Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blackshirt

House Rules? Are they Common?

29 posts in this topic

Wolfgar said:

Closest I have seen to team combat is one player summoning a monster to their location, evading it, and then having the second player in their location kill it.

That's a clever little trick! Thanks for that! Seems like the best/only way to team up!

Monster-moving spells can be very useful! Once I managed to pull a cultist from Devil's Reef (Innsmouth location, monsters appearing there are trouble) right on top of George, the lawyer, who managed to pass his personal story (to kill a cultist) because of that. The relationship card Kilrah mentioned (hunters) is not directly team-tagging, although you need to be in the same neighbourhood to get a powerful bonus (-1 toughness on a single monster for one of you). That's as far as co-op combat goes in Arkham. Then there's the final combat. ;-)

The relationship Kilrah might have been thinking about is Hunters. If two investigators are in the same neighborhood, one of them can exhaust the card to reduce the monster's toughness by 1. That's pretty cooperative, if you ask me!