Johdo

Any SE Michigan games?

Maybe one day i'll get to show up again...  :(

And Warhammer pushing out the X-Wing group is absurd.  They take up way more space than we do, they should have to move to the other area...

Maybe one day i'll get to show up again...   :(

And Warhammer pushing out the X-Wing group is absurd.  They take up way more space than we do, they should have to move to the other area...

Come March it won't matter as RIW is moving down the block to a giant azz store.

Maybe one day i'll get to show up again...   :(

Come March it won't matter as RIW is moving down the block to a giant azz store.

That's right.  Completely forgot about that.

You been by the new location?  I've been past the new Pandemonium.  Holy crap is all i'll say about that.

Game night at RIW was a success. Will definitely be showing up next week.

How many where there?

Is it organized (tournament-ish) play or just open play?

Yesterday there were 4 of us there.  I'd call it open play.  There was a Father/Son, and then two other people (myself being one of the others), so the two solo players each played one of the father/son, then switched.  I had to duck out early, so I don't know if there were more games played afterwards or not.

Myself and another player will be playing some X-wing tonight (2/14) at Fun 4 All around 6:15-6:30.  If anyone wants to get a few games in, stop by.

Edit:  Looks like we may cancel due to weather.

Edited by Wiry

Don't forget that tomorrow is the SC at Shenanigans.  

On a side note... Bah Humbug, due to work, it doesn't look like I'll be able to attend anymore SCs :(  I guess it's a good thing I won mine when I did.

Fun but small SC at Shenanigans in Taylor yesterday.

We had 10 people show up, maybe would have had space for 12.

John Ozoga won.  Since I split after finishing 5th and missing the cut to 4 by a MOV of 410-407 to Tommy Goff I'm not sure how the final 4 ended up.  John will chime in here sooner or later with details.

I think I heard something about the top 4 all having Rebel Operative Hawks without any turrets, but those sure were some funny looking hawks that looked an awful lot like Han & Chewey Falcons.

It was a blast.  First time I've ever had a match be a modified decision, too bad it was a loss at time and if the round had been one round shorter or if I'd moved one guy differently on the last turn I would have won.  Good matches with good competition.

Any other details on the AFK tourney?  I read Khyros results summary of the top 4 lists and that 14 people showed up.  How was the venue?  How many rounds?  Did it go pretty smoothly?

Yes it went very smoothly. Venue could hold 22-24 I think for future tournaments. They said they would hold a spring tournament - no date yet. We started rolling dice just after 11:30 AM and were ready for the final 4 (not enough showed for a top 8) just before 5 PM after 4 sixty minute rounds. One guy showed up about 15 min late so we let the guy with the buy play him instead of sitting out a round - so a small delay there, but that was it.

I took 5th. Kyhros has posted the top 4 earlier in this post I believe and his path to store champion glory in the battle reports forum.

Well, I'll show up anyway, just in case someone else shows up. I also want to get my hands some of that new stock. I wish I could go to that tournament, regardless of my experience in competitive play, but alas, I have a business meeting at 4pm in Troy and cannot make it. -.- I'll have to keep my eyes open for the next tournament opportunity.

Well, I'll show up anyway, just in case someone else shows up. I also want to get my hands some of that new stock. I wish I could go to that tournament, regardless of my experience in competitive play, but alas, I have a business meeting at 4pm in Troy and cannot make it. -.- I'll have to keep my eyes open for the next tournament opportunity.

Well if you are looking for the next tourney activity you are in luck.  Gamer's Gauntlet in Clinton Township will be having their SC the week after Eternals, on Saturday the 28th.

Well if you are looking for the next tourney activity you are in luck.  Gamer's Gauntlet in Clinton Township will be having their SC the week after Eternals, on Saturday the 28th.

As far as I know I should be available that weekend. I'll tentatively plan on being there. Thanks for the info!