Johdo

Any SE Michigan games?

1,900 posts in this topic

Thanks Khyros!  Appreciate the info...see you Thursday...hopefully will get there earlier then last week and get to play a match.

Khyros likes this

FYI I called around and the following stores said they didn't anticipate having a cap, but either hadn't set up their final time, or the staff member I spoke with was unable to find the time, or Fantasy Flight hadn't gotten back to them with info so no final date and time had been set:

Gamers Sanctuary - Flint

RIW - Livonia

Fun 4 All -Yipsilanit

Gamer's Gauntlet - Clinton Township (said it would be on Saturday or Sunday)

The key piece of info here, the above 4 stores don't anticipate capping entries.

Khyros likes this

So I contacted Epic Games in Centerville OH regarding their regionals, and it is indeed on May 17th.  Their normal monthly X wing tourney is on May 10th, thus the confusion.

Johdo and Redleader19 like this

It looks like I will probably be coordinating Fun 4 All's Imdaar Alpha event (because Toggle will be out of town). F4A has plenty of table space and should be able to accommodate as many players as come out.

I haven't talked to any of the people at F4A since locations were announced so I can't speculate on what day/time we'll be running the event, but I will be sure to keep you guys apprised on here once I get details.

Edited by a4rino
Khyros and Redleader19 like this

So who all should I expect to be seeing at RIW tonight?  I'm going to try to get there a bit early to make sure that if they have the transport in stock, I buy every one of them so none of you can have it!  muwhahaha!  I mean... I'm sure there'll be plenty to go around... AT $100!!! MUWHAHAHAHA... bah... I don't do a very good job of hiding my evil...

Reminder - i96 is closed from Southfield to 275.

Johdo likes this

FYI, RIW has set their Assault on Imdaar Alpha date to be Saturday at noon.  Sooo... You gotta convince F4A to make it Friday/Sunday!

FYI, RIW has set their Assault on Imdaar Alpha date to be Saturday at noon.  Sooo... You gotta convince F4A to make it Friday/Sunday!

I've never been in a tournament before, how many hours does a tournament usually take?  Would it be possible for F4A to do theirs at like 6 PM on Saturday?  There is a half hour drive between the two stores according to Google.  Would it even be possible for RIW to run theirs from 12-5, and then F4A from 6-11PM?  I mean F4A might not even want to do that, but if tournaments are more like 8 hours then 5 then it is physically impossible to go to both and the point is moot.

Also, maybe it would be good in a way if the tournaments were at the same time, it would force players to pick one or the other and spread the wealth giving 8 different players prizes.  Either way the decision isn't in my hands I was just curious how long a tournament like this might last.

Edited by mlbrogueone
Redleader19 likes this

Unless these events have a hard round limit (which i doubt), it would depend on turn out.  It sounds like these events will have a finals round to make a list using the new stuff only.

So if you guess there will be about 3 or 4 rounds @ 60 minutes a round, 5 to 10 minutes between rounds for people to move, and then time at the end to make new squad with new stuff and play that game...I would guess you are looking at about 5-6 hours.

With the local population being spread across 3-4 events, we're likely to be seeing <8 at each event.  As such, I would expect 3 rounds of swiss total.  After 2 rounds, there will only be 2 people undefeated, and they will be playing the "final match" so to speak with the new ships.  At least that's how I will run RIW / convince Gary to run RIWs that way.  

Ideally, a prerelease event like this should generate 16+ peoples, so you'd do 3 rounds then cut to top 4 for the special playing... or at least you could cut to top 2.  But it really doesn't make sense to do a cut with less than 16 people, unless it was actually setup like "2 rounds of swiss, cut to top 2"... the only difference this would make is that typically the loser of the final table comes in 3rd, and the winner from the 2nd table comes in second... this would reverse that.  And that would be the only difference.

Hi would you verify the Sat noon time.  I talked to RIW yesterday and they said they were having a Transport unveiling a week from Sat, but said nothing about Assault on Imdaar

Edited by librarian101

It's verified..  I talked with Pam last night about it, and they also have created a FB event for it already.  https://www.facebook.com/events/284178278408297/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Interesting about the Transport though... I talked with Devon yesterday and he had no clue about when it was coming in, and I talked extensively with Pam and she never mentioned anything like that... Herm... I might have to give them a call because I need my transport before that!

Yup... that's when AIA happens... May 30th - June 1st are the only days they're allowed to run it.  I don't know what you're referring to happening this Saturday.

Just a reminder, high noon tomorrow at Eternal Games in Warren if anybody wants a match or two practice before the upcoming tournaments I'll be there from noon to 12:30 and if I don't see anybody then I guess I'll go home and stare at my ships... or do the boat load of chores I really should be doing around the house.

Edited by mlbrogueone

If someone wants Interceptors, i can sell them 1 or 2.  Only thing you'll be missing is the original packaging.

Anybody want to meet at GOB in Madison Heights this Wed night?

Would love to, won't be back in town until Thurs., possibly going to make it to RIW this week but it's a maybe. 

It would be good to get some more games in with you, though. 

I talked yesterday to James from Fun 4 All in Ypsilanti. He was receptive to hosting the Imdaar Alpha event on either Saturday (May 31) or Sunday (June 1), depending on anticipated turnout. I made a post about this on the X-Wing Michigan Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/628108733880477/permalink/756308974393785/?stream_ref=2

If you're a member of that group, just let me know on there. If you're not a member of that group, let me know on this thread if you plan to attend the Imdaar Alpha event at Fun 4 All and indicate which day(s) you would be able to attend (Saturday or Sunday). Please don't post in both places because I can't keep track of usernames vs. birth names.

Edited by a4rino

Anybody want to meet at GOB in Madison Heights this Wed night?

Would love to, won't be back in town until Thurs., possibly going to make it to RIW this week but it's a maybe. 

It would be good to get some more games in with you, though. 

Well maybe the following week then, we'll see.