Johdo

Any SE Michigan games?

Who all else is going to be at RIW tonight?  I have my epic ships as well if we want to play another round of that.

Edit:  Apparently I'm not coming tonight.  I got a minor scolding from the missus with the entire "you can go play with your silly little space toys if you want, I'm not saying you can't.  But I'm going to be here at home doing work while you're playing make believe"  So... To home I go!

Been there... :(

Who all else is going to be at RIW tonight?  I have my epic ships as well if we want to play another round of that.

Edit:  Apparently I'm not coming tonight.  I got a minor scolding from the missus with the entire "you can go play with your silly little space toys if you want, I'm not saying you can't.  But I'm going to be here at home doing work while you're playing make believe"  So... To home I go!

Holy shyt, does that hit home for me...  I feel your pain brother

Edited by Johdo

Hello, I am a little north of Washington Twp, and I was wondering how many of you guys play a little more north of Livonia? The closest store around me that has a xwing group is gamers gauntlet on hall road and they told me that the group there is not very active. Anyone know of anything else? Thanks!

Johdo should have a list of all the places in SE Michigan on the first post, but of the store I'm aware of, Eternal Games would probably be the closest.  That said, EG is as far north as I'll really go, so I'm not positive that there isn't something else that way.  I think a store in Saginaw was trying to get something going here a few weeks ago... But that's even further away.  There's some stuff in East Lansing as well, but that's probably too far west.  Sorry I'm not more helpful on this.  

In other news - I'm not going to be able to make it for the next two weeks.  Does anyone want to get together on a weekend and play some?  I was thinking an all day epic game, beers included.

Hello, I am a little north of Washington Twp, and I was wondering how many of you guys play a little more north of Livonia? The closest store around me that has a xwing group is gamers gauntlet on hall road and they told me that the group there is not very active. Anyone know of anything else? Thanks!

I live just south of Washington TWP (north end of Shelby) and I typically go to Eternal in Warren. Friday is just more schedule friendly to me than Tuesday at GG.

So, after 4 weeks of not being able to make it - I don't foresee any reason that I can't make it this week to RIW.  I'm excited to get some games in!  (and buy the new core set... and the Raider... and some more card sleeves because I ran out).

Played a little would like to get more playing in!!!!

Your FFG username makes me think you go to SVSU?

If so, I am nearby, in Frankenmuth! I'm hoping finally for some more Saginaw players, haha!

If you haven't found it yet, there is a Saginaw game store called Major Games that looks to be hosting X Wing events, upcoming is on third Saturday of October. 

https://www.facebook.com/MajorGamesSaginaw

I actually haven't been to this store, it is pretty new. There used to be X Wing played at The Board Room before it closed less than a year ago. The events I went to there were laid back and good fun, great for new players. I'd bet Major Games is the same, I assume the same X Wing crowd just moved to this new store.

Get Your Game On - Pontiac just opened up last month.  We're kicking our Organized Play off with an escalation month - Sundays in November:

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/537f8126e4b0ceedbd283ded/t/561eb347e4b02132e8ab9b19/1444852557564/?format=500w

Get Your Game On

983 Orchard Lake Rd.

Pontiac, MI 48341

248-481-2037

facebook.com/GYGOpontiac

Hey guys! I'm a Seattle native who's gonna be in Ann Arbor for two weeks on business, and was wondering if there's any tournaments or anything happening while I'm there. I'll be in town from 8/26 - 11/6. Anything going on during that time frame? I'd love to play in a tournament if something's happening, but if not then a casual night at a store or something will work fine :) Lemme know! Thanks!

Played a little would like to get more playing in!!!!

Your FFG username makes me think you go to SVSU?

If so, I am nearby, in Frankenmuth! I'm hoping finally for some more Saginaw players, haha!

If you haven't found it yet, there is a Saginaw game store called Major Games that looks to be hosting X Wing events, upcoming is on third Saturday of October.

https://www.facebook.com/MajorGamesSaginaw

I actually haven't been to this store, it is pretty new. There used to be X Wing played at The Board Room before it closed less than a year ago. The events I went to there were laid back and good fun, great for new players. I'd bet Major Games is the same, I assume the same X Wing crowd just moved to this new store.

Im in Auburn and dont have a forgiving work schedule but I will have to check out this place in Saginaw if I get the right night off.

Edit: For those that dont know Auburn is about an hour north of Auburn Hills. Both are nice areas.

Edited by pickirk01

Hey everyone, just wanted to pop in here and say hi. So happy to find people from Michigan who play. I'm in the GR area but often go to Mid-Michigan (Flint area) and SE Michigan (Sterling Heights area). I just got into playing X-Wing but have only been able to once or twice with family, but love it.

Hey guys! I'm a Seattle native who's gonna be in Ann Arbor for two weeks on business, and was wondering if there's any tournaments or anything happening while I'm there. I'll be in town from 8/26 - 11/6. Anything going on during that time frame? I'd love to play in a tournament if something's happening, but if not then a casual night at a store or something will work fine :) Lemme know! Thanks!

Welcome to the area.  Sadly, I'm unaware of any tourneys going on during that time period.  Doesn't mean there won't be any, I'd check the facebook group as we get closer to the weekends (https://www.facebook.com/groups/628108733880477/).  The closest place to play would be Fun4All games in Ypsilanti, but they really only have a showing when they run a tourney.  The place with the largest most reliable crowd would be Eternal Games, but that's about an hour away in Warren.  They play on Friday nights.  They usually have a good showing of 12+ most Fridays.

Hey everyone, just wanted to pop in here and say hi. So happy to find people from Michigan who play. I'm in the GR area but often go to Mid-Michigan (Flint area) and SE Michigan (Sterling Heights area). I just got into playing X-Wing but have only been able to once or twice with family, but love it.

Eternal Games in Warren is just down the road from Sterling Heights, and has a weekly tournament at 7 PM on Fridays.

Any places that are good places in West Michigan? I played the game at Youmacon (and Star Trek Attack Wing) and want to throw my hat into some organized play, so I can get a chance to lose some games.

Any places that are good places in West Michigan? I played the game at Youmacon (and Star Trek Attack Wing) and want to throw my hat into some organized play, so I can get a chance to lose some games.

There were 5 at evolution games in lansing this Saturday. You should join the michigan facebook group to get more information.

There's an X-wing league thats starting up at Nerdageddon in Brighton Jan 31st. There will be weekly prizes during league play and medals given each month. 75 min rounds, 100 pts, 3 round tournaments weekly. Each game win gets 3 pts, tie is 1pt. 1 pt per week participation. We've got a small group playing up there most sundays recently at 1pm.