Sign in to follow this  
natanfk

About deadly

Isn't it kinda overpowered?

I mean, if I have no characters with deadly and the opponent has only one, if he makes 3 attacks, he chooses 3 of my characters to die and I can't do anything about it?

If he makes a power attack, he kills one of my characters

If he makes an intrigue attack, kills another one

And if he makes military, kills another one, and probably one more for winning the military challenge

Does deadly really allows to ANY attack or just for attacks that a character with deadly participates?

Deadly is pretty handy, but not *that* good. To clarify your misconceptions;

1) Deadly only applies if you have characters with deadly participating in the challenge.

2) Deadly only matters if the attacking player has more characters with deadly participating in the challenge than the defending player does. If they do, then;

3) Deadly forces the defending player to choose and kill a defending character that participated in the challenge.

In most circumstances, Deadly is an incentive for the opponent not to block - or to block with something weak that you don't mind losing. In Military challenges, since claim resolves before deadly, it's quite common to block only with a character you will choose to kill for claim, at which point there'll be no one left for "Deadly" to kill. 

-Istaril said:

Deadly is pretty handy, but not *that* good. To clarify your misconceptions;

1) Deadly only applies if you have characters with deadly participating in the challenge.

2) Deadly only matters if the attacking player has more characters with deadly participating in the challenge than the defending player does. If they do, then;

3) Deadly forces the defending player to choose and kill a defending character that participated in the challenge.

In most circumstances, Deadly is an incentive for the opponent not to block - or to block with something weak that you don't mind losing. In Military challenges, since claim resolves before deadly, it's quite common to block only with a character you will choose to kill for claim, at which point there'll be no one left for "Deadly" to kill. 

Thanks, I was thinking that deadly applied everytime, even if the character with deadly didn't participate

And so the opponent can only kill with deadly defending characters thar are actually participating in the defense? 

And what if the defender has a character with deadly but doesn't defend with it? Does the deadly from the attacker still applies?

First, the attacking player with deadly characters participating in the challenge doesn't get to kill a character, he gets to make the defender choose and kill a particpating character. The distinction here is who gets to choose who dies.

Second, deadly is only relevant on characters particpating in a challenge. You total up the number of participating characters controlled by the attacking player with deadly, and total up the number of participating characters controlled by the defending player with deadly. Non-participating characters don't factor into our analysis at all. If the attacking player controls more deadly characters in that challenge than the defending player does (regardless of which side they're participating on), the defender has to choose and kill a defending character (regardless of who controls it).

I mention these last two parentheses because certain characters, like Walder Frey or characters with Naval enhancements, can be used to particpate against the player controlling them.

You missed one thing about Deadly: you count participating characters with Deadly controlled by everyone, not just the attacker and defender, and, for Deadly to have an effect, the attacker must have more than each other player (this matters only in Melee, obviously). Note that characters participating on the opposing side still count for their controllers.

Khudzlin said:

Note that characters participating on the opposing side still count for their controllers.

yeah that's when this idiot walder frey kills himself with his own deadly