Johdo

Any SE Michigan games?

Any of you guys at any of the stores, RIW being the most convenient, mind games against a new player? I have a decent understanding of the game so far, but nothing more than 3-4 games under my belt.

New players are always welcome at any venue I've played at (RIW in Livonia and Fun 4 All in Ypsilanti). Do you have any plans to come out to RIW tonight? X-Wing is the game of the day and everything X-Wing is 25% off.

Is tge tourney on the 27th a no go then? And i just got called to work tonight so u wont make it to riw

At the last one when John announced the 27th it seemed like most people couldn't make it. So we are just putting it out there to everyone to see if there are upcoming open dates weekday/weekend are better, then we'll go ahead and schedule it with the store.

There is a mixed feeling between some not liking the 60 minute format and after work drives to make a week day tourney versus some having booked weekends and limited available days per week to play.

There is a mixed feeling between some not liking the 60 minute format and after work drives to make a week day tourney versus some having booked weekends and limited available days per week to play.

How many matches did we have take up the whole 60 minutes last time?  I know all of my matches were over one way or another well before the 60 min. point.  But I could see some swarm lists maybe lasting until time ran out.

How many matches did we have take up the whole 60 minutes last time?  I know all of my matches were over one way or another well before the 60 min. point.  But I could see some swarm lists maybe lasting until time ran out.

I agree, I didn't really have an issue with it either and it will only get more efficient as we go. Then again, as support grows it probably won't hurt to poll everyone.

Shipped out early yesterday morning and didn't make it to RIW... Which makes me sad because I have lots of W4 still to purchase (namely a 2nd Phantom, 2nd Defender, 2+3rd E wing, and 3-6 Z-95s).

Anyone make it out on Thursday for whatever it was they were doing?  Been sick this week, so there was no way i could have made it.

Dane and I picked up some Wave 4 ships and got a couple of games in. I finally beat Dane's Wedge+Roark+2xBlue list for the first time!

There didn't seem to be any other comers for X-Wing demos or anything, but the new force pack did come out for the LCG so the other Star Wars guys were out in full force. After Dane left I caught a couple games of cards with them.

Anyone make it out on Thursday for whatever it was they were doing?  Been sick this week, so there was no way i could have made it.

...but the new force pack did come out for the LCG so the other Star Wars guys were out in full force. 

Pun intended i take it?

Eternal, this Tuesday, standard x-wing meet up? We need to talk about the next summer OP tourney timing still, I suggest we do so Tuesday. Will be there around 6:30 as usual.

Roger roger.  I'll be there with a newly painted ship.

Eternal, this Tuesday, standard x-wing meet up? We need to talk about the next summer OP tourney timing still, I suggest we do so Tuesday. Will be there around 6:30 as usual.

Roger roger.  I'll be there with a newly painted ship.

Painted ship? If you paint a ship you kind of have to make it the focal point of all your builds right? If I ever mod a ship it will be dipped in chrome and have running lights and a hydraulic base. When I take out a ship I'll hit the switches and watch it bounce!

Painted ship? If you paint a ship you kind of have to make it the focal point of all your builds right?

I'm a little ambivalent about this after painting up Wedge a ship...at least he's pretty good for the points cost.

Gamers Gauntlet has a tournament and tge Summer OP kit going on August 2nd it starts at 2 i think but its on their facebook page if you want to see, im going to go

My son has probably done about half our minis.  We are used to painting minis, he also does Warhammer and I do naval minis.  Its fun to be unique,  For the rebels we use a variation of vonRichtofens Flying Circus.  Not sure what he uses for the empire.

Had six at eternal last night. Very fun, intense games, everyone using new or tweaked lists. Went 0-3 with the Blountzzzz build, back to the drawing board. Thanks to everyone for coming out and we should have details from a Eternal soon on the next summer OP as well as a future escalation tourney.