Johdo

Any SE Michigan games?

RIW has had a number of people showing up on their X-Wing night, which is Thursdays. Personally, I go to Pandemonium on Thursdays. They had a league that just ended, so it's back to more casual play.

Well my problem is I dont get off work til 6 which is when I noticed most start. If I showed up say 7 would I have any problem getting a couple games in on a casual night?

I shouldn't think so. It's traditionally 6 but most people show up around 6:30. Unless everyone already has a game and you have to wait, you should be able to get a couple games in. This Thursday at Pando we are starting a Heroes of the Aturi Cluster campaign, so there may be less people there up for casual games.

Well my problem is I dont get off work til 6 which is when I noticed most start. If I showed up say 7 would I have any problem getting a couple games in on a casual night?

I don't think I've ever seen a game at RIW actually start at 6.  It's almost always at least 6:30, if not 7.  I should be there this Thursday.

Hey! I joined just to post here. I am brand new to X-wing and live in Jackson. I think I understand most of the basics, and would LOVE to find a group to play with. I'm down with going to AA or Lansing. I'm 35,but love this game! My 15 year old is getting into it too. We have been sharing the stuff I buy, but I've picked up more ships then I care to admit... Ha ha ha

I look forward to hearing from people soon!

-Ken-

Hey! I joined just to post here. I am brand new to X-wing and live in Jackson. I think I understand most of the basics, and would LOVE to find a group to play with. I'm down with going to AA or Lansing. I'm 35,but love this game! My 15 year old is getting into it too. We have been sharing the stuff I buy, but I've picked up more ships then I care to admit... Ha ha ha

I look forward to hearing from people soon!

-Ken-

Welcome to the community!  As much as I hate to admit it, this FFG thread has kind of taken a back seat to the "X Wing Michigan" Facebook group.  I would suggest joining that group as well for maximum exposure.

My poor thread...pushed away by Facebook.   :(

Sorry mate.  I was hoping to get it to 100 pages, but it's significantly slowed down ever since your wife had to go pop out a kid.  We still need to get that day long epic game in at some point.

I still check here about as often as I do the Facebook page. I'd be down for a day long epic game as well. I have a Raider to bring to the table. Gotta get my money's worth out of the thing.

Hey guys I'm relatively new to x wing and live in the Flint area. Just thought I'd advertise for a couple places I visit on some nights for x wing! (Regional is coming up!) We usually have about 3-6 guys show up and it would be awesome to get more!

BC Comix in Fenton on Silver Lake Pkwy is a nice casual x wing night for some guys I meet there. It's every Thursday around 6ish. In fact, I will be there tonight around 5:30. We go until whenever so don't feel like you have to be there on time.

Nerdageddon in Brighton has a small showing every Sunday at 1 pm. It's a tournament style play but currently we don't have a big showing. Would certainly like to see more! There are also some small prizes. Nothing big. Just for fun.

If anyone can make either let me know. Or just show up! I'm on an x wing buzz right now and can't get enough. If anyone knows about more places around Flint for x wing I'd be extremely appreciative if you filled me in! Thanks guys!

I'll be moving to the Jackson region in the middle of June and am looking for a new group to play with or to start.  I currently lose often with Northern Nevada X-Wing League, but have a really good time disconnecting from the real world for a bit.  Any current leagues/clubs currently rolling?

Hey guys I'm relatively new to x wing and live in the Flint area. Just thought I'd advertise for a couple places I visit on some nights for x wing! (Regional is coming up!) We usually have about 3-6 guys show up and it would be awesome to get more!

BC Comix in Fenton on Silver Lake Pkwy is a nice casual x wing night for some guys I meet there. It's every Thursday around 6ish. In fact, I will be there tonight around 5:30. We go until whenever so don't feel like you have to be there on time.

Nerdageddon in Brighton has a small showing every Sunday at 1 pm. It's a tournament style play but currently we don't have a big showing. Would certainly like to see more! There are also some small prizes. Nothing big. Just for fun.

If anyone can make either let me know. Or just show up! I'm on an x wing buzz right now and can't get enough. If anyone knows about more places around Flint for x wing I'd be extremely appreciative if you filled me in! Thanks guys!

I'll be moving back up to Flint for school term at Kettering University. Last time I was at BC Comix in Fenton they told me no one really plays. Good to know that I was misled! Will there be anyone there around 8:15 when I can finally show up after classes? I'd love to get even a single round in if possible.

I'll be moving to the Jackson region in the middle of June and am looking for a new group to play with or to start.  I currently lose often with Northern Nevada X-Wing League, but have a really good time disconnecting from the real world for a bit.  Any current leagues/clubs currently rolling?

If you end up living closer to Lansing then search for that thread. We have a first Fri of the month that would be great to expand. Welcome!

My poor thread...pushed away by Facebook.   :(

Sorry mate.  I was hoping to get it to 100 pages, but it's significantly slowed down ever since your wife had to go pop out a kid.  We still need to get that day long epic game in at some point.

LOL.  There is a direct correlation that's for sure.  On the flip-side my daughter is pretty awesome, so that helps.  Kid just turned 2 if that puts things into perspective.

I am totally down for that game.  i just need to know ahead of time.  The only things i'm missing at this point are Wave 8, some more of Wave 7, one of the latest Aces pack, and free time to practice.  All the new abilities and rule changes have escaped me.

I'll be moving back up to Flint for school term at Kettering University. Last time I was at BC Comix in Fenton they told me no one really plays. Good to know that I was misled! Will there be anyone there around 8:15 when I can finally show up after classes? I'd love to get even a single round in if possible.

Also check out Gamer's Sanctuary on Miller Road about a mile west of I-75 near the Genesee Valley Mall.  There are a few guys who go several nights a week but I think Sunday is the main night.  I actually live an hour from there now but used to live in that area.  I did make the drive for a Sunday league they just had in January and February that had 14 players.  Nice group of guys but its too far for me to go often.

Also check out Gamer's Sanctuary on Miller Road about a mile west of I-75 near the Genesee Valley Mall.  There are a few guys who go several nights a week but I think Sunday is the main night.  I actually live an hour from there now but used to live in that area.  I did make the drive for a Sunday league they just had in January and February that had 14 players.  Nice group of guys but its too far for me to go often.

Thanks for the advice! I'll have to stop by on a Sunday and see what's up.

Leave for the Hoth open tomorrow. I work near there and may be interested at some point pending schedule.

Good luck.  I was considering heading over there myself, but I haven't played with/against W8 enough to expect to do well.

Running HotAC again tomorrow.  And we're probably going to start over since we messed some things up last week.  But the great thing about the campaign is it's friendly to add new people at any time.