the FAQ that the monsters are considered not be on the board, so I guess Timebomb won't work against them llorando.gif

StarBurn said:

I don't think anyone is gonna go trough the hole deck anyway...to draw a rumor twice...only if the AO is retarded or something XD, or your doing something horribly wrong...and using only the base set.... and the moon is made of cheese...mmmm...cheese

Perhaps you haven't heard about a card called "The story continues..." ?  It reshuffles the deck so you have the ability to see the same cards multiple times in the same game.

StarBurn said:

Never came up in my arkham experiance...probably thats why I hate bast so much :))

Do as I did, and bump her down to a reasonable $1 for street protection, and you won't really mind the lack of Story Continues.