Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SiCK_Boy

Druadan Forest

62 posts in this topic

leptokurt said:

I'm quite happy about the new cards. Milronde might not have the best stats, but her ability is helpful. Mono lore decks are already pretty strong, but mono lore decks with a low starting threat - wow!

 

Now I only have to wait until August before this stuff will be sold in Germany.

 

*shakes fist at translators*

The problem that the stuff isnt out in germany yet, isnt the fault of the translator. Its FFG printing policy because of the success of Star Wars and Netrunner. Heidelberger is wating for its stuff, the translations are all done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm. siege makes it instantly tougher to quest through (althought maybe not for mono tactics).   Mono spirit can also be quite good at this using their new event: against the shadow.

very excited to play it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted to add my two cents about Mirlonde. Although we always want our heroes to have some stunning power, It's also good to get some low threat heroes as well. You can't play with all Elronds and Aragorns or your threat will be through the roof! It's nice to have a good selection of minor heroes as well to pair with the big boys. Mirlonde is a beautiful addition in that sense and she even addresses the downside of using other big heroes.

I'm starting to plan an Elrond/Mirlonde deck with Silvan Tracker for some uber healing that can soak up archery damage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

muemakan said:

Yes, what a pitty. The German players still only have " Heirs of Numenor " as ther latest product. 

 

What? "Only" Heirs of Númenor? Czech translation has only the start of the first cycle coming out. Luckily I play the English version, but those who don't speak English in Czech Republic and Slovakia are pretty much left only with the core set for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Narsil0420 said:

I wanted to add my two cents about Mirlonde. Although we always want our heroes to have some stunning power, It's also good to get some low threat heroes as well. You can't play with all Elronds and Aragorns or your threat will be through the roof! It's nice to have a good selection of minor heroes as well to pair with the big boys. Mirlonde is a beautiful addition in that sense and she even addresses the downside of using other big heroes.

I'm starting to plan an Elrond/Mirlonde deck with Silvan Tracker for some uber healing that can soak up archery damage!

Good point. agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So please to be so kind ane tell us about a encounter deck and quest cards? How is it ? Interesting mechanic? What about feeling when you play?

this really feels like you in the forest and so on……..thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, I cannot tell you that for the simple reason that I haven't played the scenario yet. In fact, I haven't played any scenarios released after Foundations of Stones, even though I've kept buying expansions as they came out. I only restarted playing recently and I've been trying updated decks against the earlier scenarios. I haven't seen a lot of demand for spoiled encounter / quest cards, so I'm not sure it's needed. If you have specific questions, I can answer them, but I think I gave a good overview of the quest earlier in this post already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harbor Master

Ally – Lore

3 cost

1/2/0/2

Noldor

Response: After a card effect adds any number of resources to the resource pool of a hero you control, Harbor Master gains +1 Defense until the end of the round.

 

Well, with the new Lore hero helping create a possible secrecy deck in the future, this ally would look pretty good paired in a deck with Theodred (and Glorfindel to stay in secrecy for at least a round), Resourceful, and Steward of Gondor… That's a fairly easy/quick way of getting +3 defense on this guy EVERY turn… Other possibilities off the top of my head- A Tactics/Lore (combat/healing deck) that includes Horn of Gondor.  Shoot, even just moving resources around (Parting Gifts, Errand Rider) should qualify for giving him a defensive buff…  then there's Zigil Miner, etc….

And he should be an auto-include in a deck with Bifur!

 

 

White Tower Watchman

Ally – Neutral

3 cost

1/0/2/3

Gondor

If each hero you control belongs to the same sphere of influence, you may assign damage from undefended enemy attacks to White Tower Watchman instead of a hero your control.

 

People can hate on him if they want, but with the shift to Monosphere decks that the game seems to be trying to get us to do, this guy seems like more than just canon fodder.  I see "action potential" here.  That's one less hero you need to assign as a defender per turn that can either Quest or Attack…  For example, two enemies on the table.  You can defend one with the Watchman, then (assuming he survives and takes little or no damage from a lesser enemy), you can let the second enemy go undefended and just take the damage to Watchman, freeing up your heros to get an extra action to attack the enemies back… He's a nice situational answer to those pesky tentacles that like to attack undefended as well (Watcher in the Water)… lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there was some talk over on the rules forum so i just wanted to point out (incase some hadnt seen it) that the tower guard works with song card…..i asked about good meal and songs and caleb said that songs work fine so the same applies for him

also….i thought the harbour master was a female? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

richsabre said:

there was some talk over on the rules forum so i just wanted to point out (incase some hadnt seen it) that the tower guard works with song card…..i asked about good meal and songs and caleb said that songs work fine so the same applies for him

also….i thought the harbour master was a female? ;)

 

Good news about the songs/spheres then!  (makes sense since it doesn't appear that his game text cites "printed" spheres.

 

I hadn't seen the pictures of the new cards prior to posting my thoughts about the card… lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SiCK_Boy said:

Sadly, I cannot tell you that for the simple reason that I haven't played the scenario yet. In fact, I haven't played any scenarios released after Foundations of Stones, even though I've kept buying expansions as they came out. I only restarted playing recently and I've been trying updated decks against the earlier scenarios. I haven't seen a lot of demand for spoiled encounter / quest cards, so I'm not sure it's needed. If you have specific questions, I can answer them, but I think I gave a good overview of the quest earlier in this post already.

 

I have not played either(will tomorrow) but there is a mechanic where insetad of damage in the 3rd card(siege) you place progress on the enemy.  Then when the progress token equals the enmies hit points, you put the enemy in the vistory display and the progress on the quest.  This can help with bad siege decks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0