Sign in to follow this  
El_Tonio

How many of each Wave 3 ship are you ordering (and why)?

I've preordered:

2X Imperial Shuttle

2X HWK

3X B-Wing

3X TIE bomber

Main reasons are that FFG hasn't produced a bad ship yet, I look forward to having plenty of upgrades, and I'm worried about continued distribution problems.

What are you preordering and why?

I'm ordering $100 worth so I can get free shipping. Not sure how its going to break down with each ship. Probably 3x B and Bomber 2x Hwk and 1x Lambda. Will probably end up with 4 each eventually though.

I get 2 of the large ships, and then 1 of each smaller ship for each unique pilot available.

Which brings me to an interesting question.  Have we seen anything definitive on how many unique pilots are available for each ship yet?

I will probably buy a number of ships equal to what I bought from the second wave:

• B-wing x3

• TIE Bomber x3

• Hwk 290 x1

• Shuttle x1

After this I want to go back a pickup another X-wing expansion as I only bought 1 to begin with.

Pre-ordered 100 points of each ship from my FLGS.  Based on costs I've seen on the cards so far that was 4 Lambdas, 5 Crows, 4 B-Wings and 4 TIE Bombers.  If the lowest pilot card is lower than anticipated, I'll up my order.

Jim

I went with 4x B-Wing / TIE Bomber. Then 1x Shuttle / HWK.

I am not too sure how these new support ships will play out and if I would ever want to field more then one on each side.

Proud this thread popped up. I checked Miniature Market and they only had 6 B wings left. I ended up ordering 4x B wing and Bomber 2x HWK and 1 Lambda. $116.00 later I'm set for release day. I feel like a kid waiting on Christmas now.

2 lambda, 2 HWK, 3 bombers, 3 B-wings. My friend already claimed one of each, but I don't see myself running more than 2 b-wings ever. I also don't see myself running more than one shuttle or one crow either so…. I also have the unique opportunity to use all the upgrade cards from everything he buys so I have a total of 12 tie fighters, 8 x-wings, etc.

I'll definitely be getting two or three TIE Bombers, a Lambda and one Hawk, but beyond that I'm thinking that should be enough for me for awhile.

My play style hasn't really emerged yet, but I can see myself settling on the Rebels long term, with some Imperial to break up the games a bit.

If the Rebel Captive works as well as I hope it does, I might pick up another Lambda.

I preordered with MiniatureMarket, despite living in Canada, despite them using USPS, because they seem to be one of the favored retailers that get huge quantities of stock. I'll get my ships 2-3 weeks after everyone else, but my local options will be terrible once more for wave 3. They get snatched up mere hours after they're put on shelves, they take no reservations and the prices are atrocious, higher than my options in the US, even accounting for shipping.

1x Lambda shuttle: I did get 2 YT-1300 and 2 Firespray-31 with the intention of trying out then goofy dual big ship lists, but now that I've seen them in play in vassal games by serious players, it's not so goofy now. They are viable and I'm happy these purchases turned out to be sound. I haven't fielded them yet in live games, but I've tried the double YT-1300 list once in Vassal. I'm not taking that risk this time with my preorder. If funky lists with multiple lambdas pop up, I'll get 1 more locally at a bad price.

3x B-Wings: I don't think I'll field more than 2 in most sound lists that have a high accent toward the B-Wing, since they're a specialized fighter with weaknesses, but I'm a mainly rebel player and I will at some point try 3 decked out B-Wings to see how it goes. The 3rd is thus a splurge. I love that ship.

2x HWK-290: I predict that 1 HWK-290 will be enough for the best lists that use them, but again, I want to open the options up by trying 2 in a single list.

2x TIE Bomber: I predict that this is going to be the perfect number for lists that heavily use them, 3x would be too risky, 1x is going to be popular. If I need more I'll get more.

Nemuril said:

Probably 3-4 B-wings right away and maybe a HWK-290 farther down the line. What can I say? I like B-wings.

i'm going to get enough b-wings to field a full squad too.  they were my favorite fighter as a kid.

I'm going to order a firm one each HWK & Lambda, and two each B-Wing & bomber. Reason: a) that's what will provide a balanced visual display for my fleet, and b) I don't really perceive the need for more.

One Lambda, one HWK 290, two B-wings and two TIE bombers. I may eventually pick up more, but with each successive wave I see myself less and less likely to field a squad of only one type of ship. I still only have 2 TIE interceptors and 2 A-wings, but that has been enough for me right now. And if I ever do want to try a homogeneous squad, my friends at the FLGS are more than happy to loan me their ships to take for a spin.

Also, I haven't completely ruled out the Starfield Tiles, so I may divert some of my ship funds towards that product.

If money grew on trees of course I would buy more :)

Mu0n said:

I preordered with MiniatureMarket, despite living in Canada, despite them using USPS, because they seem to be one of the favored retailers that get huge quantities of stock. I'll get my ships 2-3 weeks after everyone else, but my local options will be terrible once more for wave 3. They get snatched up mere hours after they're put on shelves, they take no reservations and the prices are atrocious, higher than my options in the US, even accounting for shipping.

i think the store(s) in your area are ripping you off

i'm located in Vancouver BC, and the majority of the stores here sell for normal retail price of $15 per small ship and $30 per large, some of which sell for a dollar or 2 cheaper.. others up to a couple dollars more, but nothing to fret about

miniature market isn't that much cheaper for you either unless you have a US P.O. box that you can get free shipping to, because you will still end up paying a good chunk in shipping to your door

you should have also considered pre-ordering your ships from a local game store (reasonable priced that is)

Would love to order 4 each of B-Wing and TIE Bomber, and 1 each of the Lambda and Moldy Crow. My reason is that my ideal collection is a full flight group of each of the fighters, and one each of the 'hero' craft. Still tossing up if I want a Firespray; I love Fett and all, but it just doesn't fit to me with an Imperial force. 

executor said:

i'm located in Vancouver BC, and the majority of the stores here sell for normal retail price of $15 per small ship and $30 per large, some of which sell for a dollar or 2 cheaper.. others up to a couple dollars more, but nothing to fret about

miniature market isn't that much cheaper for you either unless you have a US P.O. box that you can get free shipping to, because you will still end up paying a good chunk in shipping to your door

you should have also considered pre-ordering your ships from a local game store (reasonable priced that is)

My local stores offer small ships for 15.98 + taxes and big ones for 29.95 + taxes too.

Miniature Market *IS* cheaper even when I count up the $20 shipping (as I said in my post) for an order that amounts to around $100, shipping included. If I bought that stuff locally, it would be $135 + taxes, about $155. Do not worry about me, I've done my checks properly.

Using a US P.O. box is not convenient at all, I'd have to drive to NY or Vermont and it's 3+ hours of a drive, that costs me close to the majority of a tank of gas for both ways, another $50 which totally defeats the purpose of trying to save $20 in shipping.

1 - HWK290

1 - Lambda Class

3 - B-Wing Heavy fighter bombers

3 - TIE Bombers

Although I would prefer to have 2 of the larger ships I know supply will be limited at my usual store and the cost will be prohibitive.  3 of the smaller ships make sense for me because it's nice to run scenarios that require a wing of a single fighter/bomber.  Also I don't see many instance of multiple HWK 290's being used anyway and the shuttle will likely be used as a target for many scenario's for the old "capture the imperial delegate" type mission. 

Mu0n said:

executor said:

My local stores offer small ships for 15.98 + taxes and big ones for 29.95 + taxes too.

Miniature Market *IS* cheaper even when I count up the $20 shipping (as I said in my post) for an order that amounts to around $100, shipping included. If I bought that stuff locally, it would be $135 + taxes, about $155. Do not worry about me, I've done my checks properly.

Using a US P.O. box is not convenient at all, I'd have to drive to NY or Vermont and it's 3+ hours of a drive, that costs me close to the majority of a tank of gas for both ways, another $50 which totally defeats the purpose of trying to save $20 in shipping.

only $20 shipping hey? not bad.. i was expecting a $50 shipping cost with a reasonable amount of product due to it's size

Right now I'm only planning on buying 1 of each. Then, after seeing the upgrade cards in each, I'll decide on how many more of each I'll pick up. Of course this might change once we see spoilers for what cards come with each ship.