Johdo

Any SE Michigan games?

Hello everyone! Just a short intro for myself for the local Michigan players. I'm Ryan and I mostly play Rebels at Pandemonium mostly on Tuesday nights with my fiance and her brother who play Imperials. Started playing about 2 months ago and only participated in one tournament so far which was hosted by Pandemonium. It seems Pandemonium did just announce another 5 week league after the success of their escalation league in November, so I hope to get the opportunity to play against a variety of players. 

First time player here, just picked up a core set today, are there any tournaments in the Downriver area and what expansions would I have to get to be able to put up a fight in said tournament? I'm currently planning to get the X-Wing, E-Wing, and either the Falcon or Outrider expansion by March

Store Championship

Hollow Mountain
Jan 31st, 2016
East Lansing, Mi
$10
20 Player cap
Call the store (517-708-7191) to preregister

sign in starts at 10:00 (am) dials down at 10:30. 

Parking isn't too bad on Sundays there is a garage and a lot on bailey street very close to the store. There is a Taco bell and insomnia cookies on the corner about 200 feet from the store. 

Edited by skins1924

Does anyone still head out to RIW in Redford on Thursdays? I will be out there to play my first game in ~3 months at about 6-6:30.

Yes a small group still shows up. I won't be there tonight but likely will next week.

We have a league starting out in Battle Creek if anyone is interested:

"X -Wing Miniatures Fans! Starting on Tuesday January 26th at B.C. Comix in Battle Creek, we will be doing a weekly X-Wing Event!

"Tuesday Night Dogfights" now joins our lineup of events.

Bring your best 100 point squadron and duke it out! Its only $5.00 with awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place!

Come down and check it out. Don't know how to play? Come down for a demo!"

Pretty nice store, right off exit 97 on I-94

Does anyone still head out to RIW in Redford on Thursdays? I will be out there to play my first game in ~3 months at about 6-6:30.

Yes a small group still shows up. I won't be there tonight but likely will next week.

I went last week for my first time (brand new to the game) and met 3 other new players there. We're planning on meeting up there again this week, you guys should definitely come out!

It's on the X-wing Michigan facebook page if you join up there:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/628108733880477/

They list the following to date:

Eternal Games
Jan 23rd (1pm)
Warren, Mi
$10
No cap
No Preregister required
https://www.facebook.com/events/734922449975190/

Big Kidz Games
Jan 23rd (6pm)
Grand Rapids, Mi
$20
36 Player cap
Preregister by phone (616-608-3532)
https://www.facebook.com/events/1025179747504485/

Checkmate Games and Hobbies
Jan 24th (1pm)
Toledo, Oh
$10
32 Player cap
Preregister by phone (419-720-6901) or in person
https://www.facebook.com/events/665480210222314/

Hollow Mountain
Jan 31st (10am)
East Lansing, Mi
$10
20 Player cap

Warriors 3
Jan 31st (1pm)
Wayne, Mi
$10
No cap
No preregistration

Guild of Blades
February 20th (??)
Clawson, MI
$10
Unknown Cap
Unknown Preregistration

Flat Land Games
March 5th (12pm)
Wixom, MI
$10
No cap
No preregistration
https://www.facebook.com/events/499740866870427/

Stores that have responded but have not determined the date yet:
Gamer's Gauntlet, Clinton, MI - TBA
Fun4All, Ypsilanti, MI - TBA
Fanfare Games, Kalamazoo, MI - TBA
Mike's Comics, New Baltimore, MI - TBA
RIW Hobbies, Livonia, MI - TBA
Get Your Game On, Ann Arbor, MI - TBA

Stores listed on FFG's website but I have not heard from:
AFK Games, Holt, MI - TBD
Get Your Game On, Pontiac, MI - TBD

A while back I saw a list of the dates of all the Michigan store championships. Does anyone know where this is? Can't find it again.

I'm keeping it up to date on the Facebook page that MLBrogue linked.  Please check back there for the most up to date info.

In other news, I'm going to be heading to RIW this Thursday to get some games in - gotta practice up for all these up coming SCs.  And I'll probably be going to Eternal on Friday as well.  And then potentially again on Saturday based off of my confidence in how well I've knocked the rust from the past 4 months off.

A while back I saw a list of the dates of all the Michigan store championships. Does anyone know where this is? Can't find it again.

I'm keeping it up to date on the Facebook page that MLBrogue linked.  Please check back there for the most up to date info.

In other news, I'm going to be heading to RIW this Thursday to get some games in - gotta practice up for all these up coming SCs.  And I'll probably be going to Eternal on Friday as well.  And then potentially again on Saturday based off of my confidence in how well I've knocked the rust from the past 4 months off.

By Friday & Saturday at Eternal you do mean maybe going to practice on Friday and going to the Store Championship on Saturday, right?

Not that I want to increase the chances of increasing my lifetime 0 for record against you, but I want to make sure as many people as possible are at the Store Championships.

Never mind, I misread what you wrote.  Rusty or not you should come out.   :)

Edited by mlbrogueone

Not that I want to increase the chances of increasing my lifetime 0 for record against you, but I want to make sure as many people as possible are at the Store Championships.

Never mind, I misread what you wrote.  Rusty or not you should come out.   :)

Trust me, I'm not playing well right now.  I've done a few vassal games over the past few weeks, and dear god I'm awful right now.  You'll have no problem increasing your win record against me if I don't shape up soon.  And do I need to remind you that only one of us has finished in the top 8 of a nationals before?  Hint, it ain't me.

Star Wars X-Wing Store Championship announcement!

Date: Saturday - March 12
Start Time: 12:00pm (noon) / registration starts at 11:00am
Length: 4 Rounds, each round lasting a maximum of 75 minutes
Entry: $10
Prizes: FFG Store Championship Kit
Champion: The winner receives a Store Championship plaque and a card granting one first-round bye at a Regional Championship of the player’s choice.
Top Four: The top four players each receive one challenge coin.
Top Eight: The top eight players each receive one acrylic range ruler.
Everybody: Participants will each receive one C-3PO alternate art card.

Seats are limited (16 player limit). Pre-registering, in store, is strongly recommended.

Just a reminder that there are two store championships coming up tomorrow.

Hollow Mountain
Jan 31st (10am)
East Lansing, Mi
$10
20 Player cap

Warriors 3
Jan 31st (1pm)
Wayne, Mi
$10
No cap
No preregistration

Edited by Khyros

Hey Guys...

I am new to the game. I only have a few home games under my belt and I would like to get out and play a few games. My local store is RIW in Livonia and I also made an attempt at Flat Land games but nobody showed up. If I could get a few connections on here to find out when and where to meet that would be awesome.