Johdo

Any SE Michigan games?

1,872 posts in this topic

Anyone else showing up to RIW tonight for some X wing?  My play on Tuesday just pointed out how much time I've been away from the game and how sloppy I am right now... So I definitely need to get some games in!

I was, but as luck would have it I'm out. :(

Still trying for next week with whatever event they are referring to.

Anybody know when Gamer's Guantlet, RIW, or any other stores in the area will be running tournaments for the summer kit with the Biggs card?  I'm hoping to take another shot or 10 at trying to win one, even if I am hitting my proverbial head against the proverbial brick wall.   :)

I'm assuming that's what RIW is advertising on the 28th, or whenever the poster says.  If there's a decent showing any Thursday, we can just run a kit then as well.

Johdo likes this

As seen on Facebook:

This Sunday, July 20th will be a tournament at Evolution Games in Lansing, MI.

10am start time

$10 entry fee

Looks like possibility of a Tantive IV as a prize, amongst other prizes.

Anyone thinking of going? Ill be there.

As seen on Facebook:

10am start time

$10 entry fee

I won't be able to make it because I have family visiting.

It seems like several stores are thinking of offering Tantive IV ships as prizes.  Have they been having trouble selling them?

FYI, I asked RIW about the July 24th event they have advertised, and it is because X wing is their featured game of the day next Thursday.  Everything X wing will be 25% off, and they will be running demos to hopefully draw in more people to the game.  

As seen on Facebook:

10am start time

$10 entry fee

Is this a 100 point event?

As seen on Facebook:

10am start time

$10 entry fee

Is this a 100 point event?

The Facebook post didnt say anything, but I assume it is. They'd clarify if it was a non standard tournament.

You guys missed a fun event in Lansing! 13 or so people, 4 rounds of swiss, cut to Top 4. Eric and I competed in the Finals, his 3 Interceptor list vs my Shuttles, Night Beast, and Echo. We BOTH went home with a Tantive IV, and I got a shiny medal and acrylic bombs. They also gave away a Rebel Transport as a random door prize. It was a great time.

Mild list variety. Saw all but bombers on imperial. And I think all but the Hawk on rebel. No swarms though, and I had the only Phantom. At least 2 squads had anti Phantom built into it.

tigayo likes this

Sounds like fun Phil.  FYI, I did not ship out to Canada today as I was originally scheduled, so I might be around for a few games at RIW on Thursday, coupled with its 25% off for X wing day!

phild0 likes this

No rain predicted for Thursday, so probably not going to make it.  I'll keep it in mind though just in case.

Bah... Work is having me leave for Canada at 7am on Thursday so I won't make it *shakes angry fist*... And tonight I already have plans so I can't make it out to Flat Land =/.

If you could add Get Your Game on In Ann Arbor that would be great.

I'll add this site under the Misc section.  Once you finalize the day and time of your regular events, i'll move you into that day's section.

Thanks.

Anyone up to play next Tuesday at Eternal? 

We are still trying to hammer out a date for the next OP, a Friday might be better so we can play full rounds. Feel free to suggest some dates.  If enough people are ok with running it on a tuesday we'll do it  but it will be 60 minute rounds.  

Anyone up to play next Tuesday at Eternal? 

We are still trying to hammer out a date for the next OP, a Friday might be better so we can play full rounds. Feel free to suggest some dates.  If enough people are ok with running it on a tuesday we'll do it  but it will be 60 minute rounds.  

I'd like to play next Tuesday.  And if they wanted to run a tournament on a Tuesday night again I'd be ok with that.

Any of you guys at any of the stores, RIW being the most convenient, mind games against a new player? I have a decent understanding of the game so far, but nothing more than 3-4 games under my belt.